Bonus Source Marks Week

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Pr0tojay Committed Player

This game is completely different than back in the day when there were no bonuses, so pretty pointless to compare the two. Bonuses are almost necessary at this point with so much content in the game. For new players all this stuff can seem overwhelming. I'm sure this is part of the reason why the devs introduced a CR skip option.

Yes, I'm sure you could care less about bonus weeks because from what you've written, it seems like you've played this game 10 years. Congratulations, but bonus weeks are technically not made for people like you. It's made for the population that are trying to keep up. I also have played off and on for about 10 years, but I am not selfish. I think the bonuses are absolutely necessary for those that have not played as long as me.
  2. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Thanks for taking one sentence out of the context and dissecting me for it, it's very nice of you :)

No, I still don't think bonuses are necessary, the game is playable just fine without them. It's just a cherry on top, an incentive.

I'm perfectly aware that not everything is for everyone. In fact, it's good because it allows folks some breathing room and to take a break without feeling forced. Variety is healthy. If some bonus or gift isn't particularly useful to someone, they can simply skip it.
    Yet most just have to make it about themselves, y'know? Going on the public forums, or anywhere else, to trashtalk the devs and the game for not giving them what they wanted.
    It's okay to wish for something. I don't believe it's okay to be so entitled.

"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." My point remains, the whole playerbase should be more appreciative of what we're all getting.
    I doubt new players, or any decent people in general, would demand only specific bonuses and spit on the rest (with emphasis on the latter). But that's just my opinion. I hope you understand. :)

And no, I have not played this game for 10 years straight. I'm not sure there's anyone who has :D
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

Couldn't have said it better myself
    • Like x 1
  4. Pr0tojay Committed Player

I don't believe I took anything out of context, but if you say so. You said you didn't care for bonus weeks and you're basically still saying the same exact thing. My point still stands.

You know it's funny that it's usually the same types of individuals calling people entitled over and over again on the forums. It's always the same 600+-700+ sp people who have been playing the game for years that keep calling people entitled. I also have 600+ sp and have been playing this game for a long time, yet you will never see me call someone entitled in this game.

Everyone deserves to voice their opinion as long as it's not in a disrespectful way, and just because they're asking for a bonus week to come out it shouldn't mean they're entitled. I personally think double arts week should be necessary at least 3 times a year. Some of the other bonus weeks maybe not, but double arts is the one that needs to be permanent imo. I personally want double arts to come out, but not at least for another 2 months. I wouldn't complain if it came sooner though.

Oh, and I never specifically said you played this game for 10 years "straight". That's selective reading at its finest for you. Heck, I even referred to myself as playing the game off and on for 10 years as well just 2 sentences after (I took a few years off).
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s funny that every time a bonus is announced people always complain. I wouldn’t be mad if they just got rid of bonuses all together. This is probably the most entitled community I’ve ever met so I wouldn’t be surprised if the devs got tired and just ended them. Couple things thou.

No, bonuses are not necessary. The devs have already streamlined things so much that they aren’t needed.

All bonuses have uses. Just because you personally don’t see a use for them doesn’t mean they are pointless and they should add something you personally want. I personally don’t need any more source marks but hey more is better so I’ll enjoy it for what it’s worth.

No one is forcing us to play. If they do a bounty we don’t need than we can always enjoy doing other things in the game or even play other games.

And finally, players need to take advantage of all the bonuses. They all play a role into different areas. Arts take up a lot of catalyst. Use the double SMs to build up an inventory of catalyst for when they do finally drop. If they don’t drop it soon then continue to use that time between double arts to build up an even larger reserves of Nth metal. The more time that passes between arts the more nth you save up to use when one actually drops.
    • Like x 6
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

well, I, for one, have had a cracking time, this week. got the alts out & snagged a whole bunch of old styles & auras, whacked 'em on the broker, mini ker-ching. job's a good 'un. much thankee, devs. much thankee, indeed.
    • Like x 2
  7. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

This is exactly what I've been doing. Normally I get stacks and stacks of Nth that I can't use, because all my arts are stuck waiting for catalysts to breakthrough. Now I'm using the extra SM to stock up on catalysts, some of which I've used to breakthrough, and the rest are waiting until I save up some more Nth.
  8. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

If you have a lot of spare Nth Metal and not enough catalysts and seals to use it all during double XP week, here's what you can do:
    - make sure the artifact you want to rank up is almost at a breakthrough and leave it at that for now
    - get some empty artifacts (doesn't matter what they are, although I'm not sure about Bottled City Soder, since it probably has a lower XP cap)
    - feed Nth Metal (for double XP) into them, farming crits, until you are almost at a breakthrough
    - feed up to 5 stacks of Nth Metal at once (for double XP) into each of those arts and don't break through any further; if you're using only full stacks of Raw Nth Metal, they will now each be worth around 100k XP each
    - now you can feed up to 5 of those artifacts at once into the artifact you want to rank up. Because of double XP bonus you won't lose any of that XP, as you would normally when feeding arts into other arts outside of bonus XP week. Basically ( if using only Raw Nth Metal) you can feed 500k XP into your target artifact at once, rather than only 100k. Much more if you're using Refined Metal. Make sure all that XP doesn't exceed the amount needed to reach desired rank (1678722 for rank 200, you can use Artifact XP Calculator — DCUO Source Wall if you want it at a lower rank)
    - this way you lose the ability to farm crits on a lot of your Nth Metal, but you get double XP on all of it, which is much more than what you'd get if you farmed crits outside of double XP week. Later, when you get catalysts and seals you can perform breakthroughs at your leisure.
    • Like x 1
  9. Elceetu New Player

Lol all of complain smdh look at what the topic is lol again this is all opinions and you all go back and forth becoming toxic with your responses how about this: Complaing is human responding to complaints are human liking or not liking the response is also human I’m just chiming in because at the end of the day they get paid or don’t lol no matter what you or I think. Seriously unless you something good to say or productive let ‘em live PEACE
  10. Elceetu New Player

Smh this ONE of the Best games I’ve played (IMO ONLY) and from what I’ve learned in my life is the phrase “Me thinks she Protests too much” is so fricking REAL! Lol you complain because you Hate Love Need Want, Which one are you all? Me personally I’m split even all across the board. Lol