Bonus Source Marks Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

BONUS SOURCE MARKS WEEKEND!

Source Marks are the new hotness, replacing Marks of Victory and episode-specific currencies for episodes 27-31. Yes, all of your existing currency has been converted 1:1, but everyone can always use more! Get a head start on your Source Marks adventure with with DOUBLED rewards this weekend.

This weekend – from Thursday, May 2, 2019, through Sunday, May 5, 2019 – all players will receive DOUBLE Source Marks when completing instanced, relevant content across the entire game. That's right, the entire game. All episodes. Everywhere. If it's an instance that awards Source Marks, you will get 2x this weekend.

Source Marks are primarily used for unlocking vendor gear (through Episode 31).

PLEASE NOTE: The bonus weekend will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts, and will last through Sunday to daily server restarts on Monday morning.
    • Like x 9
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

By 'instance' I take that it does not include open world....or does it?

Either way...
    SUPER GREAT!!!
    2x anything is always appreciated.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  3. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

CR relevancy needs to go. There is no incentive for endgame players to go and play old content.
    • Like x 12
  4. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

Um...super great?
  5. Tygerfyre Committed Player

On past bonus weekend, that is what it has meant. Instanced means exactly that: instances you queue up for from the Alerts screen.

They do sometimes do double marks in open world when it is one specific episode that is being doubled. Usually when it is across the whole game, or even when it is multiple episodes, they don't.
    • Like x 1
  6. NewSuperman New Player

This sounds great, I just hope this whole currency change thing doesn't tank older episode activity.
    I'm cautiously optimistic.
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

It would be much more exciting and worth going out of my way for if you removed CR relevancy for the weekend as well. I understand relevancy needing to remain to keep players from amassing to many source marks over the course of a few weeks/months but one weekend surely can't hurt. I mean if there was no CR relevancy this weekend, I would be running raids galore that I haven't touched in years for the extra marks.
    • Like x 4
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

On duty content only, not open world.
    • Like x 1
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I prefer 2x something. 2x nothing is actually not so much of a pleasing reward.

I was going to point out that "If it's an instance that awards Source Marks, you will get 2x this weekend" is not a true statement, that the accurate version would be "if it's an instance that is in CR relevancy for your character and awards Source Marks, you will get 2x this weekend," but then I realized that it is true after all.

We now get zero Source Marks from almost everything in the game. But, yeah, twice nothing is still nothing, so it's true enough that all instances reward us at least twice nothing (2x0).

Woo. Hoo. Who doesn't like as much nothing as possible!?!

I only hope that next month we can get 5x No Marks. Wow, wouldn't that be something?

Hell, Daybreak should go crazy and give us ten times no Marks. Twenty times no marks. There's no end to how great a reward you can get by multiplying something by zero. The possibilities are infinite.
    • Like x 3
  10. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

False. Feats, base/loot/style drops.
    • Like x 4
  11. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  12. August Moon Well-Known Player

maybe ... just maybe... they dont want you in older content to give the little guys a chance of immersion to capture that wonderment you one had for the game. i could be wrong though
    • Like x 3
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well...he did say
    "all players will receive DOUBLE Source Marks when completing instanced, relevant content across the entire game."

So yeah....relevant only.

Now if you wanted to complain about the fact that they could have done this last week on an 'all currency' basis so we could have a lost stock up weekend, fine....but it is what it is. We'll get double marks where we get marks...and yeah, we'll get double nothing where we get nothing. Math isn't that hard. Personally I've got a few alt's all dust off in the higher MoV/Source ranges and will grind out a bit of marks for cat caches there. On my end game guys I'll run the same stuff I run anyway....so yeah...double of what I was going to get single for is better...again, math isn't that hard.

BTW...I'm not a fan of 94 and the currency change, but I do still get marks in some stuff, and will run that. As for running non relevant stuff, I doubt I'll do that very much...ever again, because you are right, double...triple or quaduple nothing is still nothing.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Quote: "If it's an instance that awards Source Marks, you will get 2x this weekend."

That's the sentence I referred to. It's not news that Mepps also wrote other sentences. My point was in regard to what this sentence said, not what other sentences said. I really didn't think this needed explaining, but I hope we're all clear now.
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Depressingly, this discussion all seems terribly moot after I've now spent a couple of hours trying to play the game today, but repeatedly been unable to do so because the program crashes and throws me out of the game. Over and over again.

There's not much point in debating the pros and cons of changes in a game that is literally no longer playable more than at random unpredictable moments for unpredictable lengths of time that may be as short as under a second.

I'm actually kind of amazed that DCUO would roll out a new GU while the entire damn game doesn't work and literally consistently throws us out of the game.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So you are using selective reading...ok. Crystal clear though. Don't read the whole thing...only the part that serves your purposes.

Are you a politician?

BTW...non-relevant content does NOT reward source marks...so even your quote is talking about relevant content...it just didn't spell it out...the meaning was still the same.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  18. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Yeah, thank you!
  19. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

Wrong not many people actw run old stuff unless it has value

We have feats from the old stuff so feats are not needed unfortunately
    • Like x 1
  20. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

Not many if any at all actually run old stuff...its going to be even harder to get people to run it now since there is no reward most if not all top teir players has feats from past content and most dnt care for base building...I have a character that I can't lol up cause nobody wants to run that lvl cr content...now with. O rewards I guess u will lost more players
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.