Black Lightning

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PolishEagle, Jun 4, 2020.

1. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I applaud the developers for giving us a Steel centric DLC so early on in the game's history. No question about it I think your good people especially in giving the fairer sex characters dlcs however time flies and I love Black Lightnings TV show and think its time to bring in either Black Lightning or Static for a DLC.
    • Like x 1
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Unlike Hall and Oates, I can go for that....

:)
    • Like x 4
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Yeah, it’s kind of a bummer that DC’s first black superhero is only in this game as a Starro controlled villain.
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

Mal Duncan, Bumblebee, John Stewart, & Bronze Tiger all appeared before Black Lightning. Black Lightning wasn't DC's first black superhero, but he was DC's first black superhero to get his own comic.
    • Like x 1
  5. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Black lightning is also a central city bounty if you are on the villain side.
    • Like x 1
  6. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

I think he was speaking towards dcuo the game not in general, but it would still be wrong because cyborg was here.
    • Like x 3
  7. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Lets not forget we also have static shock, cyborg, Waller, vixen, Aqualad and Jon Stewart in game (And that guy in Age of Justice). However as a black guy im hoping if they do decide to make a dlc its not because they are simply black. I like when a story is well written and not heres a person of color/Preference/ or Woman, and thats the story. I'm all for new black characters though, especially legends we can fight with
    • Like x 3
  8. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I think there are some rich characters that they can write good stories. I am a white guy who just happens to like Black Lightning's show more than anything else on CW because it is so well written. I really enjoyed the Steel missions but not because he was black, they were just fun. Rewards on that dlc sucked though lol. I have made a lot of friends throughout the game of many different backgrounds, it would be nice to see the rich diversity come forward with awesome dlcs.
    • Like x 4
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It was DC Comics themselves that actually dubbed Black Lightning as their first black superhero. What criteria they used to decide who to bestow that title upon is unknown to me. Either way, not really the point. Can the brotha get a little spotlight???
    • Like x 2
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Cyborg's always been a little more towards the front because he's always seen in stuff that involves the Teen Titans and Trigon, and his pending "promotion" to the Justice League in "Teen Titans: Judas Contract" was because of the "Justice League" movie. Aqualad had a nice presence in the "Atlantis" DLC. Jon Stewart's had some (unfortunately minor) appearances along the way... most recently in the Oa portion of "Batcave Breach" in "Metal: Part I."

An episode centered around Black Lightning and/or Static Shock would be a welcome addition to the game... and I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment, given what I'm reading in this thread. I think it just comes down to having a story that makes sense and can be drawn from the comics and adapted appropriately.

If you want other options, I just looked at the DC Comics website... the picture of Earth 23's Kalel makes it seem like a visit to Earth 23 would be another possibility. Search the internet and you'll find a list of various East Asian heroes under the DC Comics umbrella and if a DLC story could be written around them, I'd be all for that too.

Ultimately I think what we all want is good content. If you can feature some of the less-known characters of the DC Comics universe while doing it, that is a bonus that many people will appreciate. :)
  11. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Actually the more I think about it, a Batman and the Outsiders DLC makes so much sense due to the diversity of that team. And Batman can bridge the Outsiders into the overall storyline.
  12. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I'd love to see a DLC based on Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay.

Would also love to see Static and Halo used as player liaisons in some Young Justice themed content.

Also, also, I adored seeing so much of Aqualad in Atlantis, and would love to see more of Kaldur'ahm.
  13. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

A DLC related to Young Justice's 3rd season would be awesome in my opinion, but the series isn't over yet. Black Lightning does play a fairly large role in it though, among a couple of other Black/POC characters.