Best DPS Power Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

ran it in gorilla, same loadout used as wolf to see the difference.

As wolf averaged 1611 damage per second with 29.9% crits.

As gorilla averaged 1573 damage per second with 28.3% crits.

If gorilla had averaged the same crits it would have been very, very close to the same dps. That said, gorilla does have at least an advantage against ads opposed to wolf, so it probably would be better to be in gorilla for that factor alone. And as you said a different ability than harvest vs a single target (boss) would be better.

Thanks
  2. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

I did try several of his, got better damage per second with the loadouts I used in the clip, so I can't say all his are the best - but they are usable.

Thanks, anyway.
  3. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

4. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Great, I probably should feel the same way, just got sick of people randomly saying X is the best power with no evidence, no comparative analysis. I think I'll edit the 1st post to reflect what got me started on all this.
    Thanks
  5. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Too late to edit the first post, so here’s the motivation for this whole thread: every few minutes you’ll hear players claiming one power is better than all the others. However no one (to my knowledge) has tested every power under exactly equal conditions, which makes their claim a totally subjective guess. To actually identify the best DPS power you have to have 1 toon with each power with exactly the same stats as all the other toons playing in the same Solo instance (must be Solo, the Scorecard Damage Out is meaningless). So I did that with 15 toons, played them all through a Solo mission within the Tier (toons are CR 108, instance is Spark of Parallax which was built for toons CR 105 - 116), did 3 runs each and averaged the damage per second for each power set vs 1 of the bosses (semi-bosses you might say, since there are 3 in this instance). As has been pointed out, there will always be one subjective element that you cannot escape: the loadout. And though each player says they have the optimal loadout not everyone is correct. So I used the loadouts that gave me the most damage per second with one primary stipulation: you can’t totally run out of power before you beat the boss. If that happens then it is not a realistic loadout (and of course if you have no power & have to wait for it to regenerate, then your DPS would drop anyway). In other words using 6 x 300-cost powers is not a viable loadout. Are there better loadouts? Probably. Are there worse? Yes, I can say that with certainty. So I’ll continue looking for loadouts that do more damage per second & test them objectively. Without that you can never really know for certain which is best.

And of course anyone can do this test (even if it’s not for all 15 power sets). You just need to build every toon to the exact same stats & run through the same solo instance (just don’t run it against enemy several tiers below your CR – that ends up being unrealistic). Do several runs, then average the damage per second as shown in your Combat tab. That's the quantifiable measurement for the test. That's how you can say as a fact this power is better than that power, instead of just saying, 'I feel like X power is best.'
  6. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

7. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Seems pretty moody to me. That's it! Mood Light. It is entirely about moods (emotions), after all. So don't be red, have some indigo for your fellow man. My fondest blue is that one day I'll find the objectively best DPS power, because I have great violet in my heart for all my fellow DCUOers.
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

did you or did you not post this

idk about you or others, but if I put that it usually means I didnt or wont watch video in question.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Last post. So your saying a loadout should not run out of power correct? Well, part of being a good dps is to know how to use trinkets and use a rotation. My rage loadout does great damage, but eventually I will run out of power. That's where the trinkets come in. Knowing when and how to use your supply drops and colas is also apart of dpsing. Saying a loadout should never run out of power with what we have now is plain silly. Again, yes, you've made a video with some random loadouts. Multiple people with knowledge of their power have all left similar comments. I understand if you have limitations, but clipping is also a vital part of dpsing. With most powers, if your not clipping correctly then your losing damage.

And no one person can play all powers the same way. So your results running content won't be the same. One person could make celestial look good while and someone trying to duplicate what they saw can not.

The power doesn't make the dps. :)
  10. SasquaT Dedicated Player

I dont realy care what happens in yours head to be honest and i you read it that way i can only feel sorry for you .
  11. firerob Level 30

THE GORILA IS BAD, IT IS SLOWIN MOVEMENT.THE WOLF IS VERY FAST , 10 DAYS AGO THERE WAS A LOT OF DAMAGE ,NOW AT LEAST -25% PLEASE FIX THE NATURE,THE 3 YEARS I WASJUST HEALER,AT LAST NOW I CAN PLAY DPS AGAIN THIS TIME BADLY THX
  12. firerob Level 30

THE ADVANTAGE OF WORLF SHAPE IS EXOBYTE WHITE CRITICAL ATTACK IN WOLF SHAPE 3
  13. firerob Level 30

ANOTHER THING I HAVE TO SAY IS TO INCREASE THE ESTIMATE POINTS THAS 265 ARE TOO FEW, AFTER 3 AND A HALF 265 I HAVE 347 SP AND MORE THAS 100 ARE USELESS FOR A DPS , AT THE END OF REVAMP THE TOTAL TO BE BLOCKEAD WAS 264 NOW NOTHING HAS CHANGES, GAME TO DO SP BUT I DID NOT SERVE...... DISAPPOINTING !!!!
  14. firerob Level 30

MY INGLESH IS BUD ... BUT I WHITE WITH THE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR SORRY....
  15. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

You totally misunderstood. As stated in the clip the only way you can objectively test all powers is to look at the power only. Just as it said all buffs, trinkets, etc will increase damage and should be used outside the scope of the test, but not to evaluate the power set for the damage per second that the power set can do by itself.
  16. Harlequin Devoted Player

Your testing is flawed. Solo boss fights have next to zero power return unless adds spawn. If you are holding yourself to power-neutral loadouts, you will do sub-par damage.

In alerts (with or without a troll) and raids, you can run power-hungry high damage loadouts that blow away what you can comfortably run in a solo.
    • Like x 1
  17. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

I’m gathering that a number of players build their DPS loadout with the assumption that they’ll get significant power from the troll (a lot more than just POT). Obviously you won’t have a troll in solos, duos & (90% of the time) alerts. In raids the troll’s priorities have to be 1. healers, 2. tanks. Because if the healer can heal & the tank can’t pull / taunt, then the group won’t survive. Priority 3 could be DPS (though it probably should be debuffs & cc effects), but if the whole group is in the tier of the raid, then the vast majority of the troll’s power will go to supporting the healer & tank. No DPS can do enough damage on a boss (at their tier) to justify taking power away from the healer / tank. Of course all this assumes a competent troll, which may not always be the case.
  18. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

For the purpose of the test having multiple ads isn't important. What matters is testing each power under exactly the same conditions.
  19. Harlequin Devoted Player

No adds = no blue bubbles of power. You are forced to, under your limitations, use sub-standard loadouts due to running dry on power.
  20. firerob Level 30

I HAVE TRIED IT MANY TIMES THS PAST WEED, IN THE FORM OF THE WOLF CRITICAL ATTACK OF 11K,IN NORMAL FORM 9 A 10KDE CRITICAL ATACIN 1 LOADOUT ,AND HEARING O TRANSFORM THE FIRST 5 SECOND INCREMASE THE CRITIC HITS LAST WEED I DID 15 TO 18K.................TALKING TO SOME OF MY FRIENDS WHO ARE ALSO NATURE HAVE ALSO NOTICED THEM THE DIFFERENCE