BLOCK STICKING

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Multiverse, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie New Player

All of the controls have been broken since GU29 but the Dev's don't care about it. I upvoted this thread but I doubt the Dev's will even bother to respond to this thread no matter how many up votes it gets or how many pages it reaches.
    • Like x 1
  2. Massah Committed Player

It seems to be with channeled moves and Block is somehow being treated as having a channeling timer. The Block issue is complicated when trying to clear a stun with a Tap-Block and then you get frozen in the Block while stuck in a stun-AoE move like in Nexus.
  3. Gotcha Girl Well-Known Player

It's good to know that I'm not the only person with this problem. At first I thought maybe my PS3 controller was going bad but it's relatively new so I couldn't figure out what it was. It's really unfortunate because I'm really getting into PvP.
  4. blklightning New Player

As a healer, block sticking is amazingly inconvenient.

Where it really hurts is when I'm caught in an AoE in Nexus. I also regularly get stuck in Pulse Beam animation.
    • Like x 1
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Same exact thing happens to me on my controller. Squishy characters caught in block or Pulse Beam animation die more often.
    • Like x 1
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Freekin Block Sticking again.

Is that supposed to be a new feature to make the bosses more challenging???

Freekin Block is next to useless right now.
    • Like x 1
  7. Shy New Player

This has been happening to me also since the last update :(
  8. Mattie Electria New Player

I have the problem of the block sticking on the USPS3 villain side
  9. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Ok I thought that my shift button was broken, the reason I stay in the block position. Sometimes hitting a power helps get out but sometimes it doesn't. Can be very hurtful in pvp!!
  10. chipzes Committed Player

As others have mentioned, Pulse Beam seems to stick too. Also I had the same problem on Cryo Foam getting stuck for like 5-10 seconds.
  11. xtrahigh Active Player

12. Spindle New Player

Yup, I've been experiencing this for about 2 weeks now on a daily basis. It's gotten me killed when I should have been able to roll away instead. Very annoying.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This has been submitted to the team and we are investigating.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Thanks Mepps.

Much appreciated. ;)
  15. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I was doing Batcave 2v2 Legends and I rolled off the node to avoid Catwomans AOE and block got stuck. Usually, people would continue attacking but the Player obviously knew what was going on so he/she ceased attacking. Now that I know people are open minded to the frustration that comes from it, I do the same. Most people know not to block for more than 2 seconds in Legends so if I feel as if their block is stuck, I give them some slack. But as soon as that pretty little shield goes away, you'll wish you were blocking ;D
    • Like x 1
  16. WishYouHadMySwag New Player

Happens alot. When Im in wave and I die and get picked up and block it gets stuck and I roll sometimes. When I don't mean to.
  17. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

It always happens when I block and try and get out of the way of something fast .
  18. Lucaefor New Player

There are other glitches you can find like the projectiles Harley and Bane (now also Wonder Woman) throw. If you are in animation and get CC'ed your melee (left mouse) becomes locked and you cannot attack - literally have to just stand there and die, most annoying. Status effects will also switch off your fast movement mode (F key by default).

Animation sticking is a fairly common occurrence. There are often times you try to block or attack and just stand there, aside from block sticking. This mostly seems to happen with status effects being inflicted but can also trigger with AoE's. It might be a bug associated with how animations are layered on top of each other.

You can pop your breakout trinket and that usually sorts the problem out quickly.
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Once more.... was killed by the Arena Champion thanks to being stuck blocking in his AoE fire effect.

Was stuck blocking.... could not roll away.... could not stop blocking and try to walk away. :mad:
  20. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Wow! So it wasn't my mouse's fault that my character does nothing! If it is really a bug and not lag, then it is one of the most annoying bugs!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.