Breakthrough Failures, what gives?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DesertMP, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

use the destiny tokens to get completion seals ;)
    • Like x 2
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Maybe...seems like it would be tough to program though. Would be a good incentive to stay subbed though, if you drop sub you reset back to default numbers.
    • Like x 2
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I personally like rewards for loyal customers, so I would be in favor of something like this if they can track subscription periods. My only concern is all the threads I've seen where "I lost my promotional subscription, and Sony blames Daybreak but Daybreak blames Sony" etc.
    • Like x 2
  4. DesertMP New Player

Went through a seal of preservation everytime. Then just stopped trying. They really need to remove a lot of the random chance crap in this game. Have a checklist. Fulfill all items on checklist. Achieve goal.
    As far as the percentage success goes, have that based upon all the required catalysts. Let an upgrade have a 50% chance of success happen with half catalysts. Want it to succeed, buy all the catalysts from Constantine.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Then use a seal of completion like I said.
    • Like x 3
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER attempt a breakthrough without a Seal. If you are unable to acquire one at this time, then hold off until you can get a Seal.
    • Like x 3
  7. Deltaheat Well-Known Player

These needs another look. I had two failures today that ate my catalysts when using Seals of Preservation. I'm putting a ticket in.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dene Devoted Player

that's a bug that they know about - but yeah def put a ticket
    • Like x 2
  9. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Revenue is revenue.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That is true....but if it's less overall....it's still less. I'll trade you this $5 bill for that $20 you have....money is money...right?;)
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Well, if this 5$ is in silver dollars of a certain year ...;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I'm making the assumption that the people subbing then cancelling after the breakthrough, in this hypothetical, would not have subbed otherwise.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Understood, but did you miss the part where they also would have probably bought seals a-la-carte? Most premiums spend money...and much of that is revolving around seals/XP/Artis/Replays. Not saying they'd do it every month, but the lure of 'I don't want ot sub' sometimes outweighs logic and math. So yeah....many people would pay LESS if they subbed on occasion overall.

Real example. I have a premium friend who is very reluctant to sub. One time he had mentioned to me that he spend money getting an escrow token to unlock his cash (7$ when that was a thing), bought $5 worth of replays and a SOC for $5...using the remaining $3 on stablizers (he bought a $20 MPC). I mentioned to him that a sub would have gotten him the cash (for a month...not week), granted the $5 of replays, provided the 500 loyalty to get the SOC and netted those $3 in stabilizers by virtue of a months worth of extra fragments. He actually spent more to get less (as he didn't get the other member benefits either). You know his response?.... "Oh yeah....well shut up".

And as I said it wasn't a terrible idea. I would probably bring in a few people, whereas it would lose some on a-la-carte. In the end if people stayed subbed, it might total more....so you might be right.
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Then there's me who subscribed annually, and forgot, two years in a row to unsubscribe.....
    • Like x 2