Dev Discussion Better Membership

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

- Replay badges or daybreak cash as well as stabilizer(s). Those are the first two (well technically three but you know what I mean) that come to mind.
    - Style unlocking? For members either make all styles available for unlock with replay badges or keep the current format for style unlocking but make them not cost replay badges?
    - With all the complaints I read about pvp, what about making those styles available? Not the armor but the styles. I mean I already have them and haven’t done pvp in years, but maybe other people would want the styles without suffering through, what I get the impression, is not so much fun anymore?
    - 1 or 2 bonus sized, member specific base themes? I mean I guess we already have a couple of those but I’m throwing out ideas as they come to me.
    - Stuff that was limited time only, put that somewhere that only members can access. A vendor or bank or something. Make them account bound and non tradable. Maybe still costing some form of currency (quarks, source marks, whatever). I realize this violates the integrity of limited time only. Also, a big part of me wants to respect the definition of “limited time only”, but an equally big part of me feels for those players not lucky as we are.

I’ve got a couple more ideas and as soon as I can find a way to spin it into being a reward for members I will post.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

One thing that is not on the table right now is changing the price of membership.
    • Like x 13
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No offense, but how is losing something you POTENTIALLY invested a lot of money in (buying eps as a premium) a big win. Again, members go in knowing that on day 30 or a year +1 day, you lose everything you paid for during the sub. Thats the deal when you sign up for member vs buying things permanently. Removal of the eps in membership but making them free for everyone doesn't really change anything for members as hey...if it's a big loss to them...they can stop subbing and go premium. Most will not because of the other benefits they get and likewise pay for.

A premium player who spent 100's of dollars to buy the eps for the sole reason of getting permanent access to those eps is actually losing some of their investment. Now true, if you bought your episodes long ago, it's not a huge loss...you've had years to take advantage of the benefits, but Legion was for sale...Wonderverse for sale....Ultimate Edition and Episode packs 1-4 are STILL for sale...Ultimate bringing a few more things to the table like powers and lair stuff, but the bulk of that $80 is for episode access.

This also begs the question...why are these things still for sale? Much like they gave out FP for free, knowing that all eps would be free soon, they should pull these items out of Steam and Console MPs so people don't continue to pour their money down the toilet if they are unaware of the coming change.

Premiums should really get those purchased DLCs credited back in some way....maybe a 'loyalty point' payment, or some kind of conversion to a few more toon slots, inventory or whatever. Not a ton...and not equal to the spend, but something as you did make a permanent investment that's now worth bubkis.
    • Like x 5
  4. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Remove the seals of completion and seals of preservation from the game for legendary subscribers, maximum capacity on Bank and inventory, this way DCUO will:

1:Not be anymore the most absurd expensive game on the market. -yes it is actually you have to pay for artefacts you have to pay for top augments
    2:Not be anymore one of the biggest pay2win on the market
    3:Not be anymore the most fustrating game where you can be premium but still have to spend a ton of money to get the best stats.

Thanks
  5. Swamarian Committed Player

I like the idea of a Seal of Completion a month.

Please do something with the Promethium lockboxes. How about old stabilizer styles? (Maybe 2 behind the current one?) And you know those collections in TCs that are impossible to complete? Add the prizes as an account bound item. Again, for old time capsules.
    • Like x 1
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

Here's my suggestions:
    1) 5 skill points/month
    2) Enter in any content without form a group (LPVE included)
    3) All stats increased in 5%
    4) 1 Token/month
    5) 1,000,000 cash/month
    6) LPVE rewards increased in 2x
    7) PvP rewards increased in 2x
    8) 1 or 2 stabilizers/month
    9) Source Marks rewards increased in 2x
    10) 1 Seal of Completion
  7. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Have to say, I expected better suggestions from the community. I'm sincerely surprised considering all the vitriolic "I know how to make the game better posts" we've seen, replying to suggestions threads discussing and requesting features and improvements, over the years.

Most of these suggestions amount to free marks and free stuff. I don't think anyone actually asked themselves if they'd sub and pay $15/mo for more marks or free stuff. I wouldn't. I doubt most people would even if the value works out. Discounts, and bonuses don't get people excited to play (or pay).

I expect new systems and features [that we've been asking for for years] for my subscription. It's make it or break it time Dev team. <3
  8. zNot Loyal Player

„I expect new systems and features“ wow nice feedback!!
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

1) No, that's literally pay to win.
    2) Everyone assume that the feature they talk about is that.
    3) Alright.
    5) Isn't economy broken enough???
    6) Bonus Weeks...
    7) Alright.
    8) Agreed.
    9) Source Marks needs to be granted in all content for members. Not doubled, but just let us earn it everywhere instead of limiting us.
    10) Agreed.
    • Like x 5
  10. inferno Loyal Player

I am a subscriber and also a premium in my other account. I bought 85% of the DLCs offered in the past and as you pointed, I do feel that the money I spent to buy them has been well used. Honestly speaking since they offered the free preview of the DLCs, I stopped buying them and it has worked out well, even better when they offered open episodes all the way up to the last DLC. You may have bought all DLCs offered but I don't think all premium members bought them all. I don't want to speculate what percentage of our premium members even have all or 80% or 50% of the DLCs bought. I have been playing with people who only started playing 2017 or 2018. Regardless of the argument of how many DLCs a member bought or how much they just lost that investment; that's not really the question here.

We are talking about future episodes now being freely given to all players. That's a huge benefit for premium and free members because you don't have to spend anymore on DLC access and the gear, styles and challenge of new instances. It's not just a preview and you won't loose access after 3 or 4 months.

So the big difference is that from this point on, premium members get the benefit of the DLC being free and Subscribers loose a major perk of subscription.
  11. inferno Loyal Player

I completely misread that the first time I quickly glimpsed at it. Misreading the word "not" into "now".
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Paying member here, off and on since slightly after launch. Since episodes are free now, the only thing keeping me subbed will be no cash cap. I hate the broker/ economy so losing that may not be a big deal. Maybe its escrow token time or whatever. But either way, things that would make me continue to sub:

Seal of completion monthly
    3 seals of preservation
    Maxed bank/shared bank/ inventory
    Updated promethiums would be excellent
    3 opened tcs and can leave the stab setup as is
    Update the vault/ add something extra? Maybe bigger chunk of nth
    I don't hate the 75k chunk of nth idea either but could live with a 2 pack of detectors.
    At least double the mp cash

That's all from me. I will be honest, the open access and cash cap are my biggest reasons for staying subbed for sure but there is a decent value to what we are receiving so I'm seeing some ideas that are a tad over the top. And lastly, maybe doing a 3 month sub gets you an armory or something that entices players to buy a few months at a time vs just a few dollars off. Obviously the money we save could be used to buy an armory but then we're paying the same as we would monthly.
    • Like x 2
  13. AncientSpirit Active Player

Be real nice to be able to move items from base to guild, and from guild to base.
    1 or more Seals of Completion
    The ability to transfer different currencies into shards, coupled with the ability to use shards to pay for anything in the game (except things that require quarks)
  14. Swamarian Committed Player

What would you like to see?
    Here's an example. An item that lets you use one ability from a different power set. Fire based and want a Circle of Protection? No problem with this gadget.
    • Like x 1
  15. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

I'm surprised at how many people are responding to this thread about membership changes with in game changes.
    People need to realize that adding a new feature or changing actual game code and not variable values is not in the scope of this thread. it's not make it or break it for the Dev Team. They are not the ones that will be making most of the changes here, it's going to be administrative decisions and very little impact on actually game code.

Sure the Devs are the ones that are going to change the code values in regards to changing rewards, grants, discounts, reducing penalties etc that are being asked for. But making a one time change in the game is not a recurring membership perk. Please recognize what you are asking for and what is being asked of you and make sure they are relatable to each other. Ie, find a round peg to the round hole instead of presenting a square and thinking it fits the round hole.
    • Like x 7
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No one is arguing that membership now has one thing less as part of the 'includes' list. But as I pointed out...membership was always temporary...every month or every year, you knew your money was going down the tubes as soon as the sub was over. And you always have the option to convert to premium if you personally believed that the included eps was a major portion of that benefit. Not so much someone who weighed the options and decided permanent ownership was worth the 10 bucks or whatever and bought the ep. Again, mainly this pertains to newer purchasers as it could be argued that someone who bought Battle for Earth or whatever has gotten 8 or more years worth of use out of it.

Also, very likely the included episode benefit loss will be replaced by some other member perk...Mepps pretty much made that point in his original message. All I was saying that maybe something could be done for premium ep owners for the same reason. One toon slot or one line of inventory space per DLC or whatever doesn't seem out of whack for someone who has spent 100's of dollars on the game.

Anyhoo, it's neither here nor there to the membership benefit changes....Which was the topic. Maybe I'll start another following up on the 'premium' ep owners.
  17. Apollonia Dedicated Player

The scope of the thread is; "what would add value to memberships for you? What would you like?"

Everyone's mileage will vary.

I made a number of suggestions on page5. :)
  18. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

I think you are misunderstanding what I am pointing out here. People are not distinguishing between a one time game change and a recurring membership perk. Why would someone continue to pay for a membership when a requested game update was added and the work was done. There is no incentive to continue paying after that.

On top of that, why would the dev team alter game balance just for members? That type of move would certainly backfire by discouraging new players from playing the game instead of being a lure to pay for membership. Paying for exclusive abilities / gear creates an unfair advantage for others where there is no way to compete without paying.

By all means throw out any little request your heart desires, but please be aware that you're just making off topic posts with anything off topic / theme of the thread.
    • Like x 8
  19. AncientSpirit Active Player

Try to think of this thread as brainstorming. There are no wrong answers. Just idea generation, so the more the merrier.

Keep in mind, two things:

1) The devs decide which ideas are "good or bad" or "doable or not doable" so no need to restrict anyone's thhinking.

2) As in all brainstorming sessions, someone can offer the world's worst idea -- not remotely possible -- but it may trigger other ideas for and from the Devs, that are desired and doable. Our job? Just get ideas out their. Their job? Decide how they're going to upgrade membership.

I eagerly await what they ultimately come up with.
    • Like x 2
  20. inferno Loyal Player

Yes, I agree with you. Even in my Reply to Proxystar's original comment, I stated that premium membership should be looked into and also changed and upgraded.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.