Bonus currency weekend announcement?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Johnny DCUO, Dec 26, 2019.

1. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yes, there are missions in both JLD and Metal Part 1 that are similar to those in the current DLC. Beat up X targets, or retrieve Y objectives, or beat up an open world boss, that sort of thing, Some of the weekly missions can be done in an hour or less (I'm looking at you, "close 82 rifts to the dark multiverse"), and are an easy eight marks (sixteen this weekend, of course).
    • Like x 2
  2. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

The DBG office is closed for the holiday, but they did send a tweet out this morning, and it's listed in the upcoming events.
  3. Solarbound Committed Player

I mean, considering this weekend's bonus marks are for content no one exactly runs often anymore, was it really worth an announcement? The DEVS knew what bonus marks we truly wanted. Yet, they still left us hanging for the holidays. That's fine, I guess. Enjoy running your alts, everyone. Happy Holidays -_-
    • Like x 2
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

the short answer is yes, the longer answer is "you'll need to have a high enough CR to access the content", but if you do? There's actually a lot of neat style stuff on the vendors, plus plenty of boxes to chew up into Exobytes for augment food.
    • Like x 1
  5. Akaiko Well-Known Player

JLD has the same type of "get all artifacts" feat. Metal Part 1 did not give artifacts so it doesn't have that.

Unlike Metal Part 2, you do have to complete things before you get access to the open world missions. In JLD, it's a simple quick quest of Constantine's whereas in Metal Part 1 you need to complete the solo & an extra mission before you get access.

JLD has 3 simple missions. So does Metal Part 1.

JLD also has 3 weekly boss missions and a single "gather 54" objects mission. Just know that for the Shogg weekly boss mission that you need to kill the spawning demons on the circles that aren't colored to start--which is best done with a tank to pull. The power that Shogg will have depends on the color of the demons killed. Off the top of my head, I remember fire, ice, electricity, and I think poison. There might be another. There's a feat for getting all 4/5(?) different Shogg fights based on Shogg's power. The Golem boss mission contains "random" special drops.

Metal Part 1 has 2 weekly boss missions, 1 "kill 218 metals" mission, and a single "gather 82" mission. Make sure you have a good group for the Manbat boss mission as players tend to go down a lot in part due to the adds that spawn during the fight. I believe the Manbat boss mission also contains "random" special drops.

The alerts/raids are just a matter of knowing the mechanics and having enough communication to avoid frustration. You will have problems if people in your group are ignoring the mechanics. You might possibly survive if your stats are high enough in some situations, but others it really won't matter--not following mechanics will guarantee wipes regardless of stats.

It should be easy enough to get to open world missions. The duo (JLD) isn't too time consuming. The solo (Metal Part 1) will be a little less time consuming once you realize what adds you can skip (kill them all the first time for the feat) & figure out the puzzle. Whether you should go for the alerts/raids depends on the time you have available and who you know in game. If you get a good/great group, they're not bad to get done (though I warn that Shattered Gotham removes your movement ability completely--which some people didn't like--I'm in that group--and avoided that raid after running it once or twice). If you end up in a bad group or those who ignore the mechanics too much, then you'll be wasting a lot of time running up a repair bill.
    • Like x 1
  6. mrcheap Well-Known Player

Incredible answers and much appreciated. What I didn't realise was that these "double reward" episodes would be so high level. It seems to me that they are CR 253 for JLD and 264 for Metal I. As a CR113 is there anything that I can do that is level scaled or is this event simply not for peasants like me?
  7. Akaiko Well-Known Player

Sorry, you won't be able to participate then as you must have the minimum CR as you just posted (and Kimone mentioned in the post above mine). All content is based on a minimum CR to access unfortunately. The CR you have will allow you into the event mode of the latest DLC (and whichever DLCs were around CR 113--I think that's with the some of the Wonder Woman & Latern Corps' DLCs).