Bonus Artifact XP Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm not "coming at you". I'm just questioning your advice. And yes, I did read the post you were replying to, and I still don't see how buying a VWD, and levelling it, with the associated Catalyst and Seal costs, is going to save him anything in the long run. There's a bizarre fixation on maximising the gift on the VWD which seems to be ignoring that unless you already have one levelled to 100+, it is not worth your while to take advantage of it by forcing it.

As I often say "sometimes this is not for you".
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

"At this point I’m pretty much screwed and will be forced to throw away $50 just to make that bump in level ".

How much does your method save him? With SoC at 140, 180, 160 and 200, plus the Nth Metal (double XP or not) and the Catalyst requirements?

You're forcing a benefit that is minimal, at best in this case *because it is there*. Gaming a gift is fine - subverting the purpose of a freebie is always valid, but in this case your advice is just misguided. Exploiting a gift is not possible, nor profitable for everyone.
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

Nothing bizarre about it at all, you just don't seem to see the advantage in doing so, of which many other players do.

During this Double EXP-weekend, you don't need that much Nth-Metal to cover a Rank 141+ VWD. At this point, a lot of players should've hoarded enough Catalyst caches either through their Marks or through the Broker to afford ranking an artifact to 141, and if you have leftover seals and a little luck you won't have to use too many of them to breakthrough to 141, with rank 140 being the one you might want to have to waste a Seal of Completion to make sure you pass that breakthrough. The eventual costs around Catalysts and Seals are covered by the free Rank 200-boost you'll recieve.

If you intend on using VWD, you'll have it ranked to 200 right away and ready to use, and if you intend to just feed it to another Artifact when the Update goes live, it's still 800k+ of Exp into any other artifact of your choosing to help you toward the 200-rank. If you're not in a hurry, you could save it all together and hope that the next Double Exp-weekend isn't too far off in the future, and you'll be able to feed it for the full Exp to another artifact of your choosing.

If you got no other, useful artifact to drop your saved up Nth-metal on, this is a useful investment worth taking advantage of, if you have enough seals and Catalyst caches.

Like I said earlier, just because somebody can't afford to take advantage of it, doesn't mean it's not worth taking advantage of.
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

Seriously?
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

And how much would it cost him to buy the Nth Metal-Exp he would otherwise get out of a boosted VWD? Also, I'm not sure why you count in the 180 and 200-rank costs on Seals as a counter-argument to leveling and breaking through a VWD-artifact to Rank 141+, btw.

Exploiting? Not sure if you yourself know what you're talking about at this point. Also, not sure if you actually read my posts at all but I never said this was profitable for EVERYONE. It is however profitable to those who wants to take advantage of the Double EXP-weekend but have their useful Artifacts they wished to put more Exp into, already maxed at 160. Which is exactly the situation the guy I responded to was in.

Just because this doesn't seem worth the effort to YOU, doesn't mean it's not worth it to others.

You're going to need around 170K during this double EXP-weekend to cover the Exp needed to level a VWD from 0-141+. If you already have the VWD-Artifact at Rank 100+ or whatever, the better. After the Update goes live, thats 1,6mil+ Exp. 800k+ Exp to feed into any of your other Artifacts to help you reach the later Ranks faster.

Yes, seriously.
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

Aaaand.. where exactly is that 170K coming from?

Look - if you think your advice was fine, then he'll come back and say "thanks", no doubt.

If the boot is on the other foot, and my attitude prevails it means nothing to me.

You're right, no matter what. OK?
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

Aaaaand... How much can you turn that 170K to? Exactly. A 200-ranked Artifact ready to use or 800K+ Exp when fed into a more useful artifact of your choosing if so, once the Update goes live.

That's entirely up to him if he finds it useful or not, but it's definately not up to you to decide that for others no matter what you think of it. I was giving him a tip, and depending on one's situation, it may be more or less useful. Nothing else has been stated.

Again, just because you don't deem this method useful or beneficial to YOU, doesn't mean it's not useful or beneficial to others. I sure found it useful, and I know others have. Some others won't. Nothing more to it.
  8. CandySlinger Active Player

You realize the 101 VMD is also an awesome xp boost right? If you spend 40K xp in it with the necessary catalysts you get 340k xp in return. If you spend 175K xp in it with catalysts you get 850K in return. You're advocating for the people who think they have 175K xp but don't and end up with 171-174K XP exactly. Even if they dump in 170K into the venom wrist dispenser, that's the same double xp return if you put it in another artifact from the start. Either you get a 675K boost from your investment, a 300K xp boost, or just shy of a double boost anyways if you fail at math and aren't willing to pay to cover up your shame.
  9. HELLLLLLPPME Well-Known Player

This thread become annoying. Just go fight in DM.

Anyway, I spend 100$ today, upgrading my artefacts, for seals and NTH metals. I have now 3 arte. filled with 1.500.000 XP. I'll need more NTH metals i guess haha.
    • Like x 1
  10. Great Architect Loyal Player

No, I'm not advocating. No, I don't fail at maths, and no, I don't feel any shame. K :)?
  11. Joeknows13 New Player

Ok signed for the first time to the forums, i use them for info but stayed away from Poating because forums can be volitile

Mepps are the catalyst ever coming back to MP
    honestly imgetting ready to leave this game after investing thousands thru the years, yes I'm an idiot plz no trolls

the old MP catalyst price vs source marks cost is hugely inflated for example spending 300 or so for 120 catalyst pack would equal close to 120 SM, buying 200 for 2000 plus MC is LOL

why were they taken off the market so soon? are they coming back?

don't want to hear about earning them it would take me grinding all weekend to earn SM for what i need, I grinded enough
    Mepps since I've never asked a question here before and never complained i would like an answer
    if none then ill assume people are correct and ill rethink my membership
    remember the people your pushing away are the people paying your salary.
  12. player077900 New Player

Dear Mepps I think this is unfair and not true because If there is in fact no cap on artifact xp then this weekend I should have been able to put extra xp into my already 160 artifacts. Even though it is at max level if there truely is no cap , But I can't do that because I'm at 160 . So then I am capped ?

If True there is no cap and we can overload an artifact I would like to request a fix ASAP so I may put extra xp into my 160's . And would also like an extension on the bonus weekend so I may be able to take advantage of the double exp and be able to put that xp into my 160 artifacts that at this moment I can not because it is infact capped and doesn't allow us to over load it. I have no problem with how others decided to go about it but again if you say it is ok for them to do this because there is no cap . Then I should have been able to do this with my 160s. The fact that I can't shows I am capped at 160 and this isn't fair. Thank you
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You can put XP into a 160. You have to understand that rank 180 and rank 200 DON'T EXIST until the 12th of September, so right now if you are at rank 160 that is the maximum and you can't fortify any longer because there is no rank beyond that. Which is why there is another method to go beyond the 160 rank XP

• Like x 2
  14. player077900 New Player

Even when you have no fortify or further ranks to go IF there is NO xp cap Then they need to fix it so you can still dump xp into it Rather than your way . Good idea yes but if there is no xp cap Then they should fix it so even at max we can still put xp in . That's the point of no cap
  15. D0CT0RFATE New Player

to make you spend more money on source marks, which are waaaayyyy to expensive!
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Mepps was correct in his statement that there is no XP cap, I could put 20 million XP into an artifact right now if I wanted to and it would be allowed. You are asking once it is fortified to maximum rank to still be able to load XP into it which doesn't make sense under how the artifact system works and you are only saying this because ranks 180 and 200 are coming and you want to take advantage early, which you can do using the mentioned method.

If they allowed your method then you will have people say

"I Put Too much XP into my artifact and only wanted to get it to 200, I want my extra XP transferred to another artifact ASAP, I also want an extension on the double weekend so that my extra XP will count for double once you transfer it, this isn't fair"

sound familiar?
    • Like x 1
  17. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

lolzzzzzzz
  18. player077900 New Player

19. player077900 New Player

Well Aren't you hilarious .I think you just wouldn't like him to do a TRUE meaning of No cap Because it would mean you waisted money on trying to be smart with exploiting the xp gain . The only reason they have allowed it is because it's making them good money. You would be mad as hell if they where true to their word on a No cap because of little cheat and the money you spent . (You should also go look up the meaning of putting a No cap on something) It can EASILY ask if you are SURE you want to put xp in same as it asks you are you SURE you want to trade this artifact ?

Changing the artifact system to put infinite amounts of XP into them even after Max rank is just a more (consumer) time & cost effective way of doing it rather than having to pay for additional seals & grinding marks for catalyst on the same artifacts. That's the last of my time I'll be spending getting back to you on this because you are not Mepps and you are not the dev you wish you where And this isn't your decision. So go play around with the new content and make a video or something useful . Bye now
    • Like x 1
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I think it is not I that needs better reading comprehension on "no cap" but you. Is there a cap on artifact xp? nope there is not, you can load 99 stacks of perfected nth metal in each slot and and multiple 160 artifacts at 680xp if you so choose using a super simple method. It's is just at you want them to completely change the entire artifact system which is pointless because if 200 ranks were out you would NEVER be asking to put more xp into a rank 200 artifact lol, you just want things the easy way so you can have your cake and eat it too during this double weekend when there is a perfectly viable way to achieve what you want already but that isn't good enough.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.