Best Munitions DPS Loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Drake_DuCaine, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

Anyone have a really good munitions loadout? Mostly for Duos/Alerts. Right now I am running:

Shrapnel Grenade Launcher > Flak Cannon > Chain Grenade Launcher > Chain Gun > Five Barrel Minigun > Biggun

Not sure if this is the most effective or not. I like having the 3 DoTs up all at once for continuous damage, albeit small but keeps the power usage low. I've tried mini nuke but for the damage-to-power cost, I don't think it is very good. It only hits for around 2000-2500 for me, as to where with the five barrel I am going close to 1800-2000 for half the power cost. I also like the rocket launcher and the Railguns but the damage seems interchangeable between those two and the FBM.

If anyone would like to share their loadouts, I'd be thankful! :)
  2. Azreaus Committed Player

I use this loadout in all content :- Flak Cannon > 50cal > chain gun > rail guns > 50 cal > 5BM > repeat, also use the Empowered Channeling hand mod and I have little to no power issues, I parse better using 2x 50cal instead of 1 mini Nuke (50cal has a cheaper power cost and half the cool down of nuke) and the timing is better for getting the most out of the P.I.
    • Like x 1
  3. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

Where/How do I get said hand mod? I'm still not sure how to get mods. Been back a little over a week after a 3 year break.

I'll definitely give that loadout a try. I've tried .50 cal before but I didn't think it hit hard enough to warrant consistent usage, maybe on single targets but not adds.
  4. °RAGEZ° Active Player

I dont think there is a "best" loadout on any powerset. There are more effective ones and less effective ones. Even movement mode can have an impact whether a loadout is handy to use or not.
    (Superspeed for munitions is definetly very useful)

Personally an optimal loadout for myself is one that is both effective, but also interesting to play. There's no point for me using the greatest loadout of all time speaking about damage; but in exchange terribly boring to play.

My current loadout is:
    Railguns, Chain Gun, 50Cal, Shrapnel Grenade, Mini-Nuke, Neo-Venom. Works good for me but is very powerheavy obviously.
    Depending on the situation i switch Neo-Venom with Biggun, mostly during cutscenes before bossfights.
    Neo-Venom is a nice boost for add crowds and definetly more useful than mounted turret in my sight.

Artifacts: Tetrahedron, Scrap and Solar Amplifier. (Yes i also play with Heat Vision instead Shrapnel Grenade, also switching SG out mostly during cutscenes before bossfights)

White mods: Blast Adapter, Energized Railguns, Escalating Might, Berserker, Penetrating Strikes, Restorative Chain Gun, Max Damage, Tumbling Master.

Other than electricity or nature, munitions is a powerset that relies on instant/burst damage. You use a power and do one or a few ticks direct damage, no dots. Thats why i would suggest you to use only 1, maximal 2 dots. Using 3 dots is rather ineffective and in my sight not really necessary for a low-powercost loadout.

This is what i would use for duos/alerts; might even work for raids:

Shrapnel Grenade OR Flak Cannon -> depending if you like building SC faster (SG), or a stronger dot. (FC)
    Railguns ------------------------> powerheavy but strong. 1 expensive skill should work. Hits multiple targets.
    Chain Gun ---------------------> low power cost but very effective, especially vs add crowds. Good AoE spread.
    5Barrel --------------------------> low power cost, slighty less effective than Chain Gun i think, good AoE spread.
    Rocket Launcher -------------> low power cost, medium effective, hits multiple targets in a line like RG.

SC: Neo-Venom during add phases for a good damage boost. Useful in many alerts.
    Biggun for bosses without/ or less adds if you know you can build enough SC to use it.

I would not recommend using Biggun on adds because you can easily get stunned, pushed back or otherwise interrupted, adds can also easy jump or get pulled out of your Bigguns range. (Especially if you have a tank in your alert) So yeah i'd recommend you Neo-Venom, but of course use what you like most :)

Start with Shrapnel Grenade or Flak Cannon, then Railguns, Chain Gun, 5Barrel, Rocket Launcher, repeat.

Empowered Channeling for Hands is definetly not bad btw i know how annoying it is to get interrupted all the time. Still using Max Damage atm but wont make much difference i think. If Railguns should be too much of a power cost, try with Particle Gun or Small Package ---> Use Small Package at the end of your Rotation after Rocket Launcher.

Well, i guess thats all i can say right now...
    Hope that helped a bit :) have fun.
    • Like x 1
  5. Azreaus Committed Player

The Gear (white) Mods are part of the Lair/Base system and are unlocked on the mainframe for Marks and in-game cash.
    • Like x 1
  6. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

I don't know how to get the tactical mods boost 2 for the mainframe. :( Sorry, I'm really new to this whole thing, the game was much simpler when I took a break a few years back.