Best dps weapon in your opinion?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Samurai X, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Samurai X New Player

So, I'm going to take a vote. The weapon which everyone says the most will be the weapon of my new toon I'm going to make. He's gonna be gadgets and I'm planning to stick with him from now on. Oh, he's gonna either be flight or acrobatics, if that helps anyone. I don't have the last laugh dlc so shield won't be an option. Well, go ahead and tell me which weapon, in your opinion, is the best for dps. Thanks in advance!
  2. Odd_Harold New Player

ARGH!!!!! It is on the player dude. Just pick one and make it work.
  3. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

Oh, so instead of testing things and see what´s better for you and your choice of power, you are going to see "what weapon is the most popular" and let others decide for you?
    Yeah, that´s going to be great.
  4. Vinny Tireshine New Player

If it's the player, why do people always complain that weapon "A" is better than weapon "B" You can't argue that Rifle and pistols are equal

IMO Range: Rifle or handblasters and melee is martial arts
  5. Alpha XXX New Player

That's just human nature for you, by no means is the balance perfect but play style and weapon use can compensate in all but the most extreme cases I think. I love my brawling but pve is sometimes less than melee friendly.
  6. Vinny Tireshine New Player

It's like talking to a fighting game player and telling him that all the characters are good, it depends on the player. While a great player can make up for a bad character, if you pair up two players with equal skill, then the character matters. That's why in fighting games we make tier lists where they are made assuming the all characters are being played at the highest level.

And while I'm not as experienced in dcuo, I KNOW not all powers and weapons are created equal.
    • Like x 1
  7. EPHEMERAL titan New Player

Yeah..kind of done with the idiots who know every glitch or shade of superiority when it comes to weapons or powers...you can always spot them...they are the ones who just a few days ago were filling the watchtower with their infinite per second grenade attacks..like that proved how cool they were...and every time you speak to these idiots they say the same thing...everyone is equal...all weapons and powers are the same....that's why I can launch an infinite amount of grenades at you and you have no way to stop me with your feeble single attack or defence...because that is how fing equal we all are and how perfectly balanced this game is. I still remember the funeral waling they did when 1hand was nerfed..you'd think they lost their family in a war...and what were they doing between sobs...scouring forums and online videos to find out which weapon was that whole 1/1000 better than all the other ones...because you know...they really were soulmates with that 1hand they were using.
    • Like x 1
  8. Roomba Dedicated Player

Look everyone. He's gonna take a vote.
  9. Samurai X New Player

Honestly, I don't even know why most of you guys are so rude to me. I'm just asking a simple question because I've been playing this game for a long time, and trying out everything. I just want to make this toon the best it could be. People said that everyone was starting to be rude on dcuo but I didn't believe it because I loved this game a lot and I thought everyone was helpful, but I thought wrong. Like I said before, I've played this game for a long time, but I've got a lot to learn still and so does everyone else. So what if I'm taking a vote? There's nothing wrong with that.
    • Like x 2
  10. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

I would highly suggest don't just use 1 weapon. Different weapons are useful in different situations. I use for my dps DW & Rifle for pve and 1H & Bow for pvp.
    • Like x 1
  11. Thatguy New Player

There are 3 weapons worth range DPSing with:

Rifle--Highest possible dps if you have 3 trolls to sustain your rotation.
    Handblasters--Strong, fast AOE that splits very nicely.
    Dual Wield--Basically slower but stronger Handblasters.

For melee, one-handed and Dual wield are your best bets.
  12. thelostczarnian New Player

2 handed aint bad
  13. MetalMario Loyal Player

Easy to counter though.
  14. Xenoblade New Player

Martial Arts
  15. Xicero New Player

I say martial arts or two handed. For range, I say handblaster's or bow, or if you want a challenge go with dual pistols (Quite hard for me)
    Martial arts...quick attacks and, well, I'm a personal fan of martial arts.
    Two Handed... some really nice damage and some sweet looking swords :p (I love the looks of a massive sword)

Handblasters... well, they are awesome and really fun to play with. Quite strong too if you use them right.
    Bow... It gets real fun to play with at later levels but then again, if you are mainly going for AoE attacks then Bow isn't the best.
    Dual pistols... Pretty fun weapon to play with but boy, it's a challenge. Dual pistols do have quite fast attacks though.
    • Like x 1
  16. ManaBaddMan New Player

Dual Pistols
    • Like x 1
  17. Odd_Harold New Player

Hmmm....PISTOLS!!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  18. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

PVE: Rifle, Dual Wield or Hand Blasters.
  19. Jake Tundra New Player

DW for melee or Rifle for range because of tap cancel but I have seen bow+gadgets put out some big numbers
  20. Killuminati New Player