Brainiac Returns - Episode Launch Date + Key Art Reveal!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kikumod, May 16, 2024.

1. Byrne1 New Player

So much whining over new content. There is a world and stuff happens in it.
  2. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Nooo I must see this at once hehehehe plz send me link or a DM thank you bro.
  3. Kuno Loyal Player

I prefer to have original non iconic styles rather than repeated styles parts. Like barbarian, egiptian, and the ones from the first years.
    But man, Hall of Justice again? We been there like 1 episode ago lol
    Its too repetitive.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Maybe we’ll get lucky and we’ll get to see Biden Vs Trump duking it out on the Monumental lawn, I’d pay to see that. :D
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Its on page 2 of this thread. :D
  6. TheMikeB Active Player

Why is every DLC the same exact thing.

Open world. Same missions every day. Boring
    Open world bounties. Boring

The best dlcs didn't need an open world. Didn't need bounty spam snoozefests. All it needed was engaging content
  7. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

Id agree with U on the open world bosses esp with feats of killing 100 of the bosses. Should be lesser. But in terms of killing open world adds that's fine and many games do that
  8. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

Is the episode dropping on switch tomorrow or r we having to wait cause of Nintendo?
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Literally for years people begged for open-world bounties where more than 8 people could join in. For year after year, we were told it was impossible due to the resulting server lag, and that was a true problem at the time.

Then it was finally resolved and open world bounties where dozens of people could join in finally were a thing.

I have no opinion about feats-for-number-of-bounty-kills, but the existence of the outdoor bosses continues to be fun for many of us. How many or few feats should be attached is a different question. But it's fun to play with many more people than just a chosen eight.

And I, for one, adore open worlds, particularly when we can go as high as normal Metropolis and Gotham. It's just fun to fly around at great heights, as well as just above ground level.

If you don't want to make use of such opportunities, don't, but that's no reason to take these things away from other people.

As to whether the general structure of Episodes should be revised: make specific suggestions as to what you'd like to see instead. It took years for the devs to find a balance that more or less worked. Ideas and structures can always be reworked -- sometimes even successfully -- but change for the sake of change only works out if the change is an improvement.

What do you consider "engaging content," and what should go away, in future, to give the devs time to work on that instead of the current template of Episodes?
    • Like x 2
  10. Great Architect Loyal Player

People whined that there was no new content, now they whine about the new content, later they will whine about when we will get double currency, then they will whine that they have finished everything and have nothing to do, then the whole cycle repeats. This is The DCUO Way.
    • Like x 2
  11. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

It's the lag with the open world bosses for me. Gentleman ghost don't show gravestones at times
  12. amocpower New Player

is anywhere a patch notes?
  13. Glitter Character Artist

So excited about this new gear! Our senior artist Omnom worked on both the new Brainiac NPC as well as this new gearsuit and its just so cool!
    • Like x 5
  14. Glitter Character Artist

Also, have to showcase the new Aberrant gear as well that our fabulous character artist Jazzy made too~ I adore this creepy style so much <3 (thank you Eve for the video XD)

• Like x 3
  15. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

Haha I am glad I was able to get this done before it went live xD I love love love Horror stuff, so this style I find pretty awesome, even though It's not based on a major DC character. Hits different for everyone though :) GG Jazzy!!
    • Like x 2
  16. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  17. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Eve I wanna say thank you for showcasing both the male and female versions … a lot of times creators only show one or the other .. I’m not as keen on this style (I’m sure someone who wants a monster looking character will love it) but I’m happy you showed both
    • Like x 1
  18. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

Of course! I know if it was me looking for those styles I would expect to see both. I thought of doing all body types too but this miiiiiiight be alot of work, but didn't turned it down completely x)
  19. Silverfencer New Player

That was literally the point of the Doom Episode prior to Dark Knights. And even with JL Dark Cursed, we stopped Hecate but we still don't know who or what she was referring to at the end, so we might have messed up there too. Wonder Woman even says so.
    • Like x 1
  20. Chilontius Active Player

Okay, look. I hate to complain about stuff, really I do. However, why can't I throw freakin ANYTHING really in this episode? I got super strength cause I wanna chuck buses at people. This episode has fire trucks, buses, all kinda stuf to throw. If they were throwable. Even the cars aren't. I can destroy them just fine. Why can I not throw them?

400 boxes, 50 cars, 20 crates, and not a one to throw. Please, guys, what the heck.
    • Like x 1