Best dps weapon in your opinion?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Samurai X, Jan 23, 2014.

1. rce3 New Player

Some weapons are better in different situations, you would have to do t5 content to know that tho.
  2. Jenny Hailey New Player

dual pistols no doubt about it. It has the best combos and full auto hits HARD.
    • Like x 1
  3. Gunny New Player

I'll just say that all weapons and powers are not created equal.

There are far too many things to consider with each weapon and powerset that there will always be a reason why one will outdo the other.

That said, I am also a firm believer in showing a man to fish instead of giving him some.

Powersets.... I could list dozens of ways to compare them.

Ability costs
    ability animation length
    might vs precision
    power interactions
    base damage of abilities
    base damage of power interacted abilities
    DoT vs burst damage
    "beneficial" abilities (ones that clip other abilities)
    channeling abilities.
    clippable/cancelling
    overriding DoT's (ones the player themselves cancel)
    cast-time abilities
    damage modifiers
    combos (HL, celestial, rage)
    overidden abilities (ones that cancel when used by other players)
    The best 6 abilities one can put on a loadout and how well they work with each other

Probably more one could add to the list...

Ive seen each and every factor above be the single difference between a rotation being a normal one and it being OP. Each and every one of these factors must be weighed evenly across 12 different powersets, which is why it seems like powersets will never be balanced - they wont.

Weapons?

How well they blend in with the speed of your powerset.
    Combo multipliers (damage of a weapon attack = DPS x a combo multiplier....usually based on how long the animation is)
    How fast a weapon can reach a specific attack
    whether the attack is clipped or cancelled when clipped (1h flurry = clipped, 2H hammer throw = cancelled)
    castbar abilities (1h FB, DW throw, 2h Hammer throw, etc)
    differences of power regeneration tiers
    melee class vs ranged class (melee class gets a critical damage bonus and 30% control resistance)

Probably more...

Long story short....RIGHT NOW, theres specific weapons (and powers) better than others due to differences above, as well as others I couldnt think of off the top of my head. Every update to balance specific things often makes others unbalanced. Its near impossible to find that magic key that will make everything all balanced. So now what?

Next best thing they can do is just randomize it by frequent changes. Its probably recognized balance will never be found, BUT they can give that feeling still by doing frequent changes and fixes which will often change the most effective powerset and weapon. Sure, players will eventually find a very favorable loadout, but it will not last due to updates, giving a sense of either the FOTM mentality, or constantly testing loadouts and rotations - in other words, being the one that creates the FOTM mentality. There will always be those that find those unbalances, and those that simply learn them. The ones that suffer from the frequent changes are the ones that just learn them.

-------------------------------

Sure, I have answers for your most popular weapon question.... but because of reasons above, im sure they wont be the same ones long. Your best bet is to use them all and know how to use them so you can switch to whatevers most effective.

OR ignore all of this, stick to one, and know that you will be outmatched by other weapons - whether it be now or later. You WILL however, have sizeable experience with your weapon, which might give you the edge.....or might not. Right now, a very experienced dual pistols player is never going to outdo someone with a rifle with just weapon damage alone.
  4. DivineSire Dedicated Player

Read Jurgens post and that explains why people are being rude to you bud. But lets dissect the quote above....

- I don't even know why most of you guys are so rude to me
    Because your asking a question that has been asked multiple times. While there are advantages and disadvantages to each the best weapon is the one the best uses. There's a bit more to things than that but there are a couple old threads on the subject.

- I'm just asking a simple question
    It's not that simple of a question because you want to be the best but yet are asking people what is the best, taking a vote and then possibly using that weapon. Anyone can pop on and say any weapon and after the votes come in you may assume the winner is the best weapon and proceed to spread that info like a plague, which would be incorrect info.

- been playing this game for a long time, and trying out everything
    If this is correct it doesn't seem to match up with the original post because you would have already been experimenting with the weapons plus the wording of your post should've been more detailed with a little less of the general "best weapon" question.

- I just want to make this toon the best it could be
    Thats good!! it's what you try to strive for whether you actually accomplish it or not. But in the end the best is a combination of the toon you feel comfortable with and the toon you are good playing with (which is arguable in itself).

- People said that everyone was starting to be rude on dcuo
    Believe it!! hehehe i'll warn you to think long and hard about posting a thread regarding best weapon, elites, nex\dox, loot drops and nerfs also make sure you refer to the mechanics as combat mechanics and not PVP!! They don't play around here with those things!! lol but serious

- So what if I'm taking a vote? There's nothing wrong with that
    True!! it's what is being implied by the data your recieving from the vote that is the problem.

Hope this clears some confusion for you, and gets you on the right path. As i said there is a couple older threads that have some good info and may help you make a better decision on you may consider the best weapon.
    • Like x 1
  5. DivineSire Dedicated Player

Gunnys post covers quite a bit so keep an eye on that too!!
  6. Neo-Jehuty New Player

At the end of the day make the weapon work for you and your style of play.
  7. Elemanster New Player

What do you guys think of the shield? I just created a character with a shield and have really enjoyed it so far. I don't think the damage is as high as some other weapon but has a lot of stunning/ knockdown. Is there an Achilles heel using the shield?
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

Check the weapon damage thread in my signature.
  9. Odd_Harold New Player

Its still the player when the question is, what is best thank you.
  10. The Good Job New Player

I usually start with 1h, DW, or rifle. Every weapon can be fun and efficient and I swap around often, but usually wind up with one of these three.
  11. H.. Committed Player

for me....
    Brawling for melee work and the most satisfying....
    Hand Blasters for range work and the most fun....

I wish I could combine the two as to get the - best of both worlds - in one weapon.
  12. Lexinator Well-Known Player

Not my opinion. This has been tested and proven.
    Martial Arts by far.

I am a healer and run a lot of instances with my dedicated Rage tank. MA is always, always in the lead for damage on the raid screens.
    It actually got so bad that most of my guild switched to MA. I have a feeling they will either buff up other weapons again, or nerf MA to match the rest of them.

For ranged I would probably have to say Hand Blasters, but MA > ALL.
  13. TrueOlympus New Player

pre-nerf One handed was probably the best overall weapon.
  14. undevinez New Player

brawling the damage is fanomanal
  15. Mcman828 New Player

lol ikr why be rude to him all he asked whats the best dps in your opinion
  16. Mcman828 New Player

I think the best DPS weapon is Dual wield or brawling
  17. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Personally for me dual wield is my favorite melee, bow is favorite range. I will play with these two weapons until I quit.
  18. L T Devoted Player

Time to update that link! ;)

it's daybreakdames.com now.
  19. TheCelestialKiller Well-Known Player

u still play?!:rolleyes:
  20. Absolix Loyal Player

Did you not realize the post you are quoting is from over two years ago?