Bonus Catalyst Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

BONUS CATALYST WEEKEND!

This weekend is all about catalysts - for both Artifacts AND Augments. Find what you need to advance your items across our most recent episodes.

This weekend – from Thursday, January 23, 2020, through Sunday, January 26, 2020 – Artifact catalysts will have additional chances to drop in instanced (On Duty) content in Episodes 31-36 (Deluge, Teen Titans: Judas Contract, Atlantis, Justice League Dark, Metal Part I, and Metal Part II). Augment Catalysts will have additional chances to drop in instanced content from Episode 34-36.

Catalysts are used for Artifact and Augment Breakthrough Ranks.

FREE GIFT: UNSTABLE SEAL OF COMPLETION!

Once you have the catalysts you need, make the most out of them with a free Unstable Seal of Completion. Seals of Completion guarantee that an Artifact Breakthrough will succeed, no matter the rank. This seal is unstable, though, and will decay after 7 days. Use it as soon as you can!

Players must log in to claim the free gift during this bonus weekend from Thursday, January 23, 2020, through Sunday, January 26, 2020.

PLEASE NOTE: The bonus weekend and gift will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts, and both will last through Sunday to daily server restarts on Monday morning.
    • Like x 7
  2. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Yay! Hopefully this will end all the complaints about Monitor Energy. ^_^
  3. IcySoda New Player

are the monitor energys included ?
  4. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Probably not- they mention artifact catalysts and adaptive augment catalysts but made no mention of OP catalysts.
  5. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Oh no! I was hoping people would be able to get what they needed to finish their belts, and stop being upset about the Monitor Energy drop rate. :-(
  6. Morcegoitu New Player

Yes its very good!!
    this is weekend i relive the old episodes and collect as many catalysts
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Beware of Devs bearing gifts....a lot of the time when they do these weekends(with an unstable SOC), a double XP or new artifacts are not far behind and we haven't had Double XP in a long time. Not that I don't appreciate the cats, but don't be in here crying the blues if a Double xp weekend hits in a week or 2 and you blow your stash this weekend trying to utilize the SOC. Not saying there WILL be, but an unstable SOC is a good way to get people to wipe out all those stored 1/2 price 75K Nths they bought on sale. Plan accordingly.

Trojan horse at it's finest.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  8. Chia Death Well-Known Player

I don't know if I'd say we haven't gotten double xp in a long time- it's been under six months and it doesn't happen that often.

Either way I do have to agree with you- usually it's a Trojan horse to distract us while they push through something that we aren't going to like... which at this point seems to be four out of five actions daybreak takes... oh, I mean "dimensional ink" (dumb name by the way).
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

6 months would be 2 a year...which is at or less than average. Historically we see one before a new batch of artifacts for the same reason I mention above....to drain our saved stores of Nth so we'll need to buy new Nth packs to increase the new artifacts. There was not one between metal 1 and 2, probably because of the short time between those eps.

Either way...I don't think it's that sinister, just a good business tactic. Last time a unstable SOC came up, I let it lapse because the $4 SOC savings didn't off-set the $25 or so savings I'd be giving away if I blew all my Nth to use it. I also like to keep an arti on one toon at 140 or 160 breakthrough for just such a situation. I'll use it on them and keep the extra Nth for as long as it takes to double it.

Again, not faulting the devs....it's good business. If we don't see it and regret the move a week or 2 later, well...that's on us. No one told the Trojans to accept the free horse....I mean really? Who needs a giant wooden horse? "But it's FREE!!", is not a good reason.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  10. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Yeah, six months would be two a year- but like I said, we aren't even at 6 months yet. This paired with the featureless abyss that is current communication with the player base about what's coming next leads me to believe we've got a couple months. I've been wrong before, and certainly could be wrong this time.
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Let's not go there...

[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.