Better Power (DPS)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Eranthis, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Eranthis New Player

What is better a Mental Dps or A Nature Dps ? because im changing my troll to a dps and i wanna pick out of those two powers and please tell me the load out i should use i you comment :oops:
  2. Delta795 New Player

Why change? You can simply start gearing your alt role and respec whenever you want to switch.
  3. ToySoldier13 New Player

Standard cop out answer - "it isn't the power, it is the player"

Real answer - Mental, far more options than nature for DPS. Mass Terror into Phantom Flames is all you really need, although the 60%ers are nice with the Enduring Damage mod and Menace is a neat weapon buff. Play with them at a sparring dummy and see what you like/what does the best damage to power to time.
  4. Singlemaltkiller New Player

both are extremely strong in damage. Where you are already controller, I would recommend mental and go with an entirely terror based load out. Though you already have a mental character so if you are talking about your gadget character I would say go with nature (why run 2 characters with the same powerset).
  5. Singlemaltkiller New Player

Maybe they don't like the damage options for their set. I know I have used characters in every powerset except Earth. Mental and nature are the ones I am most comfortable running in damage, they fit my style best.
  6. inferno Loyal Player

Just to better understand. Why use phantasm flames instead of pyrokinesis? I went to a sparring bot and looked at the damage output of both powers. Even though they deal out the same 45% damage and number of ticks, the phantasm flames were dealing out half the damage of pyrokinesis, even with mass terror as an intro.
  7. Singlemaltkiller New Player

the PI for the initial hit is greater and if you run menace the hits are greater still. Plus PF hits up to 8 targets at once, PK hits 1 unless you are hitting an encased enemy. Also I have found that if you run an entirely illusion based load out you can't put anything into the TK tree unless you do away with iconics. The loadout I run is Menace, Psychic Shock, Phantom Flames, Mass Terror, terrorize, and reflect pain (mainly because Tala 1 shotted me too many times as I hit mass hysteria). I hit Menace, Mass terror, shock, flames, terror again and weapon till menace wears off (while keeping RP active as much as possible). When the boss starts flashing I change to a rotation of Menace, MT, Terrorize, terrorize... until menace and mass terror wears off and I restart that.
  8. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Pyro is single target, flames is four. Through if you want a four target attack i'd recommend psy. Shock as it does all the damage up front and can be more effective in single target as well. Flames is useless if there is a fire tank, fire dps, gadget controller, gadget dps, or mental controller. Small burst damage on four enemies and then being overridden.
  9. inferno Loyal Player

great info. thanks for the replies
  10. Laff Riot New Player

I think both are great. But my question is to the OP, are you ever going back to controller? Or are you just looking to DPS? If you are NEVER going to troll again you should maybe think about nature. Then you can also grab healer gear to get more feats done to get more SP to help you increase your stats. Thats just a suggestion. But either way you can not lose. I have seen both do great.
  11. Eranthis New Player

No i actully if i change to dps i wanna STAY dps thats why i said nature or mental ?
  12. recespieces31 New Player

*gasp* Someone changing to a DD? That's unheard of...I am glad you decided to change from a Controller to a DD because we have a giant overabundance of Controllers and very few DD's in-game
  13. Eranthis New Player

Its a alt so its not like ima be on it 24/7 ok ? lol :D & i understand but in my point of view ... i speak for myself by the way so anyways i believe controllers get the blame if people die , dont give heals or tank powers so its alot of pressure 1 is enough for me ! :] so im switching to dps
  14. Kroye Loyal Player

I would do this - go mental, but keep your controller gear in the bank so your CR benefits. That will allow you to gear up quicker by having access to higher tier content.
  15. recespieces31 New Player

It was nothing personal against you...I just find it funny that when someone says they are swtiching, it usually entails them swtiching from a support role to a DD
  16. Mr. Ninjafeet Active Player

Well, if your main is a tank you really have to be a fully-stocked dps to get any play beyond the hardest content!
  17. Eranthis New Player

Great suggestion !!!
  18. Kroye Loyal Player

I've played Healer and Controller since launch. There are times that the Damage role is a fun change once in a while. I don't normally switch powersets though. If anything, I just roll up an alt. Gear and skill points are stupidly easy to come by nowadays, I'd personally rather not switch roles.

I can see that being an issue for Premium players, but is an addittional character slot more expensive than a respec token?
  19. Eranthis New Player

Dam I Reallly Wanted to become a nature dps O ____ O LOL I never tryed out nature