Bonus Marks of Victory Weekend! 11/29-12/2, 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Bonus Marks of Victory Weekend!

Ready to move on to that next tier? Have your eye on that special piece of gear? Let's go!

This weekend – from Thursday, November 29, 2018, through Sunday, December 2, 2018 – all players will receive DOUBLE Marks of Victory when completing instanced, relevant content across the entire game. That's right, the entire game. All episodes. Everywhere. If it's an instance in the On Duty menu that's not the vault and is relevant to your combat rating, you will get 2x this weekend.

Marks of Victory are primarily used for unlocking vendor gear (increasing combat rating), prior to Episode 27.

PLEASE NOTE: The bonus weekend will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts, and will last through Sunday to daily server restarts on Monday morning.
    • Like x 9
  2. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

So 2 Marks drop in the Vault???
    • Like x 2
  3. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Post Episode 27, I tend to use them for base upgrades and catalysts from Constantine. Are there any other good mark sinks for MoV at this point?
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

.....uhhh, thanks? :confused:
    • Like x 2
  5. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Not really, it would just be finishing styles, buying catalysts or upkeep on mainframe

Wish we could buy other stuff with MoV
    • Like x 2
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

uh i guess more catalyst caches ...
    • Like x 1
  7. Isif Committed Player

Catalysts are a great Marks sink. I look forward to it. Complaining is just the way some people roll.
    • Like x 8
  8. TormentedElite New Player

So other than the seasonal dropping an absolutely useless event? K
  9. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I don't mind using my MoV for catalysts, got too many alts, so stocking up on catalysts helps :)
    • Like x 2
  10. Eve YouTuber

Sweet!
  11. myandria Item Storage

I agree and I will also use those bonus marks for the general base item packs; some of my alts have bases that are lacking in decorations. I am going to purchase extra augments for my main characters, in case I change my mind about their set up. Oooh.. I should stock up on some artifacts to for the same reason. Well, time to plan my week-end!

Question: Will those marks count if you play an instance that is below your CR level that rewards marks?
    • Like x 2
  12. Abel Well-Known Player

In regards to your question, as others have stated you can use MOV for..... Catalyst Cache, Mainframe Rent, older gear and Weapon styles, lastly buy gear from older vendors in Tech Wing and salvage them for Exobytes to fortify augments.
  13. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Oh yeah I forgot about those base item boxes, I usually will buy those too when I'm not low on catalysts
    Been decorating my alts bases too, some just require seasonal ones :)
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Nice! I actually need to start hoarding more Catalyst for my 160 Artifacts I plan on amassing during the next double XP weekend :). This will alleviate that grind a little.
  15. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Content must be relevant to you. It must award marks in the first place for them to be doubled.
    • Like x 4
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Is the Vault not relevant to all? It awards marks, and it's an instance. It may not be considered an "instance," but I don't see how members are supposed to automatically know that.

Hardly a big deal, but it does seem an exclusion that nevertheless meets the description. Perhaps a direct disclaimer regarding the Vault might be warranted in future, for the sake of clarity and preempting these exchanges. Even if you say to yourselves that it's for the particularly stupid members of the forums. ;)

Also, "It must award marks in the first place for them to be doubled" doesn't by itself communicate that the Marks of Victory given to us as rewards when we choose them somehow don't count as marks given in an instance. "Instances must be within your content-relevant set of levels" may be perfectly accurate, but it's certainly not clarified by "it must award marks" when what we're talking about are instances that give us a Mark. That they give us marks is the point of the inquiry in the first place. You may not think so, but, again, players are not mind-readers as to how the devs use particular words as terms of art. We just use ordinary English, and in ordinary English, all instances give at least one Mark of Victory (if we select it), which is a point we were told over and over again when we complained that we should get better rewards. "But you get a Mark of Victory!" in one context is difficult to then change to "oh, but we don't count THOSE Marks!" without causing confusion.

Just some thoughts on clarity.
    • Like x 1
  18. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Meh.

Days of using replays to get more MoV's are gone. Hope you guys weren't expecting people to actually replay for MoV's.
  19. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

20. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

It looks like you missed a....

[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.