Breakouts not working correctly

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Karasawa, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodler New Player

F
    I
    X

Please :)
  2. 478874 Dedicated Player

Anything that causes Terror, even the consumables, will lock people up like this, requiring additional break-outs.
  3. mollypoppinz Well-Known Player

i thought i was tripping about 20 mins ago so i came to check the forums

thank god its happening to others and it deffinetly needs to be fixed
  4. Deathmike Devoted Player

This issue is still present.

Deathmike out.
  5. Mercenary Renegade New Player

This needs to be addressed. Hoping it's not intended, although it doesn't feel like it is. As it's the same as the panic-stun that locks you in place.
    • Like x 1
  6. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

This bug has been going on since computer enemies were allowed to block. It don't work for me all the time but, when i have zero power in my power pool it will try to work every time.
  7. Nimhe New Player

The worst part about this is the people who're absolutely exploiting it, turtling constantly, then the moment they manage to knock you down with their block, they spam everything they've got on you. It's worse to see this forum post about it's been going on for days with no response.

Srsly, SOE: Stop 'fixing' what isn't broken, fix some of the stuff that's BEEN broken since forever, and actually EARN the money you've been leeching off the players.
    • Like x 2
  8. renzhe New Player

Still no green name comment? Nothing about the breakouts? the BB interrupt windows? the block window?

Its not like the developers don't play pvp. They do. So why the changes and no mention? This must have been intended somehow, especially with how the pvp trinket is almost useless now. Are the developers only playing on their internal server?

Server hotfix 05.09.2013
    • Players should now find that blocking and counter immunity from blocking has returned to normal.
    And no more unclear wordings like the above. As of right now, nothing is "normal".

And it seems to have gotten worse with GU26. So there probably was another adjustment, unmentioned again.
    • Like x 2
  9. Karasawa Loyal Player

I will say this. I first started playing when the game went free 2 play so I'm not sure if they changed the combat system prior to that. But when they switched from that combat system to the current one with immunities and not being able to breakout of block stun they lost A LOT of players. The most important thing with games like this is to be consistent. When you fiddle with the core mechanics of a fighting game for instance you destroy the skills people dedicated hours of their time to mastering. SOE may think these are small changes here and there and no big deal. But seriously, messing with core combat mechanics is something you should do EXTREMELY reluctantly and GRADUALLY.
    • Like x 3
  10. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

heh, i thought it was just me.
    been driving me nuts.
    defnitely somethin goin on, but as mentioned already it could be partially intended change and/or lag which has honestly made everything wonky.
  11. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

12. Mercenary Renegade New Player

Can a dev look into this? Feels like it's getting no attention whatsoever, if it's intended please let us know. If not, please fix it. It makes having the pvp breakout trinket useless as you can't move for 3 seconds if you get countered. Feels like the terrorize/stun glitch back when mental used to do it constantly, and leaves us vulnerable without a way to breakout. What's the point of using a move like distract (usable while controlled) if you're still controlled by something unintended.
    • Like x 1
  13. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Yep still broken. If i use a breakout trinket or, power that works like a breakout when on the ground can't move or, do anything for 2 seconds.
  14. Lyndi Well-Known Player

I've noticed this as well. before you could break out of the harvest type encasement (if you had the power bar to do it or used a power like shatter restraints). but now you are stuck in it no matter what you do
  15. details26 Committed Player

This is extremely annoying and I feel it should be highest on the priority list being that this game's combat was updated for fast paced suppression and stunning. But most of the time you're sitting there spamming breakout getting whaled on hoping that the usual 4-5 seconds you have to wait just to attack to end faster.

I hope the next update fixes this
  16. Loche Developer

I am pretty sure we addressed this in GU27. I assume we are talking about the issue Tunso posted on in the Testing feedback forums:

17. Trinidad James Loyal Player

And so what about the issues of not being able to breakout of Pi Panic stuns from Hardlight & Mental powers and NPC Encasement's? Nightwing's & Batwoman's gadget encasement's, Grundy's harvest encasement CAN NOT BE BROKE OUT OF.
    • Like x 2
  18. Woodler New Player

great question...
  19. Loche Developer

That is also addressed in GU27
  20. Loche Developer

Let me clarify, the player ability breakouts have been addressed. Some NPC abilities are flagged as unresistable for a reason. I can take a look at Nightwing, Batwoman, and Grundy just to make sure there is a good reason for it. What specific piece of content are they having unresistable encasements? We have multiple versions of NPCs, and I dont want to look at the wrong ones.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.