Dev Discussion Better Membership

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

Appreciate the extra thought, I'm more concerned however with the time/player experience of effectively shortening the DLC progression duration though, I think the biggest thing you've highlighted there is probably average time played.

Despite the fact it might be beneficial to a player to receive 2 free runs of content each day/week, assuming they don't simply take it away again by increasing prices, it could be equally detrimental in terms of player experience to simply have everything done in what would effectively be half the normal time. Especially if that player doesn't play alts or it makes PUGing harder when less people are playing.

I would hazard a guess people would log in less, but you're right that's a number only they might have insight on. Personally though I really couldn't see them doing this and not increasing reward cost, even if it were enough to incrementally make the benefit of little value.

Perhaps I'm too cynical, but I've seen it happen in the game before when vendor prices have simply moved upwards to maintain whatever the devs desired natural progression window is.
    • Like x 1
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Multiple free resets also allow people to be finished with the episode earlier or log in just a little each week. No matter if you have 1 alt or 31 there is plenty of time to finish off your gear before the next episode arrives without a single reset. Its not good for the game's health to allow players to finish the gear in half the time, even more when EU villain, xbox and switch can already barely stand alive mid dlc cycle.
  3. Skybreen7 Level 30

19 pages, so sorry if these have been mentioned before. Also I am no way near qualified to decide what's best for everyone, so this is just what it will take to keep me subbed.

More shared bank account spaces, I'm more than happy to purchase these on an individual toon, but provide members with extra on their account.

Shared bank account, and not like the old way off mailing credits to yourself. An actual account bank.

In update to the promethem lock boxes. Include an entire set in it. E.g. Nightwing set, Plant set etc, so I can complete these and the feats associated with them. I have more mail/repair/broker bots to last a life time, so if I have to pick a style item I already have, make it tradeable OR so I can donate to the league hall.

An update to the Vault. More styles, mix it up. 1x piece of gear is cool, but the style stuff is a waste. I finished these years ago. Update these, and make it so if we already have the style piece, donate to the league hall. Also remove the character bound lock on the Nth that drops in the Vault so I can shift it to where it will do the most good.

A membership bonus to exp gained on artifact levelling. Im not sure what would be appropriate, but something worth while, as I find this to be a big bane of the game.

The ability to invite your own toons on your account to your own league! Bloody madness that this can't happen already in a game like this...

I would like to see style unlocking to be free for members and say extra replay badges would be nice, but been realistic, these most likely won't happen as these are the things that generates profit for the company.
  4. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

ES: Es entendible que des tu opinión en español, y sí efectivamente el traductos de google es gratis. Sin embargo redacción y ortografía, permiten una mejor traducción al usar cualquier traductor. Guste o no el post es en inglés, es un post de discusión el hecho que alguien no esté de acuerdo con tu opinión no significa que sea agresivo.

EN: It is understandable if you want to show your opinion in spanish, and the google translator it is a freeware. Altough redaction and ortography, allow you a better translation to any translation engine or software. Like it or not this post is in english, it is a discussion post, the fact that someone does not agree with you does not make her/his words agressive.

About your post:
    ES:"por ejemplo, la idea de que yo sobre puse FUSIONAR todos los servidores en uno xD o hacer un servidor internacional"
    EN: fusion all the servers and not or make one internationa
    Not related to the membership itself, more la like servers + gameplay + bussiness
    ES: "Me gusto mi idea Pidiendo que poner en la posibilidad de comprobar en que parte del MAPA se encuentran tus amigos... "
    EN: "I liked mi idea asking about the posibility of checking in the map where your friends are..."
    Not related, to membership, more like gameplay

Tú también puedes usar el traductor de google, va para ambos lados.
    You can use the google translator too, is a two way street.
    • Like x 1
  5. AruEdu Well-Known Player

que pesada essssss.... que pesada con el ingles... si no sabes español aprende o usa un traductor que es un click... yo tampoco entiendo lo que dices.. antes usaba traductor pero tras leer 3 o 4 mensajes tuyos increpando a la gente ... mejor no me interesa leer lo que tienes que decir... no aportas nada... eres una persona conflictiva... chao y suerte. Proxy.
  6. Igote New Player

Ideias
    • - Nice prices for all countrys, and make tiers like bronze, silver and gold.

I'm Brazilian player and play dcuo since 2012... and man...BRL89,00 its a high price to pay in mmo, we have a FF14 and SWTOR with a nice price in the market, I pay BRL33,00 in SWTOR.

• - Upgrade the characters slots to create.
    • - Acess to all powers and give 500/1000/1500 SC
    • - Give to the Replay Badges for the tiers 150/300/500
    • - Exclusive Skins/Materials/Bundles/Bases Skins
    • - Discounts for Legendary Memberships all time
    • - To the people with have +1 character, give to low cr a gear with auto levelup, like inheritance wow gear.
    • - Extra EXP and % to the artifacts level up sistem or remove the artifacts system, many times... its frustrating dont enter in the raid beacause the low level.
    • - Loyality Sistem to membership, we can buy old hard feats, like farm rare collections in the olds dlcs, or buy things with this points.
    • - If dont remove the cash cap limit, make a Guild Funds Repair system like in SWTOR, one % of the cash go to funds to repair armor.
    • Like x 1
  7. Magnificent Loyal Player

You may well be right. I like it because it's content-related so it's closer to an apples-to-apples type of trade and my hope is that such an endeavor would spur more content/reasons to play longer (sometimes my optimism gets the better of me).

Still, they wanted ideas so ideas they got ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

it could put a proper traslation and aurdio to non english speaker .it could add a material every month, get an iconic material or style from every dlc
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Let me send unopened gear to my alts. So that I can level them up quick and be able to provide support for my league on demand.

That would be huge boon. it might even entice me to invest in more artifacts.

The fact that cr skip tokens exists negates the idea that boosting alts is unhealthy. I think most people who want competent alts are veterans and a lot of Subscribers are veterans.

If you don't want to let us mail our gear over, then make it so subscribers can queue with a group for content above their current cr provided you have one character that met the threshold.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

But we DO know that it wasn't a huge draw to membership. How do we know? Because besides the 1-3 months a year we normally get for 'free eps' (where subs don't bail in droves), this last year+ now we've had them and obviously they are not hemmoraging memberships otherwise we wouldn't see the change being implemented. I'd wager that they know the EXACT sub numbers. If since Mar 2020 they saw a steep decline in subs, especially if there is a feedback like "because of free eps...not worth it" given, they'd be going back to normal...not the other way around. If it were one of the big draws (like cash cap + 14$ worth of included Loyalty/Replays/Stabilizers), people would have un-subbed last March when the eps went free. Even more because of the 'rona...people were tightening their belts anyway....loss of a major sub factor would have been just the excuse needed to drop the sub for a while. I know I thought about it....then thought "but losing the other stuff is not worth it"...so I stayed subbed, most people I know did. This is not true of the other benefits. If you pull Loyalty out of the sub, that's 100% worth $5....150 replays, worth $5....extra stabilizers, worth $4....access to cash...$?....but at least worth 1 escrow token, which is also $5. If you are a heavy user, its worth $20 cause you'd buy an escrow token each week....or *gasp* stay subbed.

Add to that that a lot of endgame players have no interest in old content (the queues tell us that), so for many loss of old ep access is a moot point as they don't go in there. I think AQS will make it more attractive though, and that is coming (in some form).

It's a loss to the sub for sure. Worth more than an additional $5 of DBC/Loyalty or a SOC or a few Stabilizers? Doubtful for most. I'd be shocked to see if we get any more that what equates to 5-7$ worth of 'value' added in the change. Not that I'm complaining about that...just being realistic. Some of the suggestions in this thread equate to up to $30 worth a month....or more, and I'm no accountant, but giving out $40 worth of sellable goods for $15(or $10 for annual) is not workable. You might get a few more subs as result, but you are losing many other micro transactions in the process....likely more than the $15/$10 a month gained. Think of it like a playground see-saw. If the 2 kids on there are equally matched it stays flat. If one kid was 10 lbs lighter you wouldn't throw 100 lbs on his side to even it out.....the other kid would be in orbit.

And TC goods in the broker is not a good gauge of TC sales data. With the ability to farm free accounts you can open 100's if not 1000's of TCs a month for free. Now...I'd guess they sell a lot of TCs/Stabilizers, but I'd wager a lot of that stock is from free ones too. A better gauge would be inspecting a random pool of players. How many have 200 artis? Well each one of those is likely $10 worth of SOCs...probably more like $15. Likely many are also $10-$20 worth of Nth as well. There are NO free seals in game outside of the 2-3 USOC we get a year(if you buy them with loyalty and are NOT lifetime...yes...you are paying for them) and Nth is finite, although could be bought for in game cash or farmed efficiently. I know if I inspect most players I see at least 1 200 Arti, if not 3...and if there are 3, there are likely 1-3 more for the role...maybe some more in inventory too.

Maintain a balance...
    [IMG]
  11. MisterTeapot New Player

One of the things I've noticed about popular/profitable FTP games is that they almost always provide the illusion that with enough time, an FTP player can acheive the same power level as a paying player. I say illusion, because for the most part this is not actually possible within the constraits of a human lifespan, but it is there nevertheless. So having things like lair/belt system as a paid (in fact rented) mechanic right now is one of the main reasons I can't easily recommend this game. Hell even just the generator mods, you're looking at 20 equippable item slots... for me that puts it squarely in the pay to win category which will drive a lot of these new users away. I think it's absolutely fine that FTP/Premium players are essentially locked out of the broker/style/collection/replay system, but all core game mechanics need to be accessible to everyone.

As for membership, I've read a ton of things like: more replays, more catalysts, more seals etc etc etc, but realistically this could be addressed with one significant change -- baseline of membership should be $15 worth of marketplace cash. You pay $15 a month, you immediately have $15 in raw currency to do with as you wish. Bonus replays and such should be on top of this to incentivize subscription, but that fundamental shift I think will be crucial going forward.

Best of luck to you guys, I don't envy you but I most certainly applaud you. Takes some serious guts to make a huge change to the model like this, but I think ultimately it will pay off in the end.
    • Like x 2
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

Is there really that little interest or is it fed by the firewall of not enough people queueing? Not long ago I PUG'd the STAR Labs Alert. Granted, it was a Friday night back last Spring, but six month earlier and that would have been impossible. Just going to open episodes over the last year has had a positive impact on queues for older content.

A big problem is that we too often think these things must be a binary choice: either it happens or it doesn't. We don't stop to consider refinement.

For instance, what if the 2nd reset works for all but the latest DLC? Combine that with the proposed member-only ability to self-queue themselves and under-sized groups and now you've got a reset specifically for them to use on an extra attempt at going back for old feats, Renown, attempting rare style drops, rare collection drops, that ***********ing rare trinket drop from ZooE, just doing old content for gits & shiggles, etc. This then keeps the player playing longer by giving them more to do without interfering with DLC progression rates.
    • Like x 4
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Potentially, if it were a reset on 'non current' content, but now you are talking about making things even more complicated. Not that it can't be done, but yeah...probably not by summer. It would however address the issue of running down the current DLC too soon, which would make it less 'game breaking'...if that's the potential issue.

And yes... I think old content will see an uptick in runs once some sort of AQS is implemented. However, that does not change the fact that as of today while DLCs are a member 'perk' AND open eps make it so anyone can run, outside ZooE, PanE, Dox and the 1st boss of DC (and the like) are NOT run by most endgame players unless they are working on some type of 'multi-run' feats. Watch LFG....you will see groups 'looking for bodies' every day for old content runs. That means that in most cases, there aren't 4 or 8 people on who are queuing up....even less actually looking to build a group to get in...even when the content is easily soloable.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, it sounds like maybe you used a skip token package or 'advance character level'? If you just created a toon, and then re-created it, you should still be fine. if you created a toon, applied the CR skip (jumping it to CR 290 or whatever) then deleted it, yeah...you'd need to buy another one or restore the one you dumped.

Creating characters is free and you can create as many (assuming you have slots or free one up)...the skip is not...it's one and done and tied to the toon you apply it to. If you are referring to anything other than a skip token, well...you've completely confused me.

Its the wrong location for this topic. If not as I'm assuming above, maybe it would be a bug report or worth a support ticket submit, although I'm guessing I'm assuming right. You made a toon...advanced it...then deleted it. If so...that's on you.
  15. DokuSparkz New Player

You are right I did use the skip tokens and every word you said was true how ever it sucks cuz I wasn’t aware of the circumstance or I would of pick wisely for my toon. Thanks for the reply I just accept it or whatever. I heard I can change my room in game via more money to spend on it.
  16. beardrive Committed Player

We appreciate the one free armory, but I personally would like to see an additional armory per toon created of a currently subbed legendary account. It makes the game far more fun to play than having 3 alts playing their support roles and 7 alts all dpsing. I would play more support roles if my alts had armories, but at $4.50 each it's not convenient for me to do so, so I won't ever do it.

If anything an additional free armory per legendary toon will add value to your bottom line as far as income generated in-game from artifacts, most support roles which you would have to have at least 1, if not 2 or 3 artifacts for their required role. A couple hundred bucks for one artifact to 200 in marketplace nth metal alone makes up for the $4.50 price tag on the armories. Not to mention the added cost of source marks to get them to 200 (which can also be purchased with MP cash). It's a win/win all around. And if ppl use them for styles alone, good for them. Styles cost money. And the best ones cost time capsules.

And yes, when the sub goes out, you're locked out of those armories just like the Shield weapon, which if I am correct is still locked behind a DLC that, if you don't own the DLC nor are currently legendary, locks you out of your armories when you lose your sub. So you would be locked out of those armories until you purchased a sub again. You'd still be able to play on your one free armory everyone gets, but locked out of the additional legendary one.

I read earlier people wanted to get rid of having to pay cash for base amenities batteries. I agree. You shouldn't have to pay for them if you sub, which would create another tier of usage as well, since non-members have to pay for theirs anyway (with soder colas LOL). Legendary free batteries, any other tier pay for them, and yes, you have to own Home Base DLC.

Thanks for listening to us. This will be a first, and as communication returns between the DCUO community and development teams, I'm sure this game can be far more profitable, in terms for play to the players and profits for the game, than it ever has been before.

Let's see what you do with it.
    Good luck.
  17. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

More styles in the promethium lock boxes
  18. sheriffgoff Level 30

just thought meps and the rest of the devs should hear this if it hasnt already been said. I started playing this game over a decade ago and spent thousands of dollars and countless hour of my life on this game, with that being said i finally stopped and quit several months back when my member benifits were not granted to me even though I paid a year in advance, this was the last slap in the face i could take from your team. we the players who have done what i did and spend that much money and time oin a game that we dont even own are the one who make this game possible and have allowed it to carry on this long,
  19. sheriffgoff Level 30

just thought meps and the rest of the devs should hear this if it hasnt already been said. I started playing this game over a decade ago and spent thousands of dollars and countless hour of my life on this game, with that being said i finally stopped and quit several months back when my member benefits were not granted to me even though I paid a year in advance, this was the last slap in the face i could take from your team. we the players who have done what i did and spend that much money and time on a game that we dont even own are the one who make this game possible and have allowed it to carry on this long, Dont get me wrong the content is good and so are the episodes but the glitches in the game that caused us to loose in game items or other cheater making thing worse for all and you punishing the innocents is horrible and cant be tolerated. Its nice to hear you say your going to fix it but i doubt it, more BS from the devs to try to hold on to what few members you have left. I am not the only one to leave in the last year and you all know it. It realy sucks that the greatest game ever made that paved the way for so much innovation would screw over the very people that made it happen. to all who read this have a great day and happy gaming.
    EDIT sorry for the double post, its been a while
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Give members a Magic Mirror.

Upon looking in the Mirror you can scroll through various appearances you've saved. You can then activate this style on your character.

This way you don't have to limit the styles you want to save based on the number of armories you have.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.