Best way to stack SP after boost.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Flutter Mouse, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Flutter Mouse New Player

So I played WAY WAY back in the day at launch, as in I have a physical copy of the game.

Recently I saw the free character boost promotion and decided to jump back into the game. I realized it was a lot more casual friendly than a good many other MMO’s. So I decided to sub back in with my newly boosted toon and make an alt.

The biggest problem I’m facing so far is finding a league that will take a player with less the 290-300+ SP. I’ve gotten my CR up to 286-290 (it increases daily) and I’ve looked at every guide about artifacts and builds and grinded to get all my artifacts to 100+ and perfect my rotation. I’m sitting on 112sp at this point and usually queuing for a raid I end up being in the top 4 dps (on 8 mans) and top 2 in 4 man raids. Typically within a 1 to 2 million gap between me and the other guys running dps... every so often there will be those instances of me sitting around 15 million and the top DPS is sitting at 25 million.

There hasn’t been a single league (even ones oriented on feat farming and not elite runs) that will take a player with under 290 SP.

So my question is what’s the best way to build SP AFTER using a boost? I see a lot of the feats are granted at this point and I’ve been working on building my SP solo but the task seems pretty arduous solo and most times using the on duty menu just gets people trying to power through content and not get special feats that require you be patient, like finding the greater lust demon that will summon other greater lust demons to get the fear from tunnel of lust

I’ve looked at a couple of videos on YouTube but they just seem to be 45 minutes of guys showing off their own feats saying “oh well I did this a long time ago just go on the broker and buy the stuff you need... yea you’re gonna need to talk to people in your league to help you with this one because you’ll need to have a healer/troll”... so generally not helpful in that department

Thank you much!
  2. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Best thing to do is keep looking for a league that will help you. You can use the broker to buy missing collections that will get you plenty of feat but you will need lots of money to buy them all mainly because the last one is always rare and expensive. The easiest (possibly the longest) is to hit each episode at a time and grind out each feat. You can shout for a group letting them know what you are going after and that may help. But just going through the episodes you will see plenty that you can get solo in that dls's area it will just take time. Lastly style feats are not that bad to get along side the rest since you can buy them with the marks you will be earning from the daily stuff. Good luck
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I would suggest going through each feat section, 1 at a time, and see what is required. Get yourself a rotation going (and stick to it). For example:
    If you need the 99 bottled duo feats, make it a habit to get 2 done a day. Then move onto something else that will help you get things for another long feat. Then find something that is an instant feat: using lfg, you can advertise that feat, and possibly get a team going. Communication is key for getting some feats: you have to know how to do them, and everyone has to be ready to get it (meaning they can't try to be top dps, try to get the feat).
  4. freekyjason New Player

Keep hunting for a league mate, dont give up on them altogether. My own is recruiting, have a thread in the recruitment forum, and I care not how many SP someone has. SP dont make the player.

Also Pale Rage made a good suggestion. Browse that feat list and you will be surprised how many are fairly simple to get solo. Those that arent and require groups can be advertised in the game chat and there is usually someone else interested in those feats.
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

There's a TON of feats you can get solo. Even most of the duo feats you can get even if the other person isn't on that page with you. I've been helping a leaguemate out and he wen't from 180sp to 315sp in a couple of months. And by "helping" I mostly mean giving advice and telling him easy feats to focus on.

When building up my sp, I myself made an Excel spreadsheet of all the easy feats I could get with little or no help needed from others and it helped me keep focused and organized. It was a million times better than constantly going through the in-game feat menu.

http://zonexus.ca This site is also better than using the in-game menu and if you are so inclined to make a spreadsheet like I did, it will C&P over in to Excel.
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Here's what I did and yes I'm one of "those people".

Make a spreadsheet. Write down which ones you need to do to get feats. And make sure you include the style feats. This way you can make sure there are no feats left before deleting a certain piece of content and never doing it again.

Make sure to keep track of which farming feats you need. Collecting so many exobytes, etc... These feats can be done while you're going around waiting to do bounties. Or while waiting to cue up for alerts and raids.

It's surprising how many times in Seasonal Events I will see people getting the Breaking Barrel feats. If you still need those always remember to break them even if you don't need the health.