Booster Bundle vs Marketplace

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Backseid, May 20, 2016.

1. Backseid Devoted Player

Random chance lotto, vs knowing exactly what you are buying.

Easy answer, I know.

But whats best for the game/company?

Can both exist?

Could the BB, for $10, still work if they had the top rare item on the MP, alone, for $15 (per character/non tradeable)?

(We all know the thoughts on having a brand new feature only available in the BB. That's being discussed all over. Let's try and not go down THAT road in here)
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Depends what other stuff is included in the bundle. Many people bought this bundle for the blue solar. It's obvious cause it costs more then the cosmic material :rolleyes:

So yes. They can both coincide. The devs just need to make sure everything else that comes in the bundle is something we'd want.
    • Like x 1
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I don't think they'd keep selling Booster Bundles if it wasn't profitable. It's clearly working.

I know people that spend $200-500 each time they are released.

I think if they sold the Ultra Rare item on the MP, the BBs wouldn't sell as much.

It's also really good for the in-game economy.
  4. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

It's just sad, really sad the marketplace hasn't expanded by now, im tired of brainstorming when it falls on death ears.
    • Like x 1
  5. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

The way it is now, I'm going to gamble with about 10 bundles. I need the replays & TRKs anyway. That comes out to $100. If I get lucky with a rare, I'll play the broker game and try reselling. Otherwise, I can buy any of the auras with in-game cash.

If the top rare was it's own thing on the marketplace for $15, I would buy that straight up (it really only fits one of my toons) and then 3 boosters for the non-aura items... $45. In my case, they would lose money.
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

Agreed, but this is much like the whole "Raid only" content we're getting now.

Are there enough of that one demographic to make up for the rest?

I mean honestly, out of all the people playing this game, how many can afford more than one or two BB's. Also factor in those that just don't do lotto style things.

Now take all those above, and give them the option to purchase these items strait up.

Which side would win over all (time).

Lets do this in a mor obvious way...

If there was a Fire Aura ONCE in a BB vs one in the Market for even just a year?
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I think what should happen is this..

You have the BB with the OG item and that is the only place to get it. Also within the BB you get two uncommon items that also only can be had in the BB. Than you also have the common items that are also BB dependent only.

Now the MP contains new colored items of the same type.

Let's look at the Plasmic Aura for one minute here.

OG is white
    Than there is Green, Orange, Yellow, Blue and Red.

Now what would be smart is releasing in the MP: Pink, Purple, Light Blue, Light Green, etc...

Same can be said of all auras. These items would not cost the standard 500 MP but 1,000 MP and would only ever get a 25% discount instead of the 50% we do see from time to time. This makes these aura a bit more valuable to DBG and players who do buy them. Also, only MP item and will never be seen in a LB or BB.

Now if this was done the game would have both BB items and MP items of similar style but varying colors and DBG would profit from both types as having the auras from the BB would show you are wiling to invest as does the MP auras.

I would be willing to buy 1,000 MP for a Cyan Plasmic Aura.

One more thing, these unique aura are toon bond and not account bond. Similar to BB but this way you can pick and chose your colors.
    • Like x 3
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly....

Even is the Material was $10 in the MP...... you would spend $10 once..... and have the Material.

But with BB..... some people bought $130 BB and STILL did not get the Material.
    Some bought $200 BB...... heck pretty sure some paid MORE then $200 to get the Material.

So sadly....... odds are they made a LOT more $$$ by having the Material in the BB. :(
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

That's just bit though... Did they?

How many people are really spending that much? Now, put that number of people next to the number that would happily just spend the $10.

That's the question.

Also bare in mind that the Exclusives are also a one time deal. Whereas, if in the Market, they can continue to sell for new players, forever.

This game severely lacks ANYTHING with any form of longevity.

Hell, every Raid now only lasts a MONTH before being tossed into oblivion.

Way too much NOW. Almost no TOMORROW. That is why its dying... Fact.
    • Like x 2
  10. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Not if the material was per character like the teleporter, than players would have to buy more than 1 for other characters.
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The Devs are the ones who have the numbers....
    but sure.... they could misinterpret those numbers.
    Or make sort term decisions without considering the long term.

But they have the numbers and they know how many BB they sold.

If every players bought a Material at $10.... lets assume that there are 100 000 players.... that would mean $1 000 000.

But.... what if they sold 200 000 BB??? At $10 each = $2 000 000.

Heck what if they sold 500 000 BB???

We don't have the numbers...... but BB seems to work for them..... so they are using them to make $$$.

It could be bad for the long term.

But then again..... if you are worried about paying the rent tomorrow..... you will not really care about what happens 2 years down the line. :(
    • Like x 1
  12. Backseid Devoted Player

Well, I don't know how much control the Devs really have over these decisions.

You could say that, according to the " non action" on their part, that monthly content and the Single Mark system works as well... But does it?
  13. Nawtae Well-Known Player

I like to flush my money down the toilet (Booster Bundles) because I have too much of it sometimes.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Depends how you see it.

Does monthly work??
    Depends who you ask and what the intent really is.

For the Devs it means $$$ coming in every month as opposed to once every 3 months. So from their PoV the monthly content probably works well.

Sure.... for the players it may mean more downtime and various other things...... but if the goal is to bring in more $$$.... and if it does..... then for the Devs it's working.

For the single Mark system..... if their intent was to force people to buy DLC to force people to Subscribe..... if it means more $$$ for the Devs.... odds are it works from their PoV.
    • Like x 1
  15. Rekn Well-Known Player

Make the right choice and get the 10000 DAYBREAK CASH FOR THE LOW PRICE OF $85.00 -- WHAT A DEAL RIGHT!!!!

GO AHEAD AND SUB UP AND GET AN EVEN BETTER DEAL -- ONLY 900 DBC PER BOOSTER BUNDLE!!!

WOW WHAT A DEAL RIGHT!!!!
  16. Rekn Well-Known Player

REFER TO MY PREVIOUS AD -- YOU CAN NOW FLUSH IN A MORE ECONOMICAL DEAL IF YOU FOLLOW THE YELLO....

Expense is expense as long as you get your enjoyment from it.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

A lot of other MMO's actually have this model for most of their MP items. I play Tera and I don't buy anything cosmetic, because the things I want are in boxes that give you a "chance" at getting something.

Back in the day, I could afford to drop $100 on a Booster Bundle, to get what came in it. Which is something I wanted. The auras I usually just sold them anyways. I had OG plasmics 3x when it first came out and I sold them all. I do have a few auras I used on BB and odd alt, but I can care less for the Auras and now Materials.

Right now though, I can't afford it. I don't mind that they introduced materials, i just wish that it was also something in game that can be bought. Customization is what this game lacks, this is a new method, it shouldn't be the only one option.
  18. Nawtae Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. mikeluthor2nd Well-Known Player

That's a no brainier, it would make less money, what the MP needs is better stuff to buy, Swag bags are a good start but we need more of those, like a Kryptonian themed collection that adds bigger items than the current drops, like the Jor El statue, the crystal command console, better looking floors and better looking ice walls, and to top it all off Superman's ship.