Best Ice Tank Build?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by machomane, Apr 24, 2013.

1. GamblerDestroyer New Player

I'm lvl 30 now and here is my loadout.

Resonating Gale
    Freeze Wave
    Ice Bash
    Reflection
    Frost Snipe
    Blizzard
  2. Seni New Player

T4 Content & T4 Gear /w IV Mods (and below):
    This was my typical build before T5 content and Origin Crisis launched. The content in the game didn't really require much defensive powers and you could get away with being a really good Crowd Controlled Tank. Due to the game mechanics of T5 & OC and also several GU changes I changed my build (see T5 Content build below).

Loadout
    Inescapable Storm
    Low Pressure
    High Pressure
    Reflect
    Bitter Winds
    Wintry Tempest or Res Gale

Mods
    Red Socket: Dom & Might IV
    Blue Socket: Dom & Health IV
    Yellow Socket: Dom & Power IV

Skill Point Spending
    Defense -> Dom -> Health -> Resto

T5 Content & T5 Gear /w Exp Mods (current):

Loadout (notice changes from T4 build)
    Inescapable Storm
    Reflect
    Bitter Winds
    WinterWard
    Shatter Restraints
    Hard Light Shield

Mods (notice changes from T4 build)
    Red Sockets: Dom & Health Exp (not a typo)
    Blue Sockets: Dom & Health Exp
    Yellow Sockets: Resto & Health Exp

Skill Point Spending (notice changes from T4 build)
    Defense -> Dom -> Resto -> Health
  3. Bonehate New Player

As a ice tank u have 3 main power in my opinion, Bitter Winds, Reflection, Inescapable Storm. It's very important to know how this power works.

Bitter Winds, in addition to the functionality already mentioned before, is the power to give taunt, its will maintain aggro from nearby enemy. The taunt duration is +or- 12 seconds, its meens u have to use this power on cooldown. (if you do not know what is taunt or aggro, do a search on google because they are the key words when talking about tank)

Inescapable Storm is used to pull enemys how is far from u. if an enemy is attacking a teammate and the Bitter Winds is not capable to reach them, so use Inescapable Storm.

Reflection is a shield that will protect you from the next 3 attacks and will reflect most of the damage for 6 seconds. Is the power that will keep u alive, I recommend use on cooldown.

The other powers you can use as you like, I'm using for T5 content: Shatter Restraints, Winter Ward and Freeze Wave