Blocking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrStoob, Aug 6, 2020.

1. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Unreal isn't it?

So as well as the skull symbol that we've always had, we also have a huge message comes up on screen basically saying 'BLOCK NOW!' for WV content, and you still see a mass group of crosses explode across the battlefield.

My other role is Tank, so maybe I'm just more used to blocking but come on, people. :)
    • Like x 9
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

My favourite part of this episode is during the Steppenwolf and Kalibak fight when it says to get away from Kalibak and then I see 30 people die at once. It's glorious.
    • Like x 17
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t know why DCUO players are like this. It makes instances so much more stressful than they should be.
    • Like x 3
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's difficult to see anything when there is player lag.
    • Like x 3
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Those are the people I usually don't pick up.
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its like watching corn pop.
  7. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yeah in the alert first boss when the text pops up don't attack this one player kept doing it and then kept dieing. Eventually he ended up Rage quitting . Myself and the other player's were like it says Don't attack so why was he still doing it .

So idk why people REFUSE To follow simple easy mechanics lol I mean it says Don't attack her Smh .
  8. tukuan Devoted Player

I'm judgemental as a rule so I thought the same thing. Then my brother who's computer is a bit dated told me his lag is so bad sometimes he doesn't see the message until too late. So I suppose some should get the benefit of the doubt.

That said I'm still of the opinion that most just choose to believe the healers can heal through it or that even worse they are just too bad *** to get one shotted.
    • Like x 1
  9. Whodini Well-Known Player

As a healer, I am now trained to hit my 8 man heal immediately after a skull attack since people just can't seem to comprehend "Block Ares' Stomp Attack!"
    • Like x 5
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Ah yes... the field of death flowers. Kinda like back when we were doing the Starro Conqueror and it was like popcorn flying across the screen. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I swear people are still scoreboard chasing these bounties, even though there is no scoreboard. Nobody blocks, hydra is sometimes ridiculous with everyone Flurry Shotting literally right on top of someone who needs a pick up or hydra teeth and refusing to stop and turn a cog. They dont follow any mechanics at all and in some cases make them worse with orbitals. Then when the group fails they type super toxic comments in chat blaming everyone else, then leave the phase. No wonder DPS is the most crapped on role in the game.
    • Like x 1
  12. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I haven't done any WV stuff but I remember the one Titans Island raid where people would say before the fight against Terra, 'don't use Orbital Strike'. Yet, within moments of the fight beginning, I'd see Orbital Strikes. Some people don't pay attention to mechanics. I think they believe they can take the boss down fast enough so they can ignore the mechanics.
    There have been times I've been one-shotted while Blocking against the big V. I guess Blocking is no guarantee that the lethal attack won't get through. I assume that has something to do with stats.
    As others have said, if you have lag, by the time you see the V, you're KO'd.
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I love the chat when multiple people, with or without profanities, saying No oRbItAlS oN HyDrA!!!!!!!! and what do you see? Several orbitals go off.
  14. Kestral Committed Player

I'm pretty sure the alert was set up as a end game tutorial. Puzzles again that require players to look around the map and take note of what they see, possibly communicate those findings to the group if they want a feat, giant lettering everywhere teaching players when to block and when to get out of the way. Still many hitting the reflective shield but I have actually seen progress in this through the week!
  15. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

(Not so) fun story:
    I once random queue into BBS, they were at end-game level but doesn't seem to know the mechanics very well
    I explained what we should watch out for during the final boss, and in the end, I said I won't pick them up if they failed to follow the instructions, though I didn't end up upholding this warning
    Surprise surprise, they died so many times not even my quantum teleportation can keep up, they then proceed to blame me for "refusing" to pick them up after several wipes

I think older content can benefit from explicit messages like Wonderverse so I can just laugh at those who fail for not being able to read simple instructions instead of being made the villain (okay I was playing a villain character at the time...)
    • Like x 2
  16. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I know, right lol! I specifically hold off on using my bio cap (or Divine light) heal for the moments I know people are just gonna stand there and take one to the face. I wish I had quick text saved for my PS4 so I could hit a button each time someone does that, I'll say, "can't heal stupid."
    • Like x 1
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I think (or hope at least) that all us healer are trained on when to do certain things by now. For example in the alert I always save my four-person shield for when the text comes up at Queen Diana that we need to go to a weapon rack to re-equip our abilities just in case someone has an oopsie while I have no abilities to heal them. I do the same at Poseidon - save my shields and my powerful, channeled group heal for when Poseidon is about to do his big whirly vortex thing because inevitably people will take their sweet time getting out of it.
  18. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

Because it is one of the major issues with the game, people complain about the devs this and that, but even quick runs become frustrating, because as someone mentioned earlier most players are scoreboard chasers and can't be bothered to stop spamming power/weapon attacks to block or dodge or work a cog or do a pickup because they may not make the top spot on the leader board.

I am a troll and honestly I prefer playing troll over dps, and I have had several occasions where I have been taken out and locked out of a boss fight running all over a room trying to work cogs and/or do pick-ups and have a dps standing literally almost on top of me and won't stop to pick me up, THEN wants to complain there is no power and I don't know how to do my job.
  19. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

This is simply a product of the way the devs have handled end game content. Not to sound like a boomer but back in the day content was somewhat challenging. There was no elite, so if you don’t beat it you don’t beat it. People were forced to really learn and understand mechanics. Now? Bruh I blow through reg raids half asleep lol. You can’t give players brain dead content and then expect them to actually try to follow mechanics; they’ve been conditioned to steam roll everything. What’s ironic is that adding the overhead text doesn’t fix the issue, it just makes the content even MORE brain dead. Only way to have players follow mechanics is to let them LEARN them and get smacked around a few times. Even then due to the state of the game I doubt everyone would start to follow the mechanics, but a good number would play more carefully.
  20. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I honestly don't think that would work right now until we cycled through some of the player bass. I have been playing almost since day 1 (although I just came back a week ago from a 6 month hiatus due to an overwhelming work and family schedule) and it has not really changed. Its not that the Dev's have dumbed the game down as much as it is everyone wanting to be ontop of the board. I have been in raids where I have had DPS's say "I don't do cogs or pickups", and I have been in boss fights where DPS's have asked players who are out to check the laeder board to see where they are, and I have even been in a couple raids where I have gotten messages from DPS's asking me not to pick up certain people if they get knocked out because they were to close to catching them or were past them.
    • Like x 1