Bludhaven Legends

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DustyAnkh, Mar 25, 2015.

1. AL Lonso New Player

There's no most annoying part of bludhaven... the whole map and every objective is annoying as hell. The Major Force fight is probably the only thing normal about that alert, despite the long cutscene that doesn't really lead to anything.
    • Like x 1
  2. NaumNML New Player

Can I ask how the vat area is done? Not really having a problem with the alert. As a whole I find it the easiest of the 3 I've tried, but outside of goibg kamikaze on that area I haven't found an efficent way of getting past it
  3. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I Hated with a Passion South Gotham Courthouse L-PvE, I Loved the League of Assassins L-PvE, I Enjoyed (Not Loved) Area 51 L-PvE. I am painfully grinding Bludhaven just to be rid of it. At Least Smallville looks to be another funish one
  4. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

On Duty character's are still whacky, so maybe some of these updates didn't make it into Live ?

[IMG]

Also, the Box part is awful for non flyers. You should put the goal on the lower road instead of up on the bridge. I don't even see how those ambulances got up there anyways lol
  5. Loche Developer

We just stuck together and took one out at a time. We start on the right side, the one closest to where you come in first. Then cross over to the other side. We stop DPSing the vats when mobs spawn, so we don't get overwhelmed. Now, when I played with my team that is very good at their respective Legends characters, we still went in the same order, but just blasted the things. Then cleaned up the adds afterward. Usually there was maybe one death for someone who lunged too far.
    • Like x 1
  6. Loche Developer

That is a possibility. I am currently syncing the code branch running live and see what is there or not.
  7. Veritasum Loyal Player

Ran this last night Qng up. One person just stopped playing half way thru. The 3 of us kept going and finished in a shade under 30 min. What's the big deal with it? You die a couple times? Yes, you can't face roll it. But you can wham bam through like 97% of the content in this game. Just take an extra 7 minutes for this and it will all be ok.

Or don't run it. Lots of complaints about the alerts being chosen. You have 4 to choose from now and a 5th is already on test. I am really not sure what expectations are not being met with these easy feat runs. I mean they are almost giving feats away with these. Take 'm!
    • Like x 1
  8. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I can only speak for myself, but I love the Bludhaven alert. But because of some of the spots (like the amount of adds in the 2nd area) so many players do not like Bludhaven. When I ask in LFG or League, I want people to want to play it and have fun while doing so. That's why I think it needs a few adjustments.
  9. Vesper Dedicated Player

First, THANK YOU for all the other fixes. Blud looks FANTASTIC. The lack of Fog-o-War is a great improvement!

But this particular item highlighted above is the sticking point, with Blud and all the rest. Area 51 took WAY TOO LONG already. 45+ min with lousy pugs in A51 was a norm. It was tedious, dull, NOT fun. Adding time to the speed feat says that experienced groups of Iconic Supers are NOT able to complete content that inexperienced sub-30 player-toons complete every day.

Instead of ADDING time to the speed feat, this alert should have been balanced to make the 20 min feasible for experienced groups. Awesome kick-butt groups should be clearing in under 15 min, and lousy pugs in 25-30. Total spaz groups shouldn't even finish.

Let me be clear here: I *like* LPVE. I like the concept, the content, the whole idea behind LPVE. I *WANT* to play it. I *WANT* to get the feats, to earn the feats, to grind the feats. I *WANT* to spend Replay Badges.....a LOT of Replay Badges on these things. Courthouse at 16 minutes-----ran it back-to-back 5 or 6 times a day for the duration of the map. A51 at 45+-----multiple days of not even playing once.

Thanks for your consideration. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Now that Area 51 is over, and Loche happens to be reading this topic, I'd love to find out what exactly we are meant to do during Regulator Zeta's Heat Vision ? I tried to mostly play as a Flyer to kite him during that attack. But he would KO acro and speedsters all the time with no hope. You can't duck it, you can't run away from it, and the DoT is heavy.
    • Like x 1
  11. Veritasum Loyal Player

Same name in USPS if you want to run it. I genuinely like using the different Legends in general. I stick to Sups in PvP, but I can use whoever in PvE which is fun. After feats are done of course. In my one run I found that it's very hard to get through mobs by yourself, but 3 of us coming at once was not so bad most times.
  12. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I ran it last night and the hazmat guys bugged out at the end and wouldn't move so we had to leave all and all I doubt I'll try to run it again it's not a fun alert and it's even less fun having to play it as legends characters .
    • Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We think we see the issue here. Don't kill the truck too quickly until we get a fix in.
    • Like x 2
  14. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

The Feats are working today, so that's good :)
  15. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

What I like least about this map:
    It's the first map, where the NPCs get to use combat mechanics again. Major Force is basically perma-immune and can not be countered.
    And even the adds in some Areas use Counters now, which makes fighting them even more tedious.

I've ran the map 3 times so far and got the Speed feat each time. But I still don't really like it. Too many tedious parts and again a map, which takes more than 20 minutes for lousy 5 marks.

With the crows and the giant Alligators there were even adds added, which are not even in the alert. That was unnecessary. The amount of adds in there was allready enough.

I also still don't like the fact, that we get loot-locked, so I again have to run PVP aswell to get the marks to buy my missing chars.
    • Like x 1