Book of Oa/Parallax:Ultimate Light Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by dr strangeonline, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

They already confirmed this in the following thread

"All powersets will be able to take advantage of Advanced Mechanics' increased damage in non-Damage roles
    • This is specific to damage only, not power regen"
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...wers-and-balance-introducing-midrange.259915/

If your just talking about HL's Changes on test, there is none atm, so no patches.
    • Like x 1
  2. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

They don't have it up yet
    • Like x 1
  3. Benn 10 Committed Player

Thank you both, you have been most helpful.
    • Like x 1
  4. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Ur welcome bud and not worry , I'll inbox u the thread as soon as it live
  5. Benn 10 Committed Player

Thanks man.
    • Like x 1
  6. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

It's not up yet. here's a link to the overall agenda for the changes to powers for full, mid, and melee range + support role AM damage.

There have been some Dev post that elude to Light receiving the update next or soon. Its my understanding that part of GU 55 is on test and we'll see more to test soon.

I'm probably getting ahead of myself discussing something not on test yet but am hoping if we discuss it somewhat, more people will have eyes on test(and look for the right stuff).....

I'll post a link when I see stuff hit test.

Edited to include - sorry didn't check next page. Someone already answered. Thanks fellow Light users.
    • Like x 1
  7. Benn 10 Committed Player

No worries, thanks again bro.
    • Like x 1
  8. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

To be honest I miss old school hl. The speed and skill requirement was my favorite part of being hl. I doubt they will every give us a clip mechanic with out combos like celestial and rage but I'd love that. Than again there are powers with 2 fully separate AMs. This is just 2 varieties of the same AM lol.
    • Like x 1
  9. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I could see in the future once all the other AM's are updated and fixed to a good measure them coming back and working on the clipping AM.

It was intended to be an AM. That was their original intent. The damage after GU 36 just never got to the right balance. Its not on par at all currently.

I would like to see it get updated. It would be cool to have two seperate armories one for each AM. Each way of dealing damage would have its own pro's and cons.....

The speed thing isn't likely to change. I miss the faster animations as well but they adjusted all powers to match animation times.... It would be cool.

Thanks for the post. Hopefully they'll get to the point we're we can ask for them to update that mechanic too.....
    • Like x 1
  10. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

I'm still waiting so dam patiently ..... Still no word from the dead :(
    • Like x 1
  11. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Lol.... Ya I get the frustration. We'll see change in the future. They have shown in the past that they don't/won't comment until they have a plan set and are prepared to make the changes. At this point I'm unsure whether something else pushed us aside priority wise....
    I'll be waiting with ya!!!! Eventually that will get rewarded.
    • Like x 1
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

is there any good melee loadouts?

if so can anyone suggest any, and also its been awhile since I was HL so please dont abbreviate words lol

and kinda explain the rotation on how you'd use it ect
  13. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

It kinda depends on how close you can get to the target(s). Using the Combo AM is still the highest form of damage. The best at registering damage on the scorecard is CLAW>Lunging Swing>Boxing Gloves>Chainsaw>Claw. Because it's all AoE and is all burst damage so you'll get the most bang out of every hit. The down side would be if something gets controlled and your stuck a few taps from your next lunge(aside from being point blank melee).

Claw>Ram>Whip Thrash>Impact>Chainsaw>Ram is also good. It'll allow you to move to your targets more frequently ensuring hits. Down side is that Ram/Impact will deal Range level damage ; Whip Thrash dealing 4 smaller good ticks due to that and how they register damage you may get a little less output from adds dying early.

If you want flexibility Claw>Final Claw>Ram>Fan is pretty good. It can be done with the Range Loadout and give's you flexibility with position or if you need to back away for a little bit. Claw>Lunging Swing>Boxing Gloves>Impact>Grasping Hand>Fan>Claw can be used as well from the Range Loadout.

The main thing with Light's Combo AM is to try and stay in the combo's as long you can. If theirs someone around with a group crit chance/prec buff try to stand near them to gain the buff. We do our most potential damage if we can keep the AM active. That's a challenge at times with things controlling/interrupting us, mission objectives, pick ups etc.

I'd also suggest skipping PI set up if the adds are dying quickly. Once the AM is active we gain the same damage for situational buffs(like the PI or under 35% health). The PI will only increase the damage during the ramp up time. If the trash is dying quickly other powers will have hit their big hit before we get into our damage. The combo AM deals damage like an active DoT class. We deal smaller good ticks of damage over time by performing combo's(actively). The Range Combo's especially have their ticks of damage broken up. That's good for the hit counter(and high health/threat enemies) but can be a challenge when going up against other burst type AM's.

Suggested Loadout
    • Chompers or Spike Quake(PI set up/DoT), Claw, Robot Side Kick, Ram or Impact, Light Barrier, Strafing Run.
    If you have any questions feel free. The main thing will be to have a combo starter or two. Decide which cycle's you'll want to be able to utilize and where. I have two armories I switch through depending on the map and threat level. If you have that capability its an option.
  14. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

So Mental and Ice are going to be on test for the next update.... That doesn't rule out Light and according to their breakdown Light "should've" gone before those powers. However, It may be a time constraint thing or they may have other reasons for waiting. It may even be added to the test server for this update. Either way we'll have to continue to wait and we'll eventually see it improve.

On a side note adjustments are being made in PvP that will affect AM's, WM, and hold combo attacks. The damage will be brought in line and reduced. We'll also see power regen go away. Personally, I'm glad. It's going to make PvP more balanced and fun.
  15. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

Since the changes took away HLs speed I have been switching powers from time to time to find a new power that I liked. Most are slow or boring haha. I'd love for old school hl in a way. Thou I will admit that this is probably the closest we have come to having the dps balanced to each other in a long time. Or say that most are playable and competitive to each other with only a few being over the top op and only HL and electric being underwhelming. Electric of course being bottom tier. Figures my 2 favorite powers haha.

Now, I am glad to see some stick to hl. I would've stayed but trolling is my least preferred roll in the game lol. Hats off to all of you for sticking to it
    • Like x 1
  16. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

I can't take it anymore ..... I'm sick of all powers :( I want them to fix HL already :not enjoying the game at all
  17. SixSigma Well-Known Player

I'm with you bro... the only thing keeping me going is the new Omni Gear and the hope that HL will get a slight ninja upgrade.
    • Like x 1
  18. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I think this may be for the best. I'd rather they have a good focus on just HL since there is multiple things that need fixed. A) the Combo AM's overall damage and the ramp up time(active DoT stuff). B) The Clipping AM(doesn't deal AM level damage at all). Maybe they can fix this too. Multiple powers have two AM's and PvP is changing(Arena's) so I don't think that'll be an issue any longer. C) Slight adjustments to the controller role to make the support damage AM function well. That's my hope at least. I'd rather wait another month or so and see all of that fixed than just get "Increased damage for Construct Combo's" again.
  19. Roomba Dedicated Player

Hop on over to the Atomic forum and check out my posts and videos :D. It isn't HL, but it's fun and fast, and super jump clippy if you move around like me a lot during a fight.

Anyway, I'll go back to the shadows of the thread. Just thought I'd chime in, since I miss old school HL for the same reasons and have found a lot of fun to be had with Atomic so far.

#LongLiveRSF
  20. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Can u guys gusse when HL will be updated ? My money in March lol