BLOCK STICKING

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Multiverse, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Forever and a day...

IA ARMY
  2. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

This is just DCUO's way to help keep you safe
    • Like x 1
  3. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

i have been experiencing block sticking and loss of use of the right analog on my xbox controller. it gets irritating. i have to open menus or something to get my right stick working again. not fond of my controler experiencing the equivelant of E D.
  4. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Happens to me often.in PvP and tanking in pve raids...but good luck getting devs attention if u do it'll be along the lines 'everything working as intended but we are looking for balancing issues all the time' lol just saying there'. More that 1 issue and I haven't seen them do sqat about it
  5. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Yup still broke! Should never happen. This has been broke since what? June?! Right around the time we had all those freezes when going to the vendor. Honestly, how much more delay?! It was not like this b4 T5. It is not an added feature. Please fix it.
  6. The Hornet New Player

This is still getting me murdered in pvp.
  7. Chiemara Well-Known Player

Happens to me most often when I'm fighting someone using MA and clipping macro combo

Doesn't really happen that I recall during the game much outside of PVP, had it happen a few times, willing to bet that someone was clipping in my group. But mostly happens as I said when someone is spamming attacks and animations are being canceled on your screen.

I'm sure it has to do with people clipping animations... I don't clip on purpose because I know nothing good can come from flooding the system with input requests on top of animations.

Just because we can do a thing does not mean we should do that thing.
    Call it restraint, honor, character, wisdom... All applicable.
  8. D4rkwond3r New Player

FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX IT!!!! THIS IS SO ANNOYING!
    • Like x 3
  9. winter13 New Player

Just happened to me in the new ops. REALLY brutal when you are surrounded by green lanterns handing you your backside
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

My only regret is that I can't upvote this more than once.
    • Like x 1
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

You mean when getting hit by a channeling move or using a channeling move? I don't have a channeling power loaded in my Tank build and get stuck in Block quite often.
  12. Skiwattentotten New Player

Sorry if this is already posted, but:

This is part of a problem created around a year ago when they created longer block animations (more for PvP IIRC) so you had a bigger window to block break. Since then, if you just tap block you'll stay blocking for around a second or so...

For the record, the glitch you're referring to where it sticks for like 3 seconds happens to me rather occasionally.
  13. DatVines New Player

I definitely come across this problem rather frequently myself. Now I can definitely say it happens in PvP more, but the issue with this is simply latency. At least in my experience. Coming from PSN to now PC in last couple months. I've been reduced to not such a great internet connection and that doesn't always fly with this game. PvP does require more bandwidth than a PvE phase. So I see the lag type issues probably more than you would want to. It also happens with powers like Impaling Thorns. Sometimes Impaling Thorns can get stuck up to 10 seconds. I'll usually have to hit my "ESC" key to pull open a menu and back out real quick to stop pull out of the animation. It's very frustrating because like most said. People are either dpsing the living green bar out of you or interrupting you and then beating your face in. So hopefully this is exactly what I think it is because in a couple weeks when I move. It just won't matter. I just don't see why it doesn't affect all powers and moves. So hopefully I can get some more insight into this.
  14. surge914 New Player

Definitely a problem also in Paradox when you quickly have to roll away and you try to roll again but stuck in block.
  15. Massah Committed Player

Sorry my post was unclear...I was suggesting that sometimes thevtap Block is behaving like I activated a Channeled Super power unable to get out of the animation.
  16. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

Ya this happens a lot and especially since you can't roll out of it makes it even more of a buzzkill during raids/alerts
  17. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

It seems too be getting worse if that is possible...

Fix it SOE, what's the hold up?

IA ARMY
  18. Blinx New Player

I agree that this seems to be getting worse and more annoying. But, if it hasn't been fixed yet, they either can't or it's a lower priority.
  19. Statman New Player

Arghh I'm having a horrible case of this, this morning. Not even re hitting the block button gets me out of it! Opening the chat box does though, lol.
  20. Critics New Player

Yea this needs to be fixed, especially when I'm dueling. :confused:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.