bitter winds isnt granting shields...

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by xskateXX, Sep 19, 2014.

1. xskateXX Well-Known Player

im using bitter winds with full t6 gear full moded and the shield instantly break
    its still cause the CC to the mobs but i get full damage when using it
    • Like x 5
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

That may explain a few things. My rotation has been a bit more power heavy lately due to having to use shatter restraints more to keep myself alive between bitter winds and reflect. I'll have to look into this. How did you determine it was breaking?
  3. Peach4saints Committed Player

having the same problem as well, so glad I'm not the only one
  4. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

It's never really been a great shield anyways.
  5. xskateXX Well-Known Player

bassicly
    everytime you take damage after u pop ur shield it means it break
  6. Avian Dedicated Player

I have had this problem for a while now. At first it semed like the shield would be negated if I was hit by a CC effect when casting it e.g. knockback, stun and whatever there is but sometimes it doesn't shield me even if I'm just getting hit by regular melee attacks when I cast it.
  7. xskateXX Well-Known Player

nope, even without getting any cc its just instantly break
  8. TheRevealerOfThots New Player

Its true I just tested it the shield doesn't work.
  9. Little MD Well-Known Player

been this way for a while. BW successfully CC's mobs, but there isn't damage absorption at all. Devs should really look into this, it's one of the stronger shields on my loadout.
    • Like x 1
  10. xskateXX Well-Known Player

After some test
    i figured that not the only shield that break instantly
    HL shield aswell,
    if u get hit (which you obviously will get hit)
    while u puting the shield it will cast out immediatly
  11. Sir Arcanium New Player

Welcome to how healer shields feel lol.. breaking before your done casting it =p That said I don't think a tanks shields should be like that. Is BW working that way in both roles? I know most of ice's shields work in both roles, even if they are weaker.
  12. xskateXX Well-Known Player

In dps role it wont stand one second so i cant know.
  13. XBlue Well-Known Player

HL Shield works with Resto, not with Dominance. That's why it breaks faster, when Tanks using it ;) More Dom = Harder Shields!
  14. Ciphey Well-Known Player

Quoted for truth. There is no problem keeping aggro, but a lot of problems having BW do what the power tree says it is supposed to do-absorb dmg.
  15. Ciphey Well-Known Player

Bump. Why even give us this power if it is broken? It does not shield, unlike the shield Earth has or even the healer shields.
  16. Little MD Well-Known Player

Any news on this? Ice isn't unworkable without it, but sure would be nice to have it work.