Bonus Empyrean Aether!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

Regarding the first question (i.e.: "1. Will items on vendors that require aether eventually become available for Source Marks after two more episodes...?") I would strongly suggest to keep the secondary (Aether) currency longer - maybe even keep it indefinitely.

That way for that particular DLC people will have reason to go back in the future and help out to fight the bosses, even if they have no longer "relevancy" for Wonderverse.

We have already seen a drastical reduction of open world visitors in old DLCs since the abolition of Special Currencies . How should new players be able to fight bosses in the future if Wonderverse turns into a ghost town like let's say Earth 3 or Typhon's Monster Attack Area?

Greetings
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Have you thought about adding OP catalysts? Between the alert being out of action for 3 weeks, having only one raid and catalysts only dropping from final bosses now, I’m struggling to get enough for even the first breakthrough, let alone the second and third.
    • Like x 1
  3. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

The bounties go to 100!!!! So to max you've got to do 500 bounties, as opposed to the max of 50 for C-bot last ep (pretty sure Titanic Trenton didn't have a counting Feat). What a massive, massive time waste. Yes I know I don't have to do them. And I'm not. Frankly I'd rather just have two bosses maxing at 50 each. Especially since these new bounties waste so much time by their structure (30 minutes to do all 5). This is really just unpleasant to play.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Worse than that, because the phases are time synced, you can't phase hop (even if the phases are not full) so you are a locked into the 30 min rotation to get any of the one bounties per cycle, maybe more on Hydra (although he stops at 50), as not every cycle will have Hydra if another bounty is missed. With the 50x calc bot, you had the chance of killing one, then phasing to another phase and catching one mid way, reducing the time per kill.

Yes...it's stupid excessive(and 0 fun) and I hope the only time they implement this design. The only 'good' thing is the fact you are not loot locked and can keep collecting Aether, HOWEVER, the only reason that's good is because they artificially inflated the Aether pricing. If things were not so stupid expensive, you wouldn't need the Aethers. Premiums, for example, only have the gear set to buy, so they are out of need for Aether after around 800 or so. Past that all it's worth is re-buying a piece to donate to your league....or just cap 999 for the other 70-80 runs...deleting the useless base items along the way of course.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The one saving grace for those other areas is once you are sufficiently strong, you can duo or solo many of those open world bosses. People can already solo ManBat and I've heard Nth Golem too...I'd guess SYN, calc and Meta are not far behind. Of course the built in 4 min timer makes that unlikely here...yep, this one was really well thought out to make sure we HAVE to do what everyone is doing right now....or be screwed later. And I don't care what they say about scaling the fight, if one or 2 of a 4 man group go down and have to rally, you eat up a good portion of that timer. I'd honestly say that once the DLC is 3 or 4 old they'd have to remove the timers (as we'd be down to 1 phase most likely anyway...so no need for 'syncing' them) and just have the bosses come out in succession with a 1 min gap between. A) that will make it possible to get through them faster once the DLC is 'dead' and make it possible for a small group to take longer than 3 or 4 min to take one of the bosses down.
  6. Minotaur38 Active Player

I want a refund for this month. My game is crashing, all the time. I got 500 download, 50 upload, and I run an ethernet cord. I've had the game crash 2-3 times/day, and at very inconvenient times. I've lost several Patchwork instances with no credit, no source marks, and no splintered coins. This game is running like garbage. I deserve a refund on this month!!!!!!
  7. Minotaur38 Active Player

Also, my extra slots to carry my trinket, and hecnchman, etc...Has been locked for 3 days, and I'm a member. I want a refund devs!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Earth742 Well-Known Player

i tried finding groups to run with, and had no luck. No runs = No Aether. No Bonus.
    Zero Chars completing runs, because no groups whenever i am on, no-one responding to Chat...
    Zero.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What server are you on?
  10. Earth742 Well-Known Player

U.S. PC/PS
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I find that hard to believe because LFG chat has been non stop popping with people building/looking for groups.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

As of 10:30 AM EST it's still popping.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

When was the alert down for 3 weeks? Been running it multiple times a day since launch.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It was borderline unplayable on Playstation.
    • Like x 1
  15. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Yup. Since the episode started the lfg chat has been a nonstop flow of "inv bounties"
  16. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I am Playstation. Are you just talking the screen glitch in Atlantis? You just had to zoom the camera in to make it go away.
  17. Earth742 Well-Known Player

The Good News: When i finally got on to play late last night, i was able to join groups and complete Bounties, getting my Empyrean Aether. Finally!
    The Bad News: When i got Knocked Out, i would have glitched controls & movement when i respawned. Logging out & back in fixed it, but it was inconvenient. i also had the problem of my LFG Chat Tab disappearing when i logged out. How can i add a new Chat Tab permanently?
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Options>Settings>Chat Options>Add New Tab
    Give it a name, for example 'LFG'.
    Scroll down to your new tab>Edit
    Select/deselect the channels you want to see in this tab. I use the main group building channels: Shout, Tell, Group, League, and Looking For Group.
    • Like x 2
  19. Earth742 Well-Known Player

For some reason, it didn't stick the first 2 time, lasting only until i logged out. Third time was the charm, it seems.