Bounties... the Quicker Level Upper

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Lone Stranger, Dec 7, 2013.

1. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I thought recent updates were going to "improve" the leveling experience...

Does anyone else feel that making all the bounties lvl 30 has slowed or otherwise detracted from leveling?

I miss my trinkets at lower levels.

I also miss soloing full house at level 10...

Can't do that with my current new alt.

Devs: Please put the low-level bounties back into low-level content. They helped challenge us, gave extra experience to speed leveling, gave us trinkets to help us through the missions, and gave us our first taste of LFG pugging.
    • Like x 1
  2. Theterriblethunderlizard New Player

I'm with you 100%. Already posted a thread about this and I still don't get what the logic was behind what they did. You can hardly do the bounties now because nobody groups up for them ever. It was annoying, still is, to me because I want to get all of my feat points up as quick as possible.
    • Like x 1
  3. The dark knight New Player

I think the loss of bounties while leveling might be compensated by xp-boosters. At least if you use them to the best of your abilities, i.e. the full hour, no cigarette breaks etc. and of course try to be fast in general, everytime you get one from the lvling mission. If you group up while your xp-boost is active, you could probably advance for 10 lvls within that hour. Also collections can now be obtained more easily with the free scanners from missions -> feats. This is the main reason why I like the new lvling system. I hate grinding collection node locations for hours just to find 60% of them "empty" (no node at this time). The scanners are a fine gesture by SOE. Thanks for that, btw.
  4. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

They moved away from the bounties as they were not being done by many and were constantly skipped. Those familiar with the 'benefits' were few in comparison. The bounties still aren't needed, and people are grouping for them now, I imagine, only because of the influx of new players (and not the miniscule MoT), and will drop off again. What they really need to do, imo, is make the reknown stats actually count for something again. The best idea for this so far was to open up the mentor missions when reknown was maxed, but I believe even more can be done than that alone. GUs could always go back and add in mentor specific missions at each interval that task the hero/villain with more complex 'every day hero/villain' missions than the lackluster 'save the derp from jumping off a building because of their dog' forgetables we've had for too long. An actual bank robbery first responder mission, for example, would be cool. Detective missions would also be great. Seiges to secure territory would be awesome (the game lacks population based power struggles/real raids or seiges - though other villain side issues need to be addressed first by instituting an auto handicap feature of some sort - imo, by instituting the appearance of iconic bosses with stats based on pop' activity scale). Eh, so much that can be done. Not enough power to get it done anymore.

If the game hadn't suffered so much after launch, could have been wildly different. -_-