Bezz's Lazy Sorcery Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Anti Bezz, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Anti Bezz New Player

People on the forums keep asking for load outs dps and healer on the forums since the revamp, so my lazy guide is basically not be going out my way to type up everything that Nova typed up. So if your looking for all the names and what the powers do go here https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/novas-magic-mastery-guide-to-sorcery.347/

That will explain all that junk. All my guide is going to be is what I have found best for PvE Nex/Dox dps/healer.

I use the same six DoT loadout in both T5 raids.

Soul Well - Circle of Destruction - Final Ruin - Soul Siphon - Shard of Life - Weapon of Destiny/Phase Dodge
    Utility belt has Supply Drop - Cola/Karmic Hex - Might Trinket - Boo Jr./Deep Sea Enchanter (Vit one for power back)

I start with Soul Well always, and keep putting them up as they are available.
    Next is Soul Siphon to put bad karma in the adds/boss etc.
    Next is Shard of Life for it's aoe DoT and 50% modifier.
    Circle of Destruction next.
    Final Ruin x2
    Shard of Life
    That it. At the moment I am using One Hand until I get a Rifle.

For healer stance speed feat solo heal Dox I used:

Soul Well - Circle of Protection - Transcendence - Offering - Rejuvenate - Boon of Souls
    Utility belt has Supply Drop - Restoration Trinket - Boo Jr. - Deep Sea Enchanter (Vit one for power back)

This loud out I pretty much kept Soul Wells up, CoP on the tank always, and used Offering when the tank needed an extra burst heal and multiple people were low on health.

A loud out I want to try next time I solo heal is the exact same loud out but I want to trade Transcendence with Shard of Life as an extra HoT for the tank.

A few powers you should know about is Transmutation. It does good damage yes, but for my specific load out it drops my dps down and doesn't help it. For lower content I would agree with using it as it would be great to have.

If people want to know what I use for PvP can just ask I'll add it in.

Now you know why it's a lazy guide, cause I don't want to use my time typing up a lot of info you can find within Nova's guide. The only new thing you really should know about is the advantage of Shard of Life in both stances, how Offering is a beast in healer stance without damaging yourself now, and how the Watcher is complete trash and I personally don't think he should be used in any PvE content, but that's just me lol. Hope this helped anyone looking for a good loud out that can top charts. Just get used to it.

PS: I don't spec full might. I'm 3k+ might and 1400+ precision.
    • Like x 1
  2. thenewkidd New Player

Very interesting guide.. unfortunately the only weapons I have from Dox are Hand Blasters and DW... neither my weapons of choice... I hate them both as I can do more damage with my 85 staff than those two 88 weapons I have...

Alas this isn't a whine post but more of a few questions..

Why do people jump clip Final Ruin?
    You will not get the 50% damage buff if you do that.. just curious what the advantage is to that.

Other than that... My loadout seems the same but I seem to be about 2 mil below the top DPS by the time either raid is said and done...
    Maybe I suck.. I don't know.. but I clip like crazy and don't seem to get the same damage I see on the updated Sorc Vids..

Like I have said before... Before the GU32... we did a Gates run where I top DPS'd and the next lowest DPS below my was about 100K less... and it took about 27 or so minutes... after GU32 took the same group and we did it in 21 minutes.. So I see a buff in numbers and time... but in Dox or Nexus... I still seem to be doing the same damage as before... just more power being used because I can clip faster.

ETA:
    My might Damage is about 3100 base (without Trinkets and things) and 1200 Prec.
  3. Anti Bezz New Player

o_O I didn't know I mentioned anything about FR jump cancel, but there is a 10% critical ability chance the second you use FR, so most people could be after that. For FR personally I see it as a waste, cause it last only .25 seconds lol.

Any weapon can be used for my loadout, I just atm until I get an 88 Rifle abuse 1Hand lol.
    My honest opinion DW is trash on multi adds, so I would salvage those if you did put them in dps :p
    My personal damage still shines and like I said in a different post about Final Ruin it is amazing. Hit a 6k and 4 back to back 4k crits in Nexus last night. I don't know if it's something special I'm doing, but it works wonders for me, and is my burst attack. My personal loadout for Nex/Dox is just DoT stacking and burn down with FR. Simple tactics that anyone can use. For lower content and T4 below raids I would suggest using Transmutation and maybe something else like a pet instead of Soul Siphon if adds are being burned to fast to setup PI's.
  4. Delta795 New Player

I don't use soul wells in Dox/Nex because boss fights they are useless IMO
    do you use different load outs for hallways and boss fights?

I normally use COP, Boon, Rejuv, Offering, IoR & watcher.
    I know the watcher does die in boss fights but when he's up he's a healing mutha.
  5. Anti Bezz New Player

No I use the same loadout.
    I use it as a HoT.
    However you see it solo heal Dox Ravenger hits HARD lol, and Sorcery doesn't have much of aoe heals since I don't use IoR. I will say though if I don't see SW being useful my loadout will be:
    IoR - CoP - SoL - Off - Rejuv - BoS
    Just thinking now that loadout would work faily well in Dox/Nex. Might give it a whirl later tonight and let you guys know how it works
    • Like x 1
  6. thenewkidd New Player

No.. YOU didn't mention anything about Jump Cancelling FR (It was in a few vids I saw and a post of another person's).. I was only asking because you might have known the reason :)

Aw well.. Yes.. DW is pretty useless in Nexus and Dox.. I will probably just keep them for solo stuff and Wasteland stuff only as they are pretty nice for single target killing (as long as I can melee them)..

I guess I have to learn Hand Blasters for now... (GOD I hate those)..... but they are better than DW.

As for your damage out.. it's amazing what I read... I haven't ever EVER got 6K with FR... and you have less might than me..

Well anyway.. tanks for your time in trying to help me... I guess I just need to practice more...
  7. Anti Bezz New Player

Once my friend makes my m/p5x mod I'll be around 3100+ also, just I don't know what to say. For me atleast when your just burning in Nex/Dox your numbers get super good lol. Only time I just hit beast like that is for th emost part in T5 raids with 5-6k crits. In lower content I do get the usual 4k but a lot more 3k also. So far for PvP my biggest hit was a little over 4k and I got that last night doing 2s.
  8. Anti Bezz New Player

So ran both Nex as a heal and Dox as a Dps and from my discoveries:
    SoL is amazing. No more need for a SC in my loudout unless I do get tired of SW. I like it SW, but idk at times honestly.
    Final Ruin in Dox still hitting the regular 4k+ and a new 6930 crit on Opp.

Hope you get the same crits newkidd.
    • Like x 1
  9. Vinny Tireshine New Player

Yes, I am in dire need of a good pvp healer loadout. Outside of CoP, I am totally lost
  10. Anti Bezz New Player

SW - Just cause it grats crit chance for group
    CoP - Obviously
    Trancendance - SC
    Rejuvenate - Single target heal
    Offering - Is a nice 4 man HoT
    Watcher - Duh for PvP, also gets power back when you use Offering

What I use, but it's just me, you can do whatever works best for you.
    • Like x 1
  11. VengeanceReturns New Player

Interesting loadouts. Notice none of you guys are using boon of souls in any of the loadout listed above , why is that? Also, may have to start using offering to get those hot type of heals. Can it be good for 8 man groups?
  12. Anti Bezz New Player

BoS is a solo type of power imo, or for just PvP also. (Dps perspective)
    When I solo content like alerts I que into and people are leaving I put m Healer hands on (Rgenerative Shield HT mod) and my loadout is: BoS - CoD - FR - Guardian - SoL - WoD Just works for me.

Offering in heal stance is only 4 people at once, but with SW up and CoP up as well it is easier to keep everyone healed. BoS also grants the shield to the least healed players in the group, so just heal smart and their shouldn't be any worries.
  13. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Lazy sorcery guide for healers: Put down a circle. TADA!!!
    • Like x 2
  14. thenewkidd New Player

Here is the thing about BoS... It was really only a "clipping" power... the fact that it was a shield was sort of a bonus... now that WOD clips.. we really don't need B0s (it's only a 35% damage buff and clipping with that hurt DPS.. clipping with WOD is MUCH better now)..

I try and keep my loadout with as many 50% buffs as possible with the exception to SW.. but WOD clips that so nicely I never really have to keep that 35% buff and clips right into a 45%...

Sometimes I will clip with WOD throw a 50% (FR or SoL) and then use my WOD.. and I get the extra 5% on my damage (it's more for warm fuzzies that I get 50% than actual extra damage).

As for Offering.... if you keep your Red Soul Aura... it grants a bit of protection and CLIPS EVERYTHING!... Tried it in a DPS loadout... and it's not bad.. but only about as useful as BoS was.... at least Offering is a 50% buff over BoS's 35%.
  15. RSL New Player

disappoint.

i thought this was going to be a guide for those lazy sorcery healers who only cast a heal circle then try to dps.
  16. RSL New Player

oh wait... there it was :D
    • Like x 1
  17. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

;)
    • Like x 1
  18. winter13 New Player

That's the loadout I use for dox. If the group seems overly squishy, or power is weak, I'll swap out sol for transcendance for those oh ish moments.
    • Like x 1
  19. Skyfall New Player

20. Delta795 New Player

I mainly use it for damage mitigation but it's also a self heal which is a plus. Lastly it's a clipping power
    So for example if you want to drop a quick circle, but not so long animation you go COP clipped with BOON.

You can take it further if you want for like a full group heal you can go rejuv to grant GSA clip with offering for 4 man burst
    clip with boon for self heal and 4 man shield then clip with IoR for 3 ticks then OMG group heal. As you are protected by your shield
    and if somewhat situationally aware almost nothing will die no matter what's hitting them (one sots aside) and you can pull this off very quickly.