Bonus Stabilizer Weekend! April 21-23, 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I'd say everyone who is old enough to spend money on this game is also old enough to do the math for themselves and decide if that's worth it for them. Besides, the replay costs aren't all that bad for members who have replays saved up from their membership.
  2. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Yea i know for some people complete instance is dream come true i guess you are one of those people .
    I like the way you thinking and how you make yours choices realy i do :) "You simply don't like choices" that is good one but i got better You simply dont like thinking .
    • Like x 1
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh sorry but I have to chime in here. Pay or stop play? Let's see I have bought a grand total of two, that's T W O, stabilizers the first day time capsules arrived just to check out and see what was inside. have not spent a dime on them since. I have not gone to the market and bought a single bit of Holiday cash for any event since that started that. I do sub so I get a certain number of replays monthly and occasionally buy more but i use them to get my alts added SP without grinding through some feats again and again and again.. I have never replayed a raid or alert once.

And yet somehow As of today I have a Cr 189 Troll/DPS, Cr 188 Troll/Dps, Cr 187 Troll/DPS and a Cr 187 Tank/DPS. By actually playing the game, not buying my way to so called success, I have managed to acquire the feats for styles and furniture for every holiday event and currently have 7 alts that all have the feats for having 12 pieces of Starro furniture and five of those only need a piece or two of the furniture for the feat for obtaining all available furniture. Oh and did i mention I also emailed duplicate furniture to alts and have like 17 that at least already have the feat for obtaining 5 or 6 pieces? Cant recall which that is right now and i am not in game.

In other words I'm not PAYING anything I don't have to or want to pay but some how have 4 alts all at end level waiting for the next DLC to emerge. So exactly what am I not allowed to play since I am not wasting hundreds of dollars on cash grabs?
    • Like x 1
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea exactly, like how have people not figured this out yet? People shouldn't be buying them at all. I've made tens of millions off of these TCs and haven't bought any.
    • Like x 1
  5. DC Urban Committed Player

People support this so they do more of it and I do not blame them one bit
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

As others have pointed out, the devs have said from the start that the reason the event costs 87 RBs to replay is because they don't actually want us to use RBs on it. They're unable to set specific instances to NOT be replayable because of something to do with their systems. It's either make all On Duty instances replayable or none of them. I know plenty of people that do use RBs on it from time to time, even though it costs a lot more to use RBs than it does to just buy the Stabilizers outright. Whether or not you use RBs is your choice, but I for one am happy to be able to get 6 Stabilizers instead of 1 this weekend that I'll be saving for the next batch of caps.
    • Like x 2
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They're all completely different games. I've played both Marvel Heroes and Skyforge on PC. Out of the two Skyforge was the one that held my attention the longest, and even that was only for a couple of months, and I still played DC at the same time. Different games have different audiences. I have no doubt that some of the DC community will, at the very least, try these two games when they're released on console, but other than that these two games are no more "DC killers" than any of the other countless games that people have claimed will "kill DCUO" for the past six years.
    • Like x 2
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

The Stabilizer event is not meant to be replayed, the possibility is just there because of tech issues :p
    • Like x 2
  9. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

People also have been preaching your exact arguments for six years now and yet the game is somehow still alive and well. It's quite hilarious.
    • Like x 2
  10. Incredible Level 30

I did not forget, I just did the math with out them. Why? its the same math. The reduction in price does not affect how many you recieve and its equal at 10%, using one example to show what has more value was easier. But for you.....

20 Stabilizers cost a Subscriber $17.1

Buying replays for $9 if you bought 700 for $18 you would only get.......16 stablilizers from the 8 extra runs you could do still. See

I appreciate the extra Stabilizers, but as a consumer I try to beware of where the best value is. The sole purpose of my post was to bring it to the attention of people who may not have taken the time to do the math.
  11. CrazyNite New Player

I was tempted to spend some replay badges but did the math and decided not to do it.

I was also discouraged by the fact that I couldn't farm for stabilizers on my other characters during the 5X stabilizer event and lootlocks for the stabilizer events would apply to them as well.

It would be nice if subbing members who play the game often could somehow have a way of farming for more stabilizers since we are already paying for the game.

(I didn't bother to read every post in this thread since there were a lot so forgive me if I sound like a broken record)
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

This began with the origin crisis if u date back that far and remember. Built the entire dlc around replays and rewards from drops to exploit replaying.

Dcuo keeps saying "we find X to be successful " while players we should not lose keep walking away. Now the saying is "time capsules are the most successful thing Dcuo has done."

Considering the huge quality of life improvements made to the game and how far performance has come AND let us not forget you can get the game now for free u have to wonder why XBOX is not thriving?

I only new of Dcuo in 2011 because I saw it at game stop. I saw no advertisements and to invest $60 and stay with a game that peperformed like that meant something was special

When you can't keep players who invest zero to try well I think something's not right and needs adjusted
    • Like x 2
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Lol. 1. Well? Thats debatable
    2. I never made any claim saying anything about the state of the game. That was you and the coral. You all got your feathers in a bunch at the mention of a game not named dcuo. We have 2 different views on how well this game is atm. Id take the version a few years ago and say it was well then. Now. Well imo not so much. Either way. Never said anything about that. Once again. Hilarious

Also as i said. Other arguments to your point were always games completely out of dcuos genre. Now, there are more direct competition coming to consoles as in mmorpgs. But relax everything is gravy right?
    • Like x 1
  14. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I decided to use the 2K plus loyalty points I had been collecting on stabilizers...Needless to say, I have an excess amount of exobytes and useless tactical mods. I will add that I did get the High-Density Tactical Head to drop (valued at $4.5M in-game).
  15. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I certainly don't believe that there's any type of technical glitch, I believe the point was for it to continue to be a cash cow. If players are able to run what's essentially a "duo event" at 12 replay badges, can you imagine the sales decline by that (even though I'm a heavy enthusiast for high volume lower priced sales)? By keeping it at 87 replay badges, you essentially force the player community to actually buy the keys instead of simply replaying it at a lower cost.

Either way, I'm completely biased against TC's period, especially since they have feats associated with them. I (put on my tin foil hat), truly believe that even with them giving us a "bonus" weekend, they probably decreased the drop rates even lower than normal. Funny how they can keep the wheel spinning on this TC nonsense.

/rant
    • Like x 1
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Replays also get you base items, which people forget to take into account. Just like the RNG of TC's, there's a chance to get a rare base item, most likely.

Whether it's worth it or not is up to the individual. Purchasing any Stabilizers is not worth it to me irregardless. Using replays to replay any content rather than transfer feats is not worth it to me either.

Getting something extra for free just for playing this weekend makes me happy. People complaining about the existence of Time Capsules makes way more sense to me than people complaining about getting bonus Fragments. Anything they do to encourage people logging on I think is a plus. I'm glad that they give promotions that don't hurt their bottom line, and encourage people to play. Not every promotion is a sinister plot designed to take people's money.

Sure, people might spend more. And, some people might have loyalty replays burning a hole in their pocket, since the event is the only new content that's come out in a while. That's up to them.

I don't see this promotion as a push to spend, I see it as an encouragement to log on.
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Hang on a second, they can't have their cake and eat it too. - this is exceptionally uncool on every level, yes it's a nice gesture to give people some free stabilizers and I'm sure the community at large certainly appreciate it. But parts of the way it's being communicated and sold are "exceptionally uncool" i'm just going to use that term to keep this more civilized.

This event should not be replayed - It should be taken for what it is "a nice free gesture"

However the way it's being communicated, not cool.

case in point.

August 23 - 2016
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-stabilizers-and-stabilizer-fragments.278447/

[IMG]

So in August 2016 they said they won't have the functionality to prevent replays but it is clear they "DO NOT" want us replaying the stabilizer event.

April 21 - 2017
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...s-stabilizer-weekend-april-21-23-2017.286083/

[IMG]

Suddenly it's being promoted that we "Replay the event" using replay badges - what happened to working on "disabling replays in the first place"?!?!?

That is not cool.

let's break down the basic math - what does $20 get you.

$20 - 750 replays
    Allowing you to reset the event instance - 750 / 87 = 8.62 (so 8 replays of the event) = 2 stabilizers per run = 16 stabilizers or if you spent your change on a stabilizer instead of 50 replays which you won't need that will give you 17 stabilizers.

$20 - 20 Stabilizers 1700DBC + 3 extras for 90DBC each = 23 Stabilizers.

The math is still in favor of buying stabilizers outright yet, to quote again.

They're actively encouraging people to use replays even though anyone with basic math skills can see that's not the most cost effective manner in which to purchase stabilizers.

That is not cool.

As the OP pointed out, if you want the most stabilizers for your money, then buy stabilizers outright.
    • Like x 12
  18. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

LOL, when all you can respond with is some sixth grade attempt to insult my skills as a player and my intelligence, I'm pretty sure you've lost your credibility.

For the record, I didn't say "you simply don't like choices." I said "You simply don't like the choices." those two things aren't remotely the same. One applies to your situation, and the other implies you don't like making choices at all.
    • Like x 1
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

16 keys for $18 or 20 keys for $17. Which is the better deal? ;):p Btw those #s have the discount included if ya didnt notice :p:)

And ive just read through this thread cause i had not seen past page 1 and wow at the twisting of words by people on both sides of this debate. Ridiculous. And the justification as usual. Telling others they are only seeing what they want to see while ignoring the issue yourself is...tbh i dont even have words to describe that. This isnt aimed at u mace, this last part is just general speak.

I think proxys post above^ shows the issue here and why people are speaking up about this topic. Imo its obvious why some have a problem with this and are speaking up. And if ya cant see it well then u are only seeing what u want to see :p
    • Like x 2
  20. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Better than nothing.

How about 5X bonus from the market place? How about fixing the horrible drop rate?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.