Brainiac Pet?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

One of my lower cr alts has Prime Brainiac Hand Spikes (that's how actual MA style is called), I think I must've gotten it this year.
    I could unlock it on my main for 35 replays, but nah... :D
  2. Disruptor Well-Known Player

So what would be a better call TOM-bot, Servo, tiny Starro or the new Brainiac pet.? I know that Baby Boo and Boo Junior are the top of the combat pet trinkets
  3. Batrederik Dedicated Player

“I really appreciate your help Dragonnes ***
    • Like x 1
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Do you happen to also know how the Sea Horse compares?
    • Like x 1
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Even though I know better, I swore the same and started using my DW loadout. Still no Prime Brainiac Hand Spikes. :(

It's now to a point where every Thursday my leaguemates know what I'm talking about when I mention my "weekly heartbreak".
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah they will, mine did too. Man, feels like a lifetime ago now. I didn’t think it was possible to feel nostalgic about a game I’m still playing but here I am. We didn’t even have style unlock or loot picker back then. I can only suggest you try to utilise that by making some alts.
  7. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I haven't tested the Sea Horse, but I might do so soon.
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

It stays around 55s, the total damage dealt during this duration is at Lvl259

Just a sample size but it should be around 177k damage during the time it is out. Would be around 3,2k/s. I couldn't be bothered to make more parsers since it wouldn't change much and I have stuff to do ^_^

Looks pretty good, though I could swear I saw bigger numbers with this thing two weeks ago...
  9. Quantile Well-Known Player

Hang in there bud. Daybreak forced me to learn (and perfect) patience when it came to obtaining the dropped Prime weapon styles I wanted...
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

Some Prime Weapon Styles are also vendor styles in the newer content iIrc
    • Like x 1
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I like the Sea Horse better.
    It hits hard and when it's done putting out it's damage; it starts tanking.
  12. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I take these talking pet for the laughs. Nothing better than TOM bot shouting into a cutscene "BOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIING"
    • Like x 3
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I like when the Brainiac one says something like...

"Ow, get it off of me...I mean, damage received..."
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That's a different brainiac bot :) (butt yes, it's funny when he says that, it shows a little of the little bots original programming, from before Brainiac attempted to assimilate it :D )
  16. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I could not obtain Sea Horse on test server and I'm probably not going to buy Brainiac Pet on live, but I still retested some things on live and here are some rough average numbers.

From Live server (character is cr258, summoned pets have cr257):

Boo Junior: around 58-61k in 1 minute, 1k damage per second, 35-38 hits, 1600-1700 damage per hit.
    Also provides shield and gives small boost to might for 20 seconds.

Tiny Starro: around 60-63k in 1 minute, 1k damage per second, 56-60 hits, 1000-1100 damage per hit.

Sea Horse: around 150-175k in 1 minute, 2500-2800 damage per second, 35-40 hits, 4500-4900 damage per hit.

All pets stay out for about 1 minute and share the cooldown. Damage scales with CR and doesn't depend on stats.
    Sea Horse really seems to be a heavy-hitter compared to others.
    Judging by test server's data from my previous testing, Brainiac Pet did less damage than Tiny Starro.
    And some other pets just because :D:

Back-Up Cave (cr257): 50-52k, stays out for around 40-45 seconds.

Sidekick Martial Arts (cr257): 40k, stays out for 1 minute.
    Sometimes gives a shield, heal and pot, but I'm not sure how effective these are.

Those two share the cooldown, but can be summoned together with any other pets.

I also happen to have some other pets on other characters, so:

Heartbreak (cr256) from Valentine's Event: 60k in 1 minute, 1k per second, 34-35 hits, 1600-1800 damage per hit.
    Stays out for 1 minute, also gives defense debuff to target and can knock it back, and provides small might boost to summoner for 20 seconds (same buff as Boo Jr).

Blossoming Spore (cr185) from Spring Event: 44-46k, stays out for around 30-35 seconds, can heal allies.

I didn't test Death Blossom Seed, since character who has it is too low on CR, and I believe it's just Blossom's reskin. Other than those, I don't have any more pets in my possession.
    • Like x 2
  17. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I’ve used the LexCorp sidekick for a long time, and after some testing the other day, the Seahorse is definitely hitting for more. I’ve officially switched.
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh, so you are a Switch Hitter then :p
  19. Dene Devoted Player

I was just about to chime in with "Lexcorp Trinket all the way!!" till i read this lol
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I assume that damage is single target land not AOE like tiny Starro? Do you know if that electric blast happens to apply PI?

I'm obviously trying very hard to find a reason that would justify getting it, lol.