Bonus Stabilizer Weekend! April 21-23, 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saami Loyal Player

Thanks. I guess i just sell resets. I have plenty of RB left from previous bosster bundles and subscribe gifts.
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

All of you who supported time capsules,booster bundles & replays are ALL the reason this game is in the state its in. For 2 years me and others who saw this coming tried to warn you not to support this kind of business practice because we knew it would make the game full of cheap cash grabs and sub par content based on quick micro transactions but you all just ignored us,the devs deleted our comments and the cheer leaders cheered on while we watched the game be destroyed.

Me and many others have left what was once a great game with lots of potential be be even greater but you ruined it by supporting this crap and now theres no going back and this games days are numbered so enjoy the destruction YOU helped create and get ready for even more cash grab events and pay to win options. I am sure this comment will also magically disappear too because some people don't like to hear the truth and would rather just bury it.

Remember this ,I told you so :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

See the department that handles TC have been doing so good that the department that handles replays is in trouble. If it would have equaled out the the amount you can buy, it would not seem like they were trying to trick people into replaying.

Of course they don't tell anyone to replay anything, but some people, not me, like young kids mistake what they say. Confusing fragments with a made key, mentioning being able to reply knowing full well the pack on broker is cheaper.

Feels like they hired a dang car salesmen.
  4. Gimpy Loyal Player

[IMG]
  5. krytine Loyal Player

Cant people just say thanks and move on. Why look a gift borse in the mouth? Maybe they do realize they ripped us off some or maybe its i dont know a thank you from the devs to the players to show thank you for being a member and thanks for playing. Maybe no yes why b tch about something extra you get no matter how you are playing the game
    • Like x 5
  6. Gimpy Loyal Player

Well usually it isn't worth it but this weekend anyone subbing gets 2 stabilizers every time they run it.:rolleyes:

While that sounds great it isn't enough to get me subbed up again.

350rb cost a member 9 bucks and gets you 4.02 resets for 8 keys, 20 keys costs a member 17 bucks and change.

Yeah I can see where some people will replay it with those saved up RBs from being subbed and it still isn't getting me to use them :oops:
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

If your gonna pass up on this offer, that's your problem.

They are literally offering you a free stabilzer with no money.

Considering I haven't bought a single stabilizer I'm gonna take advantage of this offer.
    • Like x 4
  8. Gimpy Loyal Player

Considering subbing costs $14.99 this extra weekend (without using any RBs) will only net a LM 6 stabilizers.

So you're getting 5 extra which is ok and yes they are free but it's still not enough to get me to sub up.

I hope you enjoy your weekend either way.
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

hey I'm not spending a dime on Stabilizers.. But I'm also not ignoring the bonus. So yesterday I ran my 1 duo and instead of 6 fragments I got 30. That meant I built 2 stabilizers in about 1 minute and 30 odd seconds. (I forgot to see exactly how long it took.. no big deal).

The event runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday so by the time it ends I'll have acquired, AT NO COST, a total of 6 stabilizers. On a normal three day weekend at 6 fragments a day I'd have acquired 1 with 3 left over toward a second. Not exactly earth shattering but what the heck it isn't horrible either.

Now if they really wanted to impress me the Starro event is now into its third week. When will we get a "bonus" weekend on spores? And If and when we do let's try to announce it soon enough so I can take full advantage of the reset that occurs every Thursday and get extra spores on everything including the two weekly missions in the war zone and the raid 9since you can't replay the weekly content and the raid is only available once a week with using replays).

Pretty sure that eventually we will get one.. just wondering when.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Can is a suggestion. Should would be telling. If your an adult, you should be able to understand the difference.
    • Like x 8
  11. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Really? they forced you? how did they do that? I'm curious how the devs force you to manually take out your CC and purchase something voluntarily.

This community is hilariously bad at holding themselves accountable for any of their decisions. ALWAYS someone else's fault.
    • Like x 6
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Now Black remember we are dealing with a player base that has people that openly admit to spending Hundreds of real U.S. Dollars buying things like bonus pack because they desperately want the "special" aura that "may" drop. If Mepps said they "can" use replays to run it more than once a day.. those folks have credit cards in hand seeing just how much money they can spend.

I think my favorite was years ago I was on a team about to take on Raven in the Wastelands and the one guy was worried about what his wife would say when she got home and discovered he'd spent $120 to get a Plasma Aura. I could just imagine the screaming fight that guy was in for so he could GLOW a special way while he played the game. I got the feeling he could imagine it too which was why he was so nervous. LOL

Personally? hey I don't spend 89 replays to do raids more than once a week. Not about to waste that many to grab a few extra stabilizers. I'll just take my five free stabilizers and run.
  13. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

To be fair, now is also the only time that the stabilizer event came actually close to the same yield you can get on the MP. Sure, it's still a bit less efficient, but there are also lots of subscribers who have replays saved up and don't actually need to buy them for this in particular. As far as I am concerned, yeah it would still be stupid to buy replays just for this, but if you have replays already saved up the return of investment is pretty solid right now.
    I personally don't plan on paying anything for stabilizers in the forseeable future but I'm not going to blame people for investing now or the devs for promoting replayability of the event on this weekend.

Jackster broke down the door to my apartment and literally forced me at gunpoint to buy replay badges and stabilizers! I said I don't want to but he only laughed and made me buy a bunch of weapon respec tokens :(

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  14. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Lets be real here though. Since the stablizer event has existed, despite the company's several warnings that replaying it is less lucrative than just buying stabilizers, people have been resetting it anyway, on the regular.

If the community continues to do spend its money on something, despite everybody(including the devs) warning them their money would be better spent directly on stabilizers, should the community really be surprised that the company embraces another stream of revenue after players display the desire to do it, despite being warned that it costs more than just buying stabilizers?

You all seem to be acting like this is some kind of conspiracy they started way back last year with the first TC. Get a grip on reality.

A cost prohibitive charge was placed on the stabilizer duo, and people continued to pay that cost anyway, consistently, for months. and now somehow, after the community said "we don't care what you said about the costs, we're gonna do it anyway" the company says, well then, we might as well try and make some revenue off those players" because that's what any decent business would do.

This constant idea that the game is out to screw its players all the time is stupid.

Look at the context. look at what's going on in game every day ANYWAY. I have personally easily made 40 - 50 million resetting the event over the last 8 months.

DBG did more than it needed to by telling us right from the get go that resetting was less effective for getting stabilizers than just buying stabilizers, and people continued to buy it anyway. so now they're taking advantage of that, because the player community has had its opportunity to learn what they're wasting, and they ignore it.

I also love how this community spend half of its time writing about how nothing is ever set in stone with changes to the game and what's possible, but the minute the developers change their opinion about something in game it's "YOU SAID THEY WERENT SUPPOSED TO REPLAY, AND NOW YOURE PUSHING REPLAYS!" so the Devs have to be static in their positions unless the community wants them to change it, in which case they need to be flexible and listen to the players.

And the comunity wonders why they rarely get listened to.

you weren't lied to. The reality is that people reset it all the time, special event or not. I see no problem with DBG learning from that and changing its position to take advantage of it to make revenue.
    • Like x 1
  15. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Pay or stop play thats how all pay to win system works ( kind a funy what choise do we have )and if you blame me for that i wish you a Merry Christmas and Hahahapy New Year !!!
  16. Gimpy Loyal Player

I'm betting those who have multiple premium accounts are taking advantage of those extra 4.
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Subbing or Membership is another topic entirely, Hence why I didn't mention it.

I've been Premium myself and I don't see the need for subbing either.
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Um, if you read my post, you'd see that you basically repeated everything I just said. Just fyi.
  19. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

So "pay, or accept the consequences of not paying(getting what you want)" somehow means you have no choice. You absolutely have a choice. You simply don't like the choices. That's still on you. Nobody's forcing you to do anything except to accept the consequences of your choice.

Get back to me when not purchasing something in this game actually keeps you from being able to progress and complete any instance/mission/alert/etc.

Then maybe this mythical situation where you're being forced to actually pay to complete content might have some relevance.
  20. Backblock Well-Known Player

No need to harshly critique the obvious replay trap.
    Its nothing too bad, if people choose to replay the event because they have an excess of replays, then its on them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.