BLACK FRIDAY SALE!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DC Urban Committed Player

First time in awhile I actually spent money and not my strip end monthly cash. I created a thread asking about this, because I wanted the Batman cowl, water skin, and that alien head...forgot the name. Didn't want to buy it, only for the price to fall a few days later.
  2. CriticalPilot New Player

The game just isn’t worth the money for the subscription anymore and you can see that just by looking at the LFG chat and most players have left from the Mediocre new episodes that are very cookie-cutter every time they come out. This game is only up and running because it has no competition and people like superheroes and how you can customize your character in the way they look not because the game is actually good. It’s not gonna matter what platform it’s on or how much you upgrade the game it’s the problem of the developers not have the talent or dedication to Bring us something special and Honestly they really need to get daybreak away from this game and give it to Competent development team That actually likes comic books and doesn’t want to nickel and dime the hell out of you every inch of the way.
    • Like x 1
  3. CriticalPilot New Player

Another thing that bothers me is that the game says it’s free to play but if that’s the case why the hell is there a monthly subscription to play the game that’s exactly the opposite of free to play and then you guys are still putting Micro transactions in the game Like it’s some kind a mobile video game When clearly it’s not you guys should learn something about what’s going on with EA and help people basically boycotted the new Star Wars game because of the micro transactions and all the other stuff That goes with it again if you’re going to say the game is free to play it shouldn’t have a monthly subscription fee. Some people call this game play to win I just call it a cash grab for people who love superheroes because there’s nothing else out at the moment and when there is this game is going to go down into a fiery crash.
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Are you seriously asking this? All your little rant is telling me is that you have absolutely zero business sense. Have you any idea of the cost of producing something like this? The development, the man hours, the overhead? I suggest you either take a business class or open up a business and run it completely for free and let me know how you make out and maybe, just maybe, you'll get it. I mean, really?
    • Like x 3
  5. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

*sigh*, you're atrocious grammar aside, do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? "there(sic) hoping most people don't pay attention to it...". Who's fault is that? It's right there in plain English. "Tis the season to be saving! DCUO's Black Friday sale is here and it's big. Head to the in-game Marketplace this Friday, where most marketplace items are up to 50% off. " If reading comprehension is a problem with some people, that's their problem not Mepps or DBG.
    • Like x 2
  6. Sooner Well-Known Player

And some just put a list up that says if the original price is X, you get Y off. If they did that then everyone would complain that they would actually have to do math and subtract Y from X to see what they have to pay. :p
  7. Sooner Well-Known Player

AND people complain that Daybreak is greedy. They have a sale and now the complaints come in that the sale isn't on what you want. :)
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Cause those are the only useful items that most of the end tier population buys. They put their styles behind time capsules, which you need stabilizers for. If they actually did what we all have been begging them to do and put styles directly on the marketplace, they wouldn't hear a peep out of me. Otherwise to me personally, everything except replays and stabilizers are worthless.
    • Like x 2
  9. theGfacekillah New Player

Tell me a physical store that list the price of every item that is on sale in every marketing ad they use to promote the sale. Yeah prices are label inside the store but you have to go look in the actual store or look an item up via their online store if they have one... how is having to log and look though the marketplace in game any different then that...

I really just like to know how anyone actually view things like this as a big problem. Y'all just trippin because y'all feel entitled to be lazy
    • Like x 1
  10. theGfacekillah New Player

And how is giving a discount on an item screwing people over i mean really a one percent discount (as useless as everyone would see) is still leaving anyone who buys that item during a sell paying less normal
    • Like x 1
  11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

It's different because when you go into a real store, or an online one, and look at the SALE items, they usually list the normal price as well as the sale price. Both prices are usually included in any promotional literature (or at the very least, it will tell you that "Item X" is reduced by 33% or whatever. In fact, in many countries, this information is a legal requirement.

In the MP, you can only see the current price, so unless you have all the normal prices memorised (or written down), or can leave the game and find them somewhere online, then you can't compare prices to see how much discount you're getting. And the promotional material only says that "most items" are reduced by "up to" 50%. So again there is no information in the MP regarding the exact price reduction for specific items. Only a vague statement that "some of them are reduced by an unspecified amount".

So what people are asking for is enough information to decide which items represent the best "saving vs usefulness" ratio to them.
    • Like x 2
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

*Your

not you're

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    • Like x 3
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Touche. Tired but no excuses.
    • Like x 2
  14. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Uh, yes they do. All the time. Retail ads might say, "up to 30% off of selected items". I mean, really?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Awaiting my membership to process (pending cc) but as of yesterday I can't purchase anything from marketplace - preview works fine but buy is not lit up/can't be clicked on.
  16. Sooner Well-Known Player

You don't have to complain about it though. Come on about 99% of the things on sale for Black Friday nationwide is just junk for me, and it's not worth complaining about. :)
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Right, people who pay for a product aren't allowed to show their dissatisfaction for it.

If the world operated with your mindset, nothing would ever improve lol.
  18. Sooner Well-Known Player

BUT when you go into an actual store in the mall when you may only go there once in a few years, that's one thing, but the MP is a regular thing that most people already know the average price of the items that are consumers of the game.
    • Like x 1
  19. Sooner Well-Known Player

I thought you quit again. :)
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.