Best Tank Power

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TurquoiseShadow, Feb 20, 2013.

1. TurquoiseShadow Level 30

Can you guys give me your opinions on which power is considered the best for a tank and why? Thanks
  2. Kristyana New Player

Depends on what you want to do and your playstyle.

Ice is the friendliest tank to play with, with the ranged pull and the self shielding, but in high end T3+ content it can start to lag a little behind.

Fire has some fun toys to play with, although you get hit harder. You have a huge health pool to take that damage and a healing bonus along with some self heals.

Earth has a fairly steep learning curve and is more vulnerable to spike damage than the other two tanks, but it has a good mix of things from both fire and ice and if you play it right, is the most efficient tank for a healer to deal with.

In short, in the hands of a skilled player, there is no "best" tank. If you want to play like a tough DPS and wail on things, Ice will be your best bet. If you want to be a little more self sustaining then go with fire. If you want to get a rewarding experience out of the trickiest tank power in the game, go with Earth.

Hope that helps :)
    • Like x 6
  3. TurquoiseShadow Level 30

4. Matthew1237 New Player

I've heard that earth is becoming rather dominant.
  5. BRUDHAWALT New Player

ICE BY FAR.... BEST TANK, EASEST TANK, WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO TANK,
  6. kgghk New Player

ice isnt the best tank. fire and earth can both take twice as much damage then ice. The other 2 are correct.
  7. BRUDHAWALT New Player

UMM THE UPDATE JUST FIXED THAT MINIOR " TAKE MORE DAMAGE THING", SHIELDS ARE NOW 100% DOM 100% RESTO....
    WHEN NEW GAME UPDATES AN NPC'S ARE RELEASED THE DEFENCE CAP WILL BE RAISED ALSO WITH IT ALWAYS HAS.....
  8. PKMN12 New Player

I think your cap lock might be on.

The "best tank" depends on what your favorite playstyle is. I love and play much better with a fire tank than if i used earth or ice for example.
    • Like x 4
  9. BRUDHAWALT New Player

OMG MY CAP LOCK IS ON!!!!!!! NERF MY CAP LOCK DEV'S
  10. FrostNialo New Player

it all depends on what you want to be if you want to be the idol of health go fire, every time you pop a power your health goes up and you can heal yourself. If you do ice, every time you pop a power your defense goes up, and when you change forms it goes up higher for a while. Earth it's about damage control.. Any of the options if you take time to learn the power to fit your playing style you should be able to be an effective tank.

I prefer ice.
    • Like x 2
  11. BRUDHAWALT New Player

well said frostnialo,

each tank has its little nitch, but ice imho is the one that will teach you the the tanking role the best.... its the easiest to tank with, and you can take what you learn form ice and put it to use in the other powers.

there all good, but ice tanking is the best.
    • Like x 1
  12. PKMN12 New Player

your right in that icei s the easiest to learn and can teach you the basics of tanking, but that does not make it better then any of the others, it is entirely personal preference.
  13. Frostmourne New Player

Best tank power? CHOCOLATE FOR SURE!!!!!
  14. BRUDHAWALT New Player

ill out tank you with ice anyday pkmn12 anyday...... DUM DUM DUMMMMMMMMMM
  15. Mia Skye Well-Known Player

How do you know they are going to raise the defense cap? They may never increase it which will leave ice very far behind.
  16. BRUDHAWALT New Player

BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS HAVE RAISE THE DEFENCE CAP!

stop going off what other people have said " out of fear " on these forums, every single update " where they intorduce" new content or new T/ whatever gear they always have raised the defence cap....
  17. Mia Skye Well-Known Player

1. When did they raise it before? 2. Unless you have proof that they said they are raising it you are to assume it is going to stay the same. This update would have been the perfect time for them to increase the defense cap, but they didn't. Don't assume the devs are going to do anything until there is proof that they are.
  18. FrostNialo New Player

Just wondering what is the defense Cap now?
  19. recespieces31 New Player

There is no Defense cap...there is Armor Penetration, which T2 content ignores 12% of Defense and T3 and T4 (I believe, but not 100% sure) ignores 25% of Defense...My Tank is sitting at 7,771 buffed Defense

before the Devs added the Armor penetration, there was a Defense cap of 5,325 as that was 75% of 7,100
  20. SLEVINKELEVRA New Player

FIRE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE BEST TANK IN END GAME BC OF DEF CAPS. ICE IS OK. CR70 FIRE TANK > CR89 EARTH TANK.