Best way to use skill points with WM?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FEARtheSPUR, May 1, 2014.

1. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

So is it best to go after "%" in the first tier for your role or just go for WM to get the bottom tier stats.

Seeing its impossible to go for both. On my dps for example i lose over 200 precision/might to get all damage % in the first tier.

What is your plan?
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Id check the forums this weekend. Remander is posting a guide for that soon
    • Like x 1
  3. Yolo New Player

I plan on getting everything by completing more feats.
  4. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

that is the problem. There is not enough feats.
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

DPS wise I go for all the crit attack and magnitude first. Then go back and master my primary weapons along with its counter parts and then master additional weapons from there.

Healing wise, get all crits. Master primary weapon and take big resto boost over small 7 ones.
  6. Yolo New Player

maybe not now but eventually there will be.
  7. Darth Loyal Player

There's no need for a guide. Go to all the T1 crits first then depending on your role and number of SPs unlock one weapon at a time that has the T2 innates you want and weapons you want to combo first and pick up the T3 innates afterwards. I went up 100 Vit on my Controller build and roughly 300 Might on my DPS build on SP alone by doing that.
    Eventually could mean 2+ years lol... The max SP needs to go up 75 or so before people can start maxing out just one of the T3 innates.
  8. Regent Perry New Player

even if you tied to get everything the closes to could come is full T2 innate spec'd

while full T1 spec is 131, that 60 for all 3 weapon entry, 7 for primary and +8 T3 role spec on off hand weapons, and 56 for T1 inmates.

now add (6 x 8 ) for T2 innate set turning your 56 in to 104.. thats 185 full T2,

Full T3 is 60 + 104 + 7 + ( 4 x 8) = 203, this more than the Top SP'er earner in the game.
  9. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

From what I've been reading in other threads, there are many people going for WM in at least two weapons FIRST, before worrying about their crit %. They've been saying that the crit bonuses from WM have made up for the lack of crit % from the trees. Now of course, this ONLY counts if you are using WM the majority of the time, and from what I've read, many of those people are using WM over their powers now and having success with it. Anyone have an opinion or experience with this?!?
  10. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

UPDATE:

I just got a chance to try this for myself. Keep in mind I almost exclusively run solo content so for me SPs have never mattered, especially since I always run T5E mods. So being CR100 with 70 SPs, I just spec'd into WM: DW>Bow along with getting as many Crit % as I could from other weapon trees. Even without trying to get the power bonus with WM, I didn't have any problems in the Gotham Siege missions that I ran. I found the Slash>Flurry Shot was extremely effective, in fact, I think that combo wore down the final bosses more than the actual powers. Although, I am a Celestial DPS running full precision with T5E mods, so I pretty much cut everything down. :p But my adventure today was all about focusing on trying the WM combo and not using Anoint or even the precision trinket, only a Flex cola buff; mostly I used RcW and the WM combo; I am also running with only 2/Scion and 6/Prideful pieces.

So all in all I would say for how I play, WM was definitely worth going for first, at least in those two weapons, then going for damage crits after that. I will now work on going back and getting more SPs so I can get the rest of the crit % and then pursue the other innates at the bottom of the two WM trees.
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

Link is in my sig for those interested.
  12. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Thanks Remander, I will now put your suggestions into action and see how much better selecting the bottom tier Prec/Might innates work versus pursuing the Crit %'s.
  13. Black Star New Player

It really depends on how many SPs you have and how many WM trees you want unlocked. unlocking 3 trees will take about 72 SPs. If you only have 80 or so to start with, you might not have the numbers to worry about % buffs. If you have between 100-120, you can got a good number of magnitude buffs with you 3 WM trees. If you have 140 + you can and should get as much WM as you need/want and then max out your crit %'s Magnitude first.

As you use your WM combos, those crits will be huge.
  14. Humane Committed Player

Huge is an understatement, I'm hitting for over 10k in one hit sometimes.
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

OP please see Remander's guide in his link in his signature. It gives a great insight on how to set it up.