Boo-tililty belt, is it worth using?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by fm0987, Oct 20, 2023.

1. fm0987 Committed Player

I finally got all the boos and the belt from drops (deleted multiple times in the past I'm sure). Is it actually worth using? I just assume it's not but idk. I guess maybe if you have a dedicated armory for it? I mean, the stats are way lower since it's item level 66.
    • Like x 1
  2. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It used to be. Our CR has gotten high enough now though to make them obsolete. They don't scale with CR the same way that regular pets do.
  3. fm0987 Committed Player

Did a few test parse now I need test without I guess. But yeah I didn't realize they don't scale with CR
  4. fm0987 Committed Player

Not sure how that would even work since orbital n supply drop have diff timer, other two trinkets are t3 pet and buff trinket.
  5. Emoney Dedicated Player

It's fun to use in duals. Watching people trying to fight off 4 boos cracks me up!
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You keep the Bootility Belt saved on one armory. Right before you get in combat you summon the Boos and then immediately switch to a normal armory with your regular utility belt. You do not keep the Bootility Belt equipped at all times, only before fights.
    • Like x 3
  7. fm0987 Committed Player

Yeah I saw OCs vid he mentions that, supposedly it's like the highest damage trinket. Thing about that though isn't there like a timer on switching in instances?
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You pop it and switch before you go in combat that way you don't have to worry about the timer. Walk in boss room > summon boos > switch to regular armory > start combat > finish combat > switch back to boos armory > rinse and repeat.
    • Like x 1
  9. fm0987 Committed Player

Ok yea makes sense. I have 3 armories on my main (range, melee, tank). I hardly use my melee spec so I'll probably overwrite it and mess with it later. Elite solo maybe. Curious to see how much of a difference it makes cus I can barely dps it without adding a shield or switching to tank role (either tank role in dps armory or just straight up tank). I had more armories but used em up on other characters, don't really plan to buy more lol
  10. fm0987 Committed Player

I guess u can use sidekick or henchman on my regular armory? T3 pet and boo share a cooldown I think?
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm not sure if the bootility belt itself shares the same cooldown with regular pets.
  12. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

The Boos do indeed share a cooldown with your pet, your henchmen can be used separately.
  13. Ryll Committed Player

I use it for alts I don't want to spend the SM for unlocking the upgrades we get from our lairs.
  14. fm0987 Committed Player

I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth the hassle, that little bit of extra damage from the boos and henchman barely makes a difference (tested in elite solo)
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This is the only time I still use mine. I still have it on one armory, but that armory is hardly used...probably should be replaced.

It is funny as heck though, but most people would call it 'cheating' as well, so meh.
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

When they went to the tiered pet system the boos mostly lost their relevancy. All four still do more damage than a tier 3 pet but now the difference is so small it’s really not worth one of your four armory slots. If we ever get the ability to have more than four armories accessible at a given time, that could change. Though I suppose if a toon is only one role you could justify the armory slot. But a dual role toon? I say no way.

Now for damage check feats like Perpetual relief, sure, it makes sense to go swap in a boo armory. But that’s about it.
  17. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Having a dedicated armory just for Boos doesn't seem worth it, but I often equip them during cutscenes before boss-fights, as well as some swap artifacts, like DKS, Mercy and/or Philosopher Stone and maybe some gear with SC mods, and activate an armory once I've deployed Boos/henchmen/supply/orbital/SC. If nothing else - it keeps me busy and helps me avoid frustration, when watching the same dumb cutscene for the umpteenth time.
  18. Miahztwin Committed Player

i can ensure you that if you invest in a boo armory. And use specific artifacts, you will double your damage output. Good luck
  19. fm0987 Committed Player

Too late I already scrapped em lol
    • Like x 1
  20. Miahztwin Committed Player

not too late friend. lol you still got 2 more weeks-ish