Dev Discussion Better Membership

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RestoreTheSnyderVerse New Player

Since episodes are being free and that served to be a major reason why people subscribed in the in first place. One thing that would make the membership worth it would be if members could have a recued loot lock between all instances because multiple days is significantly long. If we are paying for the content then we should be available to enjoy it as much to our needs, it is a simple request and maybe just think about shortening the lock time. instead of paying even more money on replay badges.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Actually the idea of 2 weekly resets that excludes the most recent DLC isn't a terrible idea.
    • Like x 3
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

What do you mean your membership benefits weren't granted?
  4. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

He mentions this in another thread - took a few months away from the game and didn't get the benefits that you have to log in to collect. Came back expecting months of accumulated MP cash, etc... and didn't get it.
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Ah ok, that's what I was assuming but wanted to make sure. Thanks.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It might still be worth a support ticket. If they can see in the log you created a toon, advanced it and deleted it all a very short period of time, they might take pity on you and do something.

Otherwise there is the restore option...$5 restore + $10 for a movement change token gets you there and $15 is cheaper than $45.

And if by 'room' you mean your lair or base...yes, they are fully customizable. You don't need to spend any money per-se as you will get a small scale base for free, to use the bigger sized bases you need to be a member or have the lair pack/gear up bundle...both of which do cost money. Also, to accumulate a good assortment of items for your base, you will either need to put in some grind time, or use the broker/trade to get the things you need. There are some awesome base decorators in here, so search for 'base tour' and see what can be done if you put your mind/time into it. I do neither, so my bases look like poop.

Sorry for the off topic....thought it deserved a reply.
  7. Violette Crescendo New Player

My Members Only requests -
    • 1 Stabilizer per day
    • 1 Seal of Completion per month
    • Access to new episodes BEFORE FTP players - a couple of weeks at least.
    • Ability to obtain Source Marks from older (or slightly older than now) content. This would be even better if coupled with CR clamping for the older content so that all in an instance were CR appropriate. (think of stabilizer event where everyone is CR 34 - Neverwinter does this for lower level content) While leveling a new toon, there was nothing more annoying to me than higher CR players blowing through lower level content. For those leveling up, they'll never learn their roles if they're not allowed to DO their roles. Some of the earlier episodes were amazing and challenging & would be FUN to revisit again - and the source marks would be a bonus.
    Thank you.

Violette (Moonbeam - Electric, Ultra - Nature, Femme - Sorcery, Destiny - Celestial, Crystal - Ice, Vendetta - Mental, African - Fire)
  8. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I've thought about this a little before replying. I am genuinely curious if most other people are content with only getting existing utility items for their membership dollars? It seems to me that something 'new & unique' needs to be involved with membership in order to provide value. Otherwise, membership doesn't have any value that a 'marketplace sale' can't provide?
    • Like x 1
  9. Scars New Player

A few perks you should consider (not just membership, but over multiple areas):
    - Not having to spend replay badges for styles on your multiple toons.
    - Increasing our Marketplace Cash substantially, since you're making every DLC free to everyone.
    - Stabilizers / Seals of Completion. I don't mind grinding (I play this game, after all... but to make Seals only available by spending money whether in-game or direct purchase just comes across as money-grubbing and reinforces the notion that this game really is pay to win).
    - Source marks for old content, so that the content will become relevant to us long-term players.
    - Make all older duos/raids/alerts able to walk in, like FoS and Inner Sanctum, for example.
    - Either fix PvP to make it viable again, or just give out the feats and styles if you're not going to make PvP really playable again. PvP has been broken for years and since it doesn't seem to be economically viable for the Devs to fix it, just give those who've been paying for this game for years a worthwhile bonus.
    - Honest consideration for new powers/weapon styles.
    - The drop rates for rare items are ridiculous as are the prices in the PS/PC broker for said rare items.

This is just my opinion- honestly, any open and honest discussion into any of these suggestions or other suggestions posted would be a step in the right direction.

Also, I've been playing since 2014. I don't ever comment on here, which is why I guess it says new player under my name.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

When I said that I wasn't saying it wouldn't be nice to have some sort of new amazing feature put in the game, exclusive to members, it was rather an acknowledgment of the unlikelihood of it being ready in time.

There's numerous ideas in here that would require extensive development time, it isn't that they're bad ideas, it's that they're unlikely to be ready in time for the membership rework.

Now I admit I'm no expert when it comes to development time requirements and what time might be involved to say implement something like custom colors for powers just as one example, (cerrtainly not the only example) but I also strongly believe many people in the community equally so underestimate the amount of time it takes to develop something and implement it, I really do think sometimes some people think it's as easy as turning on a light switch...

That isn't to say don't have the ideas, it's again a realisation of the reality we're dealing with here, something that needs to be ready in say 3 months to meet a summer deadline, bearing in mind dev resources are also currently on other things as well, no doubt.

With that being the case my ideas focused mainly on things that are entirely ready already and could go tomorrow that create a tangible and demonstrable ongoing benefit to members.
    • Like x 1
  11. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I don't really see summer as a flip the switch deadline. Sure, they can announce what the membership update will be but all the perks don't necessarily need to be in place. It might be advantageous to announce the structure of the membership update and then give people a chance to join based on upcoming new member rewards. Episode 40 and the summer seasonal will carry the game into the fall. It's also entirely possible that only parts of future episodes will be free. Parts of content, future raids for example could still be locked behind membership. I just can't see value in a membership that only provides a bigger marketplace gift basket and access to escrow funds. It's a comic book game and Membership needs rewards from the DC Universe, not just rewards based on the grind structure of progress.
    • Like x 1
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

and it would be really easy to accomplish if we got 350 replays instead of 150 ;)
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Additional tangible resources for your characters mean that you can spend more personal resources in the direction of customization.

There's already pretty much a pile of "you could get it this one time ever" Style items in the game, as well as the toxic "YOU DON'T HAVE ONE SO YOU'RE TERRIBLE" ******** that come along with that sort of forced scarcity. Having those personal resources freed up to hoard or to spend on character development so you have that extra benji to drop on Booster Bundles seems like it meets both criteria, without adding more to that pile.

Also, bluntly: I'd rather have the recently-pared-down Developer staff working on "content" versus "Monthly Member's Only Jackets". The "Fight Brainiac in a Box" raid only qualifies as such because of the payout levels associated with it; I don't see permanently devoting resources to making digital Air Force Ones improving on that trend.
    • Like x 1
  14. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I don't think that member rewards should be decided based on toxicity within the community. They would be earned with loyalty by joining and staying joined. Whereas, a vanity reward from completing a challenging feat or very difficult content does promote elitism.

It would also be nice to keep RNG out of member rewards. A player knew what they are getting with Membership giving accessing new episodes. Requiring a player to use member rewards (loyalty points) to gain access to boost bundles as a member reward seems like a cruel twist.

In regard to concerns about DevTeam productivity, membership doesn't necessarily need to be only a 'monthly reward'. It would likely be better if it was a reward box for consecutive months of membership. Three or four months seems ideal? In addition or alternatively a members only episode box could also work if the episodes keep coming at the same rate. Don't forget that episodes didn't drop every month, there shouldn't be an expectation that all replacement rewards would be monthly.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I pay my membership monthly, I play daily, and inside of four short months I'll have spent an amount on subscription sufficient enough to purchase another game entirely. In a year I could buy three other games instead of subbing up and I'm here instead.

The current "thing" that we're losing for our subscription fee is "Consistent access to 400 dollars worth of individually downloadable content", $90 of which I paid for individually before subscribing, and didn't ask for back. If that's what we're losing 'exclusive access' to, I want something quantifiable, consistent, and useful in return.

Having the dev staff work on a style set for "members only"? Not my definition of quantifiable, consistent, or useful. Now, I'm not opposed to the idea of occasional perks and benefits of this sort, but we already receive a lot of this very thing both in the content itself and in the form of Time Capsules and Booster Bundles.

So... "More exclusive Style stuff for just me because I pay in" is less meaningful to me than "Stuff to equalize the fact that I run 7 alts and have already spent over 2 grand on this game, NOT COUNTING THE SUB FEE."

This is a chance to make a meaningful dent in that deficit; the change itself grants that very form of opportunity to all Free and Premium players, access to literally a decade's worth of content and all the Feats and SP gains that come with it. I'd like what we - as Subscribers, some of us long-term, who HAVE paid quite a lot in on the side - get in return to fall in the same vein.

It's the same reason why I didn't "thumbs up" the "take styles away from the freemium players" guy when it came up ten pages ago. That seems like trading what we have now for something to lord over other players, not trading it for something of a real benefit to the players involved. Again, I'll pass.
    • Like x 1
  16. AruEdu Well-Known Player

Por favor agreguen MataLeon O agarradas o Cogidas o llaves de Judo o como lo quieran llamar en las peleas cuerpo a cuerpo. y posibilidad y agreguen Personajes antiguos de DC a la historia, como Spawn o Capitan Britania, y por supuesto se hecha mucho de menos en la historia de Siglo XXXI a Star Boy. si fuera posible hagan Reset solo 1 vez por semana y agreguen la posibilidad de COMPRAR USD en el Broker... cambiandolos por la moneda de l juego
  17. Daposhon New Player

18. sheriffgoff Level 30

because i didnt login for a few months they say it was in breach of T.O.S and that you have to login every month in order to receive your member benefits like loyalty points replays even though i paid for those benefits a year in advance
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You couldn’t be more correct about the general player base’s gross misconceptions about the amount of time and work it takes the video game devs to do things. I’m actually really glad they posted that quarterly benchmark timeline as it gives me something tangible to back up my statements when I’m debating the idiots who day crap like “they could make a new power by next week if they wanted to, they’re just lazy”. Now I can say “bruh, they’re already working on two DLC’s from now and the Blue Beetle style is still six months in the making”.

As for taking those kinds of things in consideration for this thread, despite this being an open forum brainstorm, people are quite possibly doing a huge disservice to the process by suggesting things like major programming and engineering endeavors and other unrealistic crap. By that I mean, had everyone who responded with their suggestions done so with realistic parameters behind their thinking, something realistic like quarks or a free seal of completion might have been one of the overwhelming top two or three choices. But with a unrealistic crap like new powers or new exclusive animations and body styles or walk in teleporters crowding the field of suggestions, something that would and should have been a top request might get completely overlooked or dismissed as not popular thus defeating the entire purpose.
    • Like x 3
  20. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

Visual power updates while basic players get basic powers, Members get :

1.Power coloring
    2.Different Visuals for powers etc ( earth - Metal arms etc constructs) (light different constructs) (magic new effects different visual style)
    3.Character transformations (not just smoke capsule, commmon 5 years pls change/add new ones)
    4.Travel power variations unlocked and new ones, while regular members can buy them separately etc
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.