Block breaking with Powers

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Swiftduck, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Just curious. Do powers not block break in pvp anymore?

Was just in a match using HL and my constructs were not block breaking my opponent like they used to.

For example GH > Fan > claw x4 >Ram (BB)

Ram/impact/lightblast and minigun all do not Block break but are vulnerable to interrupt.

I have not tested this on my electricity character yet with electro gen>arc lightning or Arc>Voltaic Bolt but i fear this will be the case as well.

Is it now intended for powers to no longer block break?
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

They are not suppose to, if the power BB's it is a bug.

Ex: Atomic has access to powers that BB when they shouldn't.
    • Like x 1
  3. cease94 Active Player

4. Swiftduck Loyal Player

So you are saying the powers not block breaking is an intended change?

If so, ok cool. Now I know. :)
  5. cease94 Active Player

mental BB, fire BB,not only atomic is what i meant to say, they might not be intended not that sure
  6. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Correct, powers are not supposed to blockbreak.
    • Like x 1
  7. Roguester Well-Known Player

In a nutshell,They have reduced counter dmg to 1 k,made highest dmg possible done only by powers and made powers able to counter(block-brake,lunge).Its all about the power now,no need to practice the counter system,Spam away and win.
  8. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Expecting every concept of PvP to be fixed with one update was where you went wrong.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Fixed.
  10. Roguester Well-Known Player

Never expected 1 update to fix everything,i expected to see where it is pointing at,and making counter dmg do 1 k told me everything i needed to know.
  11. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

GU 56 had massive changes for PvP. One was that the Light Combo AM would not activate in PvP arena's. Meaning no enhanced AM damage and no counters from combo's.

Many are still vulnerable to counter. That's in place since we can do slightly improved damage with our combo's by not using basic tap attacks from weapons.

All that said..... The best advice I can give you is to use your weapon to set up a opportunity to counter. Then use your combo's for a little extra damage during that window.

We still have good combo's(especially utilizing clipping) for dealing damage during a counter window.

Here's a link to GU 56.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

When was this made official?
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

They removed them all, but atomic. That why alot of good pvpers, lol, went to using attomic.
  14. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

The round of PvP Changes that were on test for over a month before crossplay.
    • Like x 1
  15. MuTeDx Committed Player

Why remove the BB for the HL constructs but leave the counter? This goes 2 ways against HL, 1 I can't counter you so while I'm mid combo the enemy has no worry. 2 the counter against HL still works so when you see green just wait and counter the next construct.

This is the most ignorant change they could have made, people thought skill in PVE was gimped. PVP just lost the 1 thing that made it any kind of viable, the counter system. It was the 1 thing that separated PVE from pvp and what causes us to change loadouts.

HL constructs deserve to get the BB and lunge OR the numbers should be changed to yellow. White is weapon attacks and weapon attacks play the RPS system. If HL is no longer playing RPS, I don't want to see white numbers, do it.

So many changes in this game going against the long standing standards of the game. First power back for dps, now RPS is gone from pvp. So glad I quit spending money here, just eating up server space until they fix it ALL.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

I remember MT still being able to BB. Are you sure it wasn't one of those wishes that never happened?
  17. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

Mepps confirmed that powers BBing aren't intended and are going to be looked at. However, some still BB and some don't.
    • Like x 3
  18. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

The post for anyone interested.
    • Like x 2
  19. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

Powers being able to blockbreak, in any role, is stupid. It's just residue from one of the worst additions to PvP to date: advanced mechanics.
    • Like x 2