block breaking

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Thechemicals, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Thechemicals New Player

Hiya. I noticed that enemies holding block against me still counter me when i dont finish my combo. Could someone explain the details behind this? Below are the situations where i have been countered.

1. with 1h - tap left, left, (see enemy blocking) tap right, right,-- get countered.
    2. With 2h- (see enemy blocking) tap left,right,left,right - get countered.
    3. With 2h- (see enemy blocking) tap left,right,right,right- get countered.
    4. With 2h- Use left click hold (see enemy block) tap left, tap right- get countered.

It appears that anything remotely resembling a combination or series of hits like left.right.right counters me. Could someone explain? Im embarrassed a bit to ask this considering i have been playing this game forever lol.
  2. Dee Pius New Player

Sorry to sound like a dummy, but to us PS3 players, that whole "left, right, right left" stuff you are speaking is straight PC gibberish. I, or any other PS3 player on here probably can't help you unless you use layman's terms.

i.e. i tap melee, melee, melee, then end up on my butt... (if you didn't know 3 melee taps basically equals a melee hold, and will knock you down when used against a blocking opponent, if that's what you were asking?)..
  3. Pwnetheus New Player

I believe "tap left" = square button = melee
    and "tap right" = triangle button = range

For #2, 3, and 4 tapping right is suppose to mean executing a block breaker for 2H weapons =\
  4. H2 Pwn Well-Known Player

You don't tap triangle for 1h, you hold it.
  5. One Shot New Player

i have also seen these problems, strange blocks and block breakers when they should not have happened, maybe with gu 28 the system will work better, i love the pvp system, but mostly i cant wait to destroy those ice tanks, thier days of being OP is finely over