Breakouts not working correctly

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Karasawa, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karasawa Loyal Player

Using a breakout power or pvp trinket to recover from a counter hit causes you to be stuck in place and unable to use powers for a couple seconds. This started happening after the Origin Crisis update.

In the video, I use a breakout power after being blocked but I can't move, attack, or use any powers for a couple seconds. All I can do is spin around in place.
    • Like x 34
  2. Yallander Loyal Player

The same happens to me when I use Bug Form or Change Back from nature as well as a consumable shield after being countered. I'll get a video of it up later, but it looks the same.
    • Like x 2
  3. Sumeric New Player

I noticed the same thing, but it may be intentional.

If you use a break-out power/trinket after any control effect that isn't a counter mechanic, it works just fine. Counters are supposed to incapacitate you for a short duration.

If you can circumvent the punishment, what's the point in learning?
    • Like x 2
  4. The M New Player

Actually you have a video of what i mentioned about mental.
    It´s in this link:

Here you had plenty of power and weren´t able to breakout. As mentioned in my previous post on the other topic, this also happens when you are encased. When this is used by HL/Mental users, is a big unfair advantage in pvp. It´s being abussed. Granted some people are not aware of this, but people on villain side abuse it.

(This is similar to what happened with the dog form bug from sorcery that was not much time ago fixed).
    • Like x 2
  5. The M New Player

Sharing info i posted previously:

*Breakouts (with cc) are messed.
    a) Mental Thought Bubble in particular doesn´t allow you to breakout even with power (in arenas)
    b) Panic (HL) has the same problem and some ppl abuse it
    c) Noticed this also with one guy, think he was using menace (75% power bar on me and not able to breakout)

I think this has to do with being stuck in stand animation, since it happens also when you have panic/thought bubble/(Maybe menace), only that this happens while being in this powers ,reason why you can´t breakout even with full power bar.

- This might happen with other powers too, but those are the ones i am aware now.
    • Like x 2
  6. REEEPR New Player

I can't break out of NPC encasements (Grundy's harvest type move in Wayward) and that sucks while i'm on my healer. This has to be a bug.
  7. renzhe New Player

You're talking about the Chompers move from HL?

How about Entrap?
  8. The M New Player

Yes that one lol, tried to said the power that causes panic, but was too late and was tired,
    Not soure about entrap
  9. Yallander Loyal Player

Yeah but that issue is a little different while changing forms. Not to give out all my Nature secrets, but switching forms works like a usable while controlled power and shortens the time you are on your back (much like distract.) I use bug form and then change back for this purpose, but as of late I have the delay when I try to do it.
    • Like x 1
  10. Zypher New Player

I was talking to Shaulim about this.. we think mental's mass terror can also glitch you out. Something to do with the panic effect I'm guessing.
    • Like x 2
  11. The M New Player

Thats possible true, since chompers use the panic effect. So it can be specific to panic effect. But that doesn´t explains the thought bubble effect that you can´t breakout, but might be related somehow.
  12. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Batwoman in PVP Arenas Safehouse & Nightwing In open world, Gadget encasements will perma lock you inside them. Also there are other reports of thought bubble doing the same.

I agree with Panic being bugged, In that I have been hard stunned by Panic attacks so hard that I was unable to move/breakout. This only happens when I duel HL using Champers & Mental using Terror Tendrils & Mass Terror. (I've sent a number of in-game bug reports about this but no dice). I think the Devs need to limit how many Panic attacks can be applied to another player back to back, along with fixing the breaking out/stuck in standing animation problems.

I also posted this in the Developer Discussion thread for Iconic Anomaly: The Hunt, after I 1st ran it on live.
    "I'm wondering if there is a bug with immunity. Once I use the breakout trinket; there is a short delay window that last lets say (3s), where I am unable to move/block/use a power."
  13. KemistiOMG Committed Player

anyone else having the problen that the second you breakout you'll be blockbreaked again?
    • Like x 1
  14. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

None of the above have been working for some time. Server latency garbage these days.
    • Like x 2
  15. MARK2099 New Player

This is happening since DLC7, any cc in general is taking longer to break even with power (over a second delay with no chance to move), the most funny it is inmunities are really off since update, lot of times after i block or use a bb, the other players is getting inmunity and is not lag, because i play very early in the morning when servers are empty and this keep happening, doubt is just general lag.
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

I'm thinking these are different issues though I have experienced what you're talking about with the problems with encasements and panic giving unusually long CC effects on players. As soon as I can recreate these situations I will try to post more videos. For now I'm more concerned about this breakout bug because there's currently no reason to even use breakout powers if they don't decrease the time you're disabled after a counterhit.
    • Like x 1
  17. The M New Player

I hope we have an update about this soon
  18. razor Red New Player

I've been trying to play through the bug where you break out but still can't move hoping it will get fixed soon.

However if it is working as intended I will stop playing this game because pvp is already in a nutshell.
  19. Nawtae Well-Known Player

Oh I didn't even see this post and I just created a new one looking for mine. :( Oops!
  20. surge914 New Player

Happens to me too. Kind of defeats the purpose of the trinket in the T5 solos when you get knocked back and you use the trinket to get back up,which you do but can't attack so the time it takes to fall and get up is the time as using the trinket and waiting to be able to attack. Kind of dumb.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.