Dev Discussion Better Membership

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed, although I think a person who's at premium isn't going to be on the edge of joining at 3K, then a cap raise to 20K for instance is the difference where they would NOT then join. A removal or substantial raise like to 1 mil or something...yea, that might do it. 20K wont' even buy you the lowest TC collection, style or gear piece and 90% of things like cats or whatever. Any raise like that would simply be to alleviate the 'repair' hassle...which as Proxy points out...is probably intentional. Also not really the topic here...so on that note....

Personally I would like to see an additional Seal or a bit of Nth, or a bit more loyalty points each month, maybe a deeper discount or periodic 'member only' sales. All the other wacky requests coming in will likely not be doable in 2-3 months and some of them are downright greedy (a full stabilizer a day...no more breakthroughs...permanent 2x Nth or whatever). I'm realistic in my expectations and if the price will stay fixed at $15 a month, I doubt we'd be seeing $30+ worth of hard goods granted each month...I'm hoping for $18-20 maybe. Again, I think locking some better loots behind a 'member' box or in Promethium boxes is a good method as it would take little programming (adding items to loot table) and would give incentive to premiums to sub as they could pile up 30-40 of them then sub 1 month for a windfall. I think once people sub a few times the get used to the benefits and tend to stay subbed. I know that's how I got hooked way back when.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I only know this was directed at me cause of a quote alert,

I'm not going to bother with Google Translate because it often errantly translates things, if you want to converse with me you'll have to do so in English, this is after all an English forum, thanks.
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

You arent losing anything trust me lol
    • Like x 1
  4. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Mileage will vary. His response points out what the more savvy of us have been saying; think bigger than discounts and freebies.

Google Translate is pretty reliable. It's gotten much better in the last 5-10 years as the tech has developed. It struggles with nuance and colloquialisms only. Someone making the effort can get the giust of something easily enough.

Translated via a simple right-click.*

@everyone
    It doesn't take much effort to right click and click "translate" from most browsers.The "in this country we speak X" attitude isn't constructive.

The game is available in multiple languages and countries and these people also pay for subscriptions so their feedback is also relevant.
    • Like x 4
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Doesn't look like they said anything worth responding to then, thanks.

p.s. I said I wasn't going to bother, not that I needed an explanation on how ;)
  6. Rigby Active Player

Make Artifacts account bound during active subscription and I'd never let my sub lapse. And I'd probably level up most (if not all) of the artifacts. And I'd start unlocking feats again.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

II like the idea of discounted resets, not bonus doubled lockouts though;

Reason: Additional mark yields come with additional reward costs, there's no such thing as a free lunch. I strongly believe receiving double marks would result in double reward costs to maintain the grind.
  8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Their response has as much or more value as yours. Remember Mepps did suggest anyone needing to put down others' feedback should move on from the discussion.

Ps. I noticed. When you treated someone as unworthy of replying to because of their language it felt like it needed to be addressed. ;)
    • Like x 2
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Edit: Actually to be honest in hindsight (and respecting the fact this is a development discussion thread) there's no need to further discuss this with you If you have an issue with this then send me a private message by all means, we can continue it there.
  10. Godzus/ Heighter New Player

I think the best membership can be with seal of completion by month and exclusive styles in game because that the reason I'm still playing this game, maybe more experiences for the artifacts can be useful and free unlock feats for all characters by account for the people play more
  11. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Didn’t know where to post this but the base mainframe in our bases is not letting us add league permission I believe it’s letting us add player permissions but not league please help and take look into this please thanks so much stay safe and be well devs
  12. Lara Committed Player

+1
  13. gameaddict Level 30

I always thought 10k was a nice minimum for the cash cap, it doesn't have to be as massive amount of money, because people have already explained before, that's probably intentional to get people to sub, but 10k will allow you to buy at least the R&D episode related stuff. This argument might become completely invalid because of every episode becoming free to own in the near future, but i always thought it was a bit messed up to say premium is a valid alternative to legendary, yet when someone would buy a certain episode and wants to craft certain episode R&D items, they instantly have to resort to microtransactions, just to be able to craft the episode related R&D items, when i would argue when you buy the episode, this includes the R&D items that come with it.

I did notice that with this episode, both the Flashpoint soder enhancers and catalyst are under 3k, so maybe they will do this for every episode when the big changes come around.

As for actual membership benefits;

• A seal of completion/pack of seals of preservation every month or maybe have members the chance to actually drop Seals of Preservation instead of just a flat number they give you every month, i would like to see a actual valid gameplay route to dropping seals, besides opening that one niche TC in the hopes of dropping a seal. When SoP's first became non-tradable i could understand, because it was their only seal at the time and the breakthroughs weren't that bad, but now we have Seals of Completion and breakthroughs as low as 3%, i would like to see SoP's make a return to being able to be acquired through gameplay, which would make a nice membership benefit if you allow only members to drop them (talking purely about SoP's, SoC's remaining marketplace only i can understand).
    • A certain amount of extra Nth metal every month.
    • Increased money gain for members.
    • Increased renown gain for members.
    • Randomized gift every month, one month it's a name change token, another month it's a character slot token, etc.
    • Increased Marketplace cash/loyality points every month.
    • Increase stabilizer fragments to 8 for members, so you can get one stabilizer every two days, maybe increased nth metal rewards from it as well.
    • Increased/updated vault rewards.
    • Increased/updated promethium lockbox rewards.
    • Increased replay badges every month, maybe 200 replay badges, so you can at least reset two raids.
    • Members only items, pets, styles, etc., don't know how viable this is though because it would require extra work be spent on other stuff than the main content.
    • Increased mail archive size, i don't know if this is something people really would be interested in, but i know my archive has been maxed out for years already, so maybe some people would like this.
    • No need to deal with generator cells (batteries which need renewing every 30 days) and the generator boosts (the upgrades you have to renew every 60 days) so long as you have membership active.
    • Easier alt management for members, more frequent discounts on things you already unlocked on your main, stuff like that.

Just some suggestions from the top of my head, some probably more viable than others, but hope it's at least somewhat constructive. I haven't read the entire thread, so also apologies for any suggestions already made.
    • Like x 2
  14. Magnificent Loyal Player

After some consideration I'm revising my list slightly.

The ability to base base rent (the refreshes on orbitals, sidekicks, etc) is something everyone with a base should have. Not being able to do it is just a minor annoyance. After reading some of the posts on here I think a far better idea for a member-exclusive perk is the ability to solo-queue into content or queue non-complete groups into content. So my revised list would be:

1. Members do not require Seals for doing any upgrades on any equipment, enhancements, artifacts nor anything else. The components are consumed but breakthrough guarantee is 100%.
    2. Solo queueing into all group content.
    3. Content Resets everything Thursday and Monday (Monday resets are done with a token which expires in 7 days, this gives the player a 7-day window to reset independently from the Thursday window in case they miss their Monday-Wednesday timeframe thus making the package a little more valuable).
    4. Ability to change Faction (between Hero side and Villain side) once per month (if tech allows, ideally without breaking League membership).
    5. Raise the amount of monthly SC from 500 to 1k.
    6. 2x Nth Metal drops or 2x Nth Metal exp.
    7. Upgrade permanent Store discount from 10% to 15% or 20% (I had 25% earlier but I think with solo queueing in the mix that gets into overkill, 20% may even be overkill).
    8. Veterans Rewards: Special members-only styles awarded based on total time spent being a member (1 month, 6 months, 12 months, etc).

Part of my reason for changing this was because in discussions someone brought up how the loss of content-specific benefits (in this case the lost of the exclusivity of 24/7 access to all content for membership) should first be attempted to be balanced out with options which are also content related. Solo queueing and content resets are probably the closest options with everything else being a mix of what's needed to balance out the rest and what would be nice to have to increase subscriptions.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

And you think the devs will double the mark yield but not subsequently double the cost of all vendor rewards?? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but I'm genuinely curious whether you think the cost of rewards will stay the same when you half the duration of a DLC's natural progression window through having 2 resets a week - genuine question.

If they increase the cost of rewards to compensate that entire benefit is nothing but fake.

We already have people spamming DLC's with replays and then running away, and the benefits we're proposing involves increasing replays, providing replay benefits and doubling the number of resets per week.

I get the idea behind that being a desired perk but surely this is just going to end in complaints that DLC's are boring or not long enough because everyone's finished them too quickly, if too much is given away in that regard.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Are you expecting any one of these...or all of these? Just wondering as all but #2 and #8 cost the company money (#1 especially would hit hard). Remember we can only enjoy whatever benefits we get while the game is still up and running.
  17. Darfii Active Player

I don't know if it fits here or doable but before boosting the perks,could you guys start by accepting all currency all around the world ?

(English is not my first language so pls try to understand.)

We had something like this,back when proseiben was a thing.Every country was able to pay with it's own currency,for same amount of money.Now that EG/7 is a thing maybe it can be so again.It may need some adjustments amountwise,here and there,due to currency differency,but I believe in the end keeping the sub up would be easier for many players..So please consider it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Magnificent Loyal Player

That's a solid point, but only if they subscribe. If it's not enough to keep current subscribers (much less draw new ones) then it's also a moot point.

This then gets into a few internal aspects which we don't know (and likely never will):
    • how much of the player base currently subscribes (including lifers)
    • how many would they like subscribing
    • what's the extra return (Station purchases) per subscription tier (1 month, 3 month, 6 month, 12 month & lifers)
    • what are those extra returns compared to Premiums
    • average time played per login per account type (Member, Premium, Free) covering a week prior and after a DLC's release (I wonder if there's a difference in the paid tier play times?)
    Along with that we have to consider that many members have alts. Many alts. Having a second reset gives them more opportunities to gear those alts as well as accumulate materials to work on their Augments, Artifacts and whatever else may come in the future.
    If they are making a brunt of their extra funds off of members who buy SC then purchase Replays, then yes it would be insane to kill the goose laying the golden egg.
    Let's say, however, their funding sources are something like TCs 65%, Memberships 30%, Replays 4%, Other 1% (for anyone wanting to challenge this: these are all just placeholders to serve as an example). In such a scenario then making it a benefit would be a good idea.
    Ultimately they have the internals to know if this would be a good idea or not.
    • Like x 1
  19. Apollonia Dedicated Player

For what it's worth, I believe you're not far off. But, yes, we'll never know.
    • Like x 1
  20. Magnificent Loyal Player

Anyone coming into this thread and "expecting" any (much less all) of their ideas to be implemented has never been part of a brainstorming session.

The exclusivity factor of access to all content was a huge draw for membership (the other huge draw is access to all your ingame funds). Membership makes them money. Microtransactions make them money. The smart money says membership + microtransactions make them a good bit of money (enough, at least, that they want to keep people subscribing as evidenced by the existence of this thread).

All that said, we don't know what their sales analytics show. There have to be multiple ideas because there's no single benefit sufficient enough to balance out the loss of that exclusivity. We can guess at how much money people are spending on something like Seals, but at the end of the day that's simply a shot in the dark. The closest thing we truly have to any sort of hard sales data is how much opened TC inventory is for sale on the AH.

So the idea here is for us to throw out ideas we think would be a good balance against content access and let them run those numbers to determine if they're workable or not.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.