Bonus Source Marks Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cravex15 Dedicated Player

So far so good with this new source mark currency. Already have almost 1000 on my first day. I was shocked but I have been saving every kind of currency for like 8 years now. Everything from Marks of Victory to Marks of Triumph to Marks for War, Tactic, Conquest, Strategy, Momentum, Lore, Distinction, Reality, Valor, I even had some Influence left over, everything. All adding up to almost 1k of Source Mark already. Pretty cool. I will miss all that currency though. They were like mementos from all my years of playing. I would always at least keep one mark of something if I could. Like a trophy case. Oh well.
    I should have took a screenshot. ='(
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Same here, was hoping it was just the MoV that were being converted, guess they really don't have the resources to keep the old Marks (we kinda already had a hint of that with the whole OPA free styles)
    • Like x 1
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What Reinhold said: obviously it did need to be explained
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Thanks DarkVeezer.

ReinhEld
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oops, was going by memory, which doesn't always work for me :(
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If anyone wants to rewrite this in some way that is more direct, clear, and exact, I will be happy to use that language next time.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This weekend – from Thursday, May 2, 2019, through Sunday, May 5, 2019 – all players will receive DOUBLE Source Marks when completing On-Duty, relevant content across the entire game (Vault and open world missions not included). That's right, the entire game. All episodes. If it's a relevant instance that awards Source Marks, you will get 2x this weekend.

Too much?

I know you've referenced 'on-duty' before, to me that is clearer than 'instanced'. If you are not getting to the mission through On-duty...no 2x...period. If you are not relevant....no 2x. Including the 'open world missions not included' just solidifies the definition for the understanding impaired (like me). I guess you can drop off the bit about the vault not being included....but that should be minor.

EDIT: Added 2nd 'relevant' for those with selective reading. Also removed 'everywhere' as that might lead some to disregard the 'open world not included' and think "Hey....Open world is 'everywhere'".

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  8. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

"From - Thursday, May, 2019, through Sunday, May 5, 2019 - all players will receive DOUBLE Source Marks when completing instanced, relevant content across the entire game." Just that alone. I was skimming through the usual fluff and my eyes jumped to the last bit with "All episodes. Everywhere. If it's an instance that awards Source Marks, you will get 2x this weekend." Reading that sentence alone, knowing that all content t1/t2+ awards source marks technically, I thought it would basically be you guys removing cr relevancy for a weekend for the source mark conversion to be easier. I was hyped to think that we could actually run every single thing on the on-duty menu and get something I could use guaranteed and I could farm as much as I wanted. But the sentence I looked at one was missing the word "relevant" which is arguably the most important piece of information. Either you need to remove the emphasis afterward or to re-state that detail and have it say "If it's a relevant instance that awards Source Marks, you will get 2x this weekend."
    • Like x 1
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

"This week - Thursday, May 2, 2019, Sunday, May 5, 2019 - All players are after finishing and after the issue of the original account. The whole game is an example in all these diseases, maybe twice a week."

So maybe translating it to Haitian Creole, Scots Gaelic, Urdu, and a few more, then back lost a little something.
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What, no Klingon or Pirate dialect?
  11. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

But if we don't have the vendor to spend them on....
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Dude. My point was that THAT SENTENCE was misleading.

That other sentences were clear does not obviate this in the slightest. I never claimed that one couldn't discern the facts by reading the entire post; my point was that that single sentence, without context, is misleading. Pointing out that I'm taking it out of context is redundant, because I'm telling you that I'm taking it out of context. I'm pointing out the flaw in the sentence, not a flaw in the overall post's point. When we critique writing, we do get to discuss individual words and sentences; that a point is clarified elsewhere does not change the critique of the sentence.

When we're professional writers writing to communicate clearly, unclear sentences matter. It's called "close reading," not "selective reading." All sentences need to be clear, not just some of them. "It's okay that this sentence is wrong if read literally" is not actually a principle of good writing.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And I'm saying it was not....Now, you may have been mislead, but that might be a bit on you maybe?
    If it's an instance that awards Source Marks, you will get 2x this weekend.
    Non relevant does NOT reward source marks....so even though it does NOT specifically say 'relevant' in this 1 sentence you are focusing on, it does not matter. Could it be written more verbose...sure, and I made a suggestion as such, but if your CR is 263, TT/DD or lower content does NOT reward source marks...it's right in the Raid/Alert/Duo description. "CR < 262 Source marks and Loot items....CR > 262 Loot items only"

Honestly I'd say the word 'Everywhere' on it's own is much more misleading....it was the word that made me ask about being 'on duty' only just to verify what I was already 99% sure of.

Kind of like this...."My favorite days of the week all end in 'Y'". Now I did not say that all days of the week would be my favorite days, but as all days of the week end in 'Y' it's implied.

BTW....I did not see your suggestion on how to re-word it so there can be NO misunderstandings. You seem to be well written in most cases....why not make a constructive suggestion?

Not trying to escalate things.....I'll leave it from here on out.

Reinheld
  14. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

This thread is just unbelievable. I don't have a PHD or anything, but I understood very clearly that for relevant content (JLD for me) any of the instances (Which I took to be raids, alerts, duos, etc) I would get double source marks.
    Was this really that hard to understand? Or do you people just really enjoy nitpicking.
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yes, yes it is that hard for some people to understand. For some people who deliberately look for things to take out of context
  16. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

I would add that I have a 207 CR character trying to do the big weekly 8 marks mission (E3 - 303, Justice, etc..) the counter for kills is not working and thus you can not complete the mission. I assume this is a update related problem. Maybe someone could look into that before next Thursday's reset?

Since I am mostly a solo player who joins in on open world teams. This marks bonus gives me nothing.
  17. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

this should be the normal amount drop now since after 262 we are so limited on marks an need thousands for the old stuff that didnt drop in price
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.