Best DPS Power Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Sep 26, 2017.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Based on what? Just personal opinion? Its easy to pick out the top 4 or 5 above the rest...and the bottom 2 or 3. But the middle is a bit blurred. Sorry...totally disagree about Fire being that low. It has some issues but still outperforms alot of that bottom. I say its more middle if the pack.
    • Like x 1
  2. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

In the right hands of course
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Alot of dps is situational. Cant rely on parsing. Now a days there are some clear cut better performers and clear cut powers that need work.
    Edit...
    Had to scroll back and read into how you tested. I jumped the gun defending Fire. But still kind of blurred in the middle. Peoples loadouts and skill playing are major factors
    • Like x 1
  4. piohh Well-Known Player

We have 2 Month time to test some situations and running some stuff. I say in my Posting "its my" ranking.
    Fire on Sparing Target is not the badest but thats not the Point.

Fireburst for example takes to long, in this time if you can hit the adds others powers are so faster and the adds are nearlly down before you hit them.

Thats why fire is on the end of MY list.
    • Like x 1
  5. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I get it and I can agree with you. I did try to correct myself. Especially since i jumped the gun on the whole thing. You did say "my ranking" so...i retract my comments. I do well with fire Im top 2 or 3 most instances. Given...I have adapted to some of the setbacks of the powerset. Dots's suck compared to other powersets. Fireball Barrage SC doesnt always hit with minions and tanks in the way. Fireburst and flame cascade misses some as well. There are some drawbacks. If those things were addressed. Fire would be more toward the top on your ranking. I use Fireburst alot...but its always circumstantial. Cant always use it. Hits like a truck though. Fire has its ups and downs. I understand your ranking. Mine would be different. Fire would be in the middle for me. Mental would be toward the bottom...but Im sure I havent learned the best way to utilize it yet. Again...apologies for my jumpiness.
    • Like x 1
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

Best DPS?

Rage.

Obviously.
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Lmao..... that is all
  8. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The cast times can be an issue. But with fireburst its best to start your windup from around the corner so by the time you get to the group of adds your fireburst is the first thing that touches them besides the tank. If you are good enough you can time it so you can even hit them before the tank gets aggro. Timing and knowing which moves to cast and when to start them is also a huge factor in DPSing that is often overlooked.

I just can't agree that any person who has actually legitimately tested all powers would place fire in the bottom 3 powers. Especially when you have Mental at 3 with the caveat of "if you know how to use it". Fire might not be top 5 but it's not bottom 5 either. Like someone else mentioned, the top and bottom power are pretty obvious but the middle powers are pretty much interchangeable and debatable.
    • Like x 1
  9. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

^^^ this ^^^ just saying. Totally agree.
  10. AberrantAngel Committed Player

Piohh,
    You do have mental really high, with the caption if you know how to use it.
    So just a few questions, is this with a pftt loadout, hybrid, or weapons? And are you using just mental powers or borrowing powers from the iconic and movement trees?
    Please note I am not wanting a loadout or doubting your claim. I think all powers in the right hands have great potential.
    Thank you
  11. kreepitcute New Player

I'm electric at the moment but really thinking about changing to rage. I want to try a completely new role so I don't get bored. Is rage good for both roles? I want a power that's also good dps.