Test Discussion Bombshell Harley Quinn Ally

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Ranmaru Developer

Howdy everyone, there is a new ally available for testing on the PC test vendor

Summon Bombshell Harley Quinn to aid you in combat!

Bomb Voyage
    Parachutes in with a bombshell in tow, hitting all nearby enemies in a single large attack.

(2) +45% damage
    (3) +90% damage
    (4) +134% damage
    (5) +179% damage
    (6) +224% damage
    (7) +269% damage
    (8) +314% damage
    (9) +359% damage
    (10) +403% damage

Partner In Crime
    When transporting an object, receive increased defense and heal for a percentage of max health every 3 seconds.

(4) 1.5% health, +5% defense
    (5) 2% health, +10% defense
    (6) 2.5% health, +15% defense
    (7) 3% health, +20% defense
    (8) 3.5% health, +25% defense
    (9) 4% health, +30% defense
    (10) 5% health, +35% defense

Ruler of the Rubble
    Increases average yield from gathering exo-material.

(6) +20% average drop rate
    (7) +40% average drop rate
    (8) +60% average drop rate
    (9) +80% average drop rate
    (10) +100% average drop rate

Please let me know if there is any feedback you have for this new addition.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    • Like x 5
  2. Siramez Well-Known Player

I already know this is quite useless for a legendary that takes 300,000 xp to level. Might as well make this a rare ally instead and remove the first passive since we don't really ever pick up objects anywhere in the game besides for fun. The second passive might benefit exo-materials (I think you wrote exobit as a mistake) farming, especially on US so I don't see a reason why this is legendary instead of a rare.
    • Like x 10
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Do you guys still call them Exobits? I thought they were renamed Exo-Material.

Also, does the Ruler of the Rubble affect our feat counter?

Based on the passives, this Ally seems like purely Active Ally as the other two I don't see a whole use for general gameplay. Especially Exo farming. Because, unless more RnD comes to the game that utilizes Exo-Material, not a whole lot outside of the farming feat to use them for.
    • Like x 8
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I have to echo the sentiments above. Neither of the passives seem like they're worthy of a Legendary ally. The first passive is extremely niche, and I don't even know how many people still farm Exo-Material these days so that could be niche too.

Potential visual bug: The first time I summoned her in combat there was no parachute attached to her, but after I leveled her up to max the parachute started working. Not sure if it not appearing at first had anything to do with her being rank 1 or not though as I only summoned her once before ranking her up.
    • Like x 9
  5. Eve YouTuber

I agree with with everything above. I feel like she isn't worth the investment and It's a shame cause having Harley, especially Bombshell version as a Ally is so cool. But her passives aren't tempting or useful enough, and her Combat is alright I guess. I don't see a reason to switch from House of Legends Bot.
    • Like x 7
  6. Trykz Dedicated Player

Should have made her a single target double damage on boss like HOL. Considering we don’t have a single legendary ally that is worth a **** for combat as far as dps boss damage.
    • Like x 2
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I could see the first passive being surprisingly useful in fights that have random debris lying around to pick up. Maybe you should go back and add that to like half the boss battles in the game. :p

I like that we’re getting Bombshell characters though. And that second passive is cool, but as others have said, it’s not a brilliant return on the hefty investment required for a legendary. I would second the suggestion above to delete the first passive and make her a rare/epic class instead, if it’s not too late in development for that.
  8. AV Loyal Player

Partner in crime is an interesting passive for tanks for some things. I like that the two passives aren't competing with each other at all, ie. this is the first Ally where the 2nd passive is actually just a nice complementary QoL boost in general as opposed to being at odds with the other one.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The Audio Effect associated with holding an object sounds awful. I think the "Ha Ha Ha" visual effect would be enough.
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh yeah! I forgot about certain tank powers being able to generate their own objects. Fire’s style in particular meshes very well with it. Perhaps we’ve all been too hasty?
    • Like x 2
  11. Ranmaru Developer

I heard this right before we pushed to test, I have a without the audio tells coming soon tm
    • Like x 1
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    At max level, I'm consistently seeing about 330-340k damage on AoE tests when using Harley as a combat ally. Should there be two damage ticks per target? I was expecting to see a second one associated with the bomb hit, but the only damage tick happens before the bombs hit.
    • Like x 2
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I'm wondering if Ruler of the Rubble is working correctly. Every exobit spawn is giving 5 exobits when having Harley equipped. Without it, I get 2 to 4 per drop.
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Is it possible to make the exo farming benefit more generous given the amount of XP being put in to a legendary ally. 100% at maximum expense doesn't seem particularly appealing.

If it was at least 300% I'd probably be more tempted.

I like it as a QoL idea, it just doesn't seem to be quite enough
    • Like x 7
  15. Earworm New Player

1. Damage was dealt before the bomb dropped. Maybe add some additional benefit as an active ally? Like increased boss damage 5-10% or some other variety.

2. Personally, I'd like to see either the defense or health buff passives to be increased as to make tanking with Meteor or Ice boulder viable especially since there isn't much content we need to carry objects.

3. Perfect. Got 5 exos at max level. Ideal to help with those who need the gather feat.
    • Like x 1
  16. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I have to agree with some of the others, the passives are very specific and would not be that useful outside of hunting for exos or on a mission that requires you to pick stuff up.

Also, the yield rate is not that great considering the amount of XP it cost at max. But if she was just a rare ally, I'd buy it and level it up exclusively to use for exo farming.

(yes I still do it from time to time) :D
    • Like x 2
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Have you confirmed that it actually increases the gather counter by more than one? I was under the impression that even if we get 2-3 Exo-Material before this as members it still only increased the gather counter by one.
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

Think we'll definitely increase this.

That passive does work for weaponization as well as transports throughout the game. They aren't as prevelant as Secures but they're around. We were intending for Secures to count for this passive too but found out too late that something simple we thought we had, we don't. We're getting a request in to check for Secures. When/if that happens, not in time for launch though, that passive would cover Secures too but would add a shield to you when securing so you're likely to not get interrupted when doing the rally/secures/etc.

We're also talking on adding a movement speed increase when doing a transport.

She also has the highest AoE damage out of all the Allies as there isn't a current secondary component to the damage. The damage applying before the FX is a limitation currently but we can mess with it to see if we can get it aligned better, it's purely a cosmetic thing.
    • Like x 6
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah I already realised how useful that passive would be for fire tanks. A shield/heal for secures/rallies though? That would be very helpful for pretty much anyone. I think people will be very interested in that if you could get that working.
  20. Siramez Well-Known Player

based on what you said here, I still think that this does not justify the reason why it is legendary rather than a rare or epic as most players out there don't pick up objects or transports in their gameplay. UNLESS the first passive also counts players trapped in objects (i.e Sixth Dimension Elite world forger boss fight).
    • Like x 1