Best healing power

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Titans1373, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Thatguy New Player

As others have said, Nature. It's almost completely range neutral, has a four man shield, and (much to my irritation as a electric healer), crosspollination is almost exactly the same as Galvanize.

Nature can do everything the other two power sets can do, except drop down a CIrcle of protection.

Now with that said, all the healing powers are more than adequate to handle all the content as a solo healer. So just pick the one you think looks coolest.
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I can know when I'm being outdone without checking the scoreboard, tyvm. I'm able to give my counterpart credit for: saving the group at critical moments when I'm too slow on the draw, keeping the group alive while I'm down and it wouldn't be prudent to get back up, keeping the group alive when I'm having the "all my powers are staying red" lag. I can see when good healers are watching my powerbar, the same as I'm watching out for theirs, knowing how much slack the other can take up at any given moment. I can see positioning. I watch the timing of a cast. I gain a sense of their reaction time, and how concerned they are about different kinds of fluctuations in health. I can tell by the types of powers they chose to put in their loadout a little about their healing style. There are a multitude of ways of sizing up your team, without inspecting them or the scoreboard.
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Because they're HoT!
    • Like x 3
  4. Cadens Dedicated Player

In essence "you" were outdone, not the powerset :p. The fact that I can solo heal nexus as nature, and struggle to get past 1 boss as either of the other powers (it is possible just very hard) shows nature is vastly superior.
  5. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Yes, I was outdone by people of other powersets. You saying that you can solo heal Nexus as nature, but struggle to get past a boss as other powers just means you're better at Nature than you are at the other powers, when it comes to that instance. As you started to say, it's you, not the powerset. It doesn't show that nature is vastly superior; it shows that you're better with nature, in that instance.
    • Like x 3
  6. Raider Champion New Player

Dont forget, electric, but mostly nature, eats alot of power, as a sorcery healer, its simple and reliable, and the only way to keep watcher alive is through a few simple tricks, which i find annoying. i dont carry watcher because through experience it doesnt last long anyways.
  7. Cadens Dedicated Player

Ive played them all equally. Nature is far more equipped than the other powersets. Thats not really even up for argument lol.

One point aside sets them apart. I can heal everyone in the group at max range, completely spread out.. almost instantly. That in itself sets it apart from the others. The others arent on the same level. Electricity and Sorcery are ok for T5 alerts because you only have a total of 4 in a party. When you get to raids, forget it. Too spread out, too many people, and you cant burst them all like you can with nature.
  8. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

I think the main thing is what kind of playing style do you want to have. If you want to cast a couple heals and spam weapon attacks to help with damage then sorcery is for you. If you can't sit still and want to have really important heals the go electricity. If you want to be a full fledged healer and nothing else the go nature. Not saying that the other classes can't have these same descriptions but that's just usually how it goes. Like someone mentioned earlier, don't go scoreboard watching when healing. As long as the group isn't wiping youre doing your job. You not going to out heal a sorcery in a close space. Your not going to beat an electric with a fire tank in group. You're not going to beat a nature when multiple people are taking damage. So don't bother. Honestly almost any healing power can be on top if they're spamming heals, but all you're doing is killing you're trolls and dps . Ever try to out heal a spamming electric who has next sodas and supply drops? Ain't gonna happen.
    • Like x 3
  9. LonelyGiants New Player

Sorcery is nowhere near as efficient as people make it out to be. Anytime there is a spike in damage they have to resort to spamming rejuvenate because IoR takes far too long and Shared Fate gives tiny heals. The only time it feels efficient is when you have tons of fodder to feed to the soul well, but those moments are glorious.

I'm not a fan of the watcher. I never found it to be a reliable healer and it always flies off on it's own to attract more enemies. For small areas like League of Assassins, it can work pretty well though. Anytime it's out of power you can just banish and recast it.
  10. Raider Champion New Player

eh about the watcher, almost dies to quickly for me to even care for it anymore, not saying its effiecient, but mainly it keeps people alive and less stress on trollers trying to do their job. but the long heal on sorcerors is actually good, but the only draw back is the time needed to cast it, which i really wish they would make it smaller. but to me in all honesty, all the healing powers are equal, they each have good heals, they each have their drawbacks, it just depends on the person who is playing that power.
  11. Lepew New Player

Well, anyone reading this would immediately spec Nature. And if enough people do that, you will have multiple Nature healers in your raid, fighting over pheremones. That is a strong argument for variety and picking something other than Nature. If you could have 3 healers in your raid what would you pick? 3x Nature? Or one of each?
    • Like x 1
  12. LonelyGiants New Player

As nice as it would be to have all powers equal, that's not true. Each power functions in a unique way, so obviously one power will be superior to another. Sorcery is about proximity based HoTs, with no efficient way to deal with a spike in damage. You're running an alert and your team gets dunked by a powerful attack and everyone is at low health? All you can do is throw up your shields and spam Rejuvenation.

I've always considered IoR to be a trash power, but less trash than our other options. It's pretty much only useful in raids and is still a pain there anyways. By the time you launch off your heal, someone is dead or the other healer has got everyone back to full health. It requires careful timing and will be interrupted if anything so much as looks in your direction.

Don't get me wrong though. I absolutely love Sorcery. I just think it's important to acknowledge the flaws in the powerset so they could be improved. With the revemp coming in the next decade we could be top tier bby!
    • Like x 2
  13. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

All three if I could. All have their ups and downs but have been balance to the point where any two can work together. My fav is nature and electric. I switched to electric to avoid all the no 2 nature raid perceptions. Not saying it doesn't work with two nature healers though. If one can swallow their pride and use bloom instead of blossom it works pretty good. In fact swarm shields, one with hive mind and one with carnage you have a great heal/ buff combo. Damn your right no one is ever going to switch from nature. Well as long as someone is OK with getting blown out on the leaderboards...
  14. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

It ultimately comes down to a healers play style. Situations require different tactics and when you play a power long enough, you develop many strategies to use in those cases. I do not feel there should be competition between "who has the most heals" . There is nothing to prove by healing more than your partner. Personally the less heals that are needed reflects on how well the team performs. You may not need to put up 1 million in nexus if the group is attentive to their surroundings. Each style is it's own entity and shouldn't be compared to another in terms of what's better. That is left up to the person who is in control. Play with loadouts and adapt. In turn this will help you to enjoy all three powers :)
    • Like x 2
  15. Raider Champion New Player

ah, but that right there, also like spicymoonlight said, we had to come up with our on strategies, i don't constantly use the small heal, i use the big heal, yes sometimes the other healers get the most injured people, but with my long heal i get everyone. with me, i prefer to run with either a electric or nature healer as a co-healer, but another sorcery is just plain wrong, that is not a good mix, the reason i defend the sorcery power so much is because that is all i know how to do, don't know how to troll, tank or really dps. to me healing comes easily.
  16. Cicatrix New Player

I think sorcery became lacking in T5 because of the lack of adds in bosses and the moving around. CoP requires you to stay in one spot and soul well requires adds for heals. From there you could either spam rejuvenate or IoR but risk your team dying before they get healed.

I agree with the list though nature>electricity>sorcery and electricity by far the funnest and more interactive. I remember back in the day when I first solo healed fos2. It was one of the most funnest things I've done in a long time.
    • Like x 1
  17. Lepew New Player

What would be better than a scoreboard would be something like this

MoT multipliers
    1.25x if nobody died in the run to healers
    1.25x if PoT was up the entire run to controllers
    1.25x if you got threat on everything within 12s for the run to the tanks
    1.25x if the clear time for the run was less than X to the DPS
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    2x if all classes met the 1.25x goals--- "perfect run"

The number of MoT you would get would be multiplied by the multiplier and granted as a bonus on the final boss. The above would discourage scoreboard farming and encourage excellence in roles.
  18. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

If you know what your doing with Nature it does not eat up a lot of power...in fact i've had Sorcery healers pull in over double my power and they still didn't out heal me.

With that said...I really don't understand why people are so concerned about the scoreboard when it comes to healing. If you make it through the instance with no issues, who cares who was first or second. Doesn't mean the healer with the most healing out is better, doesn't mean they used a ton of power to be on top...it all depends on the player and how they handle the powerset.
  19. LonelyGiants New Player

Please no. These multipliers wouldn't encourage people to play better. It would make players try too hard for a perfect run only to end up making a mistake and causing everyone to ragequit. It seems like anyone who isn't a DPS has an incredibly difficult task to accomplish for those rewards too.

Do you even play as a healer? Far too often there will be some idiot who runs ahead of the group or hides behind something, so you couldn't save him if your life depended on it. In many situations, it's best to just let those kind of people die and not take your attention away from the group. Also, it's a good thing there aren't any one hit kills in this game. I'd sure hate to be screwed out of my reward because someone died from something impossible for me to heal them from.
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I remember when groups had to have a Sorcery Healer for Gates. True in T5 Sorcery has some challenges but that's not to say future content won't be more friendly to it.