Test Discussion Bombshell Harley Quinn Ally

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Yaiba Committed Player

Partner in Crime should grant you immunity when carrying objects.
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

If you pick up to smash a player trapped in ice or a cage, etc. it should trigger then too.

And if the Secure had worked as hoped, it's definitely Legendary as anyone can rally or secure an objective in an open world, a boss fight in a raid, etc. it's definitely a thing we'll be striving to get. We'll slap on more bells and whistles if we're just stuck with carry/pickup/weaponization tho if we can't get Secure.
    • Like x 4
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Cool, it would certainly make it more appealing if you increased it. :)
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

Few updates.

Combat Ability will have a separate bomb just for bosses. It will split damage if more than one boss is present in the area of influence, like the other AoEs split damage. It will also apply a small fire DoT to bosses only. The values you see presently for non bosses will remain.

Passive 2 will max out at 10 exomaterials.

Passive 1 Option A: With or without the Secure functionaity added - we can increase movement speed, make you resistant to CC, and retain the increased defense and the heal if you are transporting, weaponizing, picking up your poor friend stuck in a block of ice and smashing them on the ground, etc. we would make these as good as possible if we felt that Option B wasn't likely to happen for this Ally and we reserve it for a future Ally like Catwoman or something like that.

Passive 1 Option B: If we get the Secure thing then that would allow us to grant a free number of hits before you are disrupted from securing (or rallying of course).

Ideally we would have launched with the above combination for Passive 1 but things went awry. We can still get it but it won't be for launch.

Passive 1 Option C: Scrap Partner in Crime as it is now, if we get the Secure functionality we do it later with a different Ally and do the Transport/Weaponization with it or split that out with a different Ally as well. For a revised iteration for Bombshell Harley we have Partner in Crime do something like get out of jail cards if your partners get CC’d. You break them out and give them a HoT. Cool downs, number of group mates who get freed, the values of the heals, etc would increase with rank.
    • Like x 4
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Legendary status has nothing to do with how good or bad a passive/combat is. It is reserved or allies who have 2 passive choices. If he were to be demoted to an epic or rare than she would lose one of the passives.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Option C sounds interesting. If it works with counters, it would make a great healer ally passive. I would like to see Option B, where you can get a limited immunity that prevents you from picking someone up. Oftentimes, that helps with a dot around you. It would be good.

If Option B doesn't happen, I would prefer Option C. As it is, Option A is too niche.

The Exo-Materials is still a joke though. Not going to lie. Even if it gave a 100 extra per node, it still doesn't entice someone from going savaging. To be honest, it really doesn't fit Harley's theme, though I don't know how Bombshell Harley acted in that short special run, I don't see her be like oh shiny and just keep going, like that Family Guy skit.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Regarding the AoE damage. What is her damage supposed to be? Currently cyborg is hitting a lot harder than her. I was getting 429k aoe damage with him on 5 targets. While with Harley I was getting 321k. I even got 321k with FP batman and he is ST. The explosion from his bomb only hit 1 target as well. Yes she’s more consistent since cyborg can miss but Harley hitting the same amount on aoe as a ST ally doesn’t seem right.

When I tested on 8 targets who are more spread out cyborg hit for 858k while Harley hit for 326k. To put that in more comparison, FP Batman hit for 437k, and Batman who laughs hit for 347. So Harley did not do the most aoe damage at all. You’d be better of using cyborg for aoe or FP Batman since he has a chance to hit with extra bombs and he gets a double tick on bosses like HoL bot.

Is this damage intended or is she hitting lower than intended?
  8. IonHero Committed Player

I can see it now... tanks with beach ball trinkets on their loadouts
    • Like x 2
  9. Jcal Dedicated Player

Earth Tank + Summon Brick + pick up beach ball = Win

Next we'll need an ally passive that triggers an auto-taunt whenever you throw an object. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Rejchadar Inquisitor

If the first passive remains as it is, it would not be bad to increase the passive skill "super strength" ... and also add a few trinkets where we can summon a stone block, a piano, a car, a large dumpster in place of the ball....
    • Like x 1
  11. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

When this changes are coming?

As a feedback, the AoE dmg is lackluster; Cyborg is still king on AoE dmg doing almost double the dmg on 6 targets or above.

Passive 1 can lead to some Tanks using the Disco Ball Trinkets to increase defense for a while, this may benefit the most to Ice and Earth Tanks, because of the limitations of using abilities while carrying objects, Rage, Atomic and Fire need to use their abilities more often, so it would be nice if this passive allow us to some of our tray abilities while carrying objects.

Passive 2, honestly very few people would care for this, it should be scrapped and replace by other passive or make Harley an Epic Ally.
    Proposal passive 2 "You are da Bomb": Harley increases you Critical Atk dmg by 10% at max rank. It would fit the theme of the Ally, since Bombshell Harley its like a sapper and its all about bombs and bringing things down.
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dont do Option C please. It sounds great but just like "Auto breakout" elite affinity it creates issues that are hard to track down for casual players when they wipe to mechanics when they arent allowed to break out for example.

Option A seems best even without the secure/rallying.
  13. inferno Loyal Player

At a base 91k defense, when I do a meteor summon that defense goes to 115k, on top of a high 15k heal tick, low 5k tick. I don't even know what this will do with Everyman Prototype at a 35% health with my defense. It will probably end up at 175k to 190k. I'm not the best at fire tanking so I will leave it up to the fire enthusiasts to see what this can really do.
    • Like x 1
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Interesting this also works for ice powerset as both roles can benefit from the defense increase using ice armor.
  15. Siramez Well-Known Player

it really does if passives are quite useless or dont affect the most in their gameplay, legendary status requires 300k exp to level to max and if you spend 300k on this ally, you will end up not using those passives (before the changes charon have posted). Removing 1st passive and keeping the 2nd pasisve would work as a rare or epic status.
    • Like x 4
  16. Mr.W Committed Player

Personally, I think option A is very good. The only thing that makes it feel a bit clunky is that this seems catered towards tanks (which is great) but you have to get your hands tied for it to trigger which most groups probably wouldn't want the tank to do. Maybe if it had a very long duration after an objective/rally was completed it would be more favorable? That way we still have access to our tray abilities after being a team player.
  17. JeanGrey Active Player

Honestly I have to agree with the others. The passives seem like something more needed when first starting the game and playing the main story. Transporting objects, and picking up exo bits doesn't seem like a legendary, end-game ally to me.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mr.W Committed Player

Unless our exo material start enhancing our nth metal too :p lol
  19. RokVar Active Player

I'm really liking Harley so far. Spent some time comparing her damage to oracle today, and I'll just say, Harley is my new #1. I think the passives will be useful, just not to me, but that's fine. I prefer the passives I have at the moment.
    • Like x 1
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

are you serious? we pick up objects in tons of instances as part of mechanics
    I agree she isnt worth lvling as legendary tho
    • Like x 1