Bonus xp weekend

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sleepy Healer, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Right before the 200 increased. Well played devs
    • Like x 3
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Mepps stated that they wanted to be clear in advance about 200 coming with the next episode and that the next bonus XP weekend would be prior to the episode release. That way people couldn't say they were being shady about having people drop their stored XP for 160 ranks and then a week later 200 pop up out of nowhere.

People can now make the decision to spend or store knowing for a fact 200 is right around the corner.
    • Like x 6
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sounds fine to me. On the Premium accounts at least, my bank and inventory are bursting and there is only so much I can ship to bank toons. 200 will have to wait till the next double XP....in like a year or so.

Thanks for the advance notice too. Nice to see it a few days early vs the night before....not like that gives people a lot of time to save, but more advance notice is always good.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  4. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I like the early heads-up as well. I dont have as many stored as Reinheld, but at least I can work on my alts to level up their low level artifacts. I will wait for the 200 as well for my higher CR characters, since catalysts will be consolidated down to 3 types and account bound; no need to rush to get to 200.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Not only did Mepps already say that this would be happening, but it's become common that whenever there is a rank increase or new artifacts just around the corner they do a bonus XP weekend before the new stuff comes. Nothing new here. Purely from a business standpoint it's a smart business decision to drain reserves to increase sales the following week.
    • Like x 4
  6. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Ill skip my mains they are all set .My alts may be of use with this event .
    • Like x 1
  7. gemii Dedicated Player

dropping this before rank 200 was destined to happen. idc about that it just took forever to have another double xp weekend. We even saw a repeat in a bonus weekend that we had just recently had.
  8. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Im just happy that we are finally getting one. Like Reinheld, my banks are overflowing with Metal that I have been holding onto since the last XP weekend. The Nth Metal weekend before the new rank increase was expected regardless of them mentioning it or not. Like I said, my second main will finally hit his final 160 artifact. (At least until Rank 200 hits, then the game starts all over...)
  9. Jadzea Dax Well-Known Player

I was holding out hope that the developers wouldn't do this. Rank increase to 200. Give a huge middle finger to the players by account binding caches and lieing to us about the reasons. I dont know why I thought yall would have a little humility and give us the double weekend for the 200 release, as a half apology/half customer appreciation.

But alas, same old daybreak. Clear out your reserves and buy more for double xp. Then buy more and more for 200. Two artifact sale exploit in one week, and cache killer.

You can defend them bc its "expected" but never excuse their total lack of player appreciation. But hey, atleast we got a new tc....
  10. Proxystar #Perception

You were actually thinking it would be anything otherwise?

If you don't have any artifacts to level to 160 save your nth metal for later or the next double.

This timing was written on the wall month's ago tbh.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

O I personally dont care. I dont lvl artifacts outside a feat
    • Like x 1
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Now I just need to decide whether it's worth it to upgrade my Grimorium from 140 to 160. Or keep the metal until the 200 level is active. Already have Tetra/EoG/Soul/Solar Amp/Soder all at 160. So there's really nothing else I could use them for right now.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I would recommend moving the grim to 160, yes