Best DPS Power Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Your thoughts?

2. KronusLives Level 30

How about you play support role :)
    • Like x 3
  3. Streven Dedicated Player

Best dps for what exactly? That's a pretty subjective question. What are you into? End game raids, being a team player, scoreboard chasing, just having fun? These types of things make the answer different.
    • Like x 2
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Mental and sorcery
    • Like x 2
  5. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Oh i see.... Im not watching your video. Promote yourself somewhere else
  6. SasquaT Dedicated Player

1st of all i want to thx you for yours time to make this video but to be honest non of yours loadsout is optimal dps loadsout .
    Thats why its waste of time to watch it .
    Sorry :(
  7. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Good point, one which applies to every video claiming a power is best. I'd say in best DPS in all circumstances, but I suppose since most of these are very melee-centric loadouts it would have to be for solo/duo. Maybe Alerts, but Raids would most likely need to have more range. And as I say in the clip I'm trying to find play methods that will help low & mid-tier players (the ones who quit), as well as apply to end tier. (the video explains why the scoreboard Damage Out is meaningless)
  8. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

If I were making money off it, I would. But if you think those are best, why? Have you tested them objectively?
  9. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Thanks, what are the optimal loadouts? I'll test them.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Watched parts of the video. Your rage loadout is not optimal. Not really sure what you were going for. Just a video of a bunch of loadouts or where these supposed to be optimal?
    • Like x 1
  11. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Optimal (but I suppose the question is, what does optimal mean?).

I guess I should have started with some explanation. Players constantly say, 'X is the best DPS power'. What they mean is, 'In my opinion X is the best power, though I haven't tested it objectively against the other powers'. The only way to determine the best power is to use 15 toons with exactly equal stats against the same live enemy (not sparring targets). The quantifiable standard measurement is damage per second. The only restriction is that you have to beat the boss without totally emptying your power pool, in other words six 300 power cost abilities would be unrealistic. The loadouts I use are the best that I could find to meet that criteria. If there are more optimal loadouts, then I'll test them out & see where they rank against the other powers.

(only other restrictions - no iconic powers; this is about the power set only, all play is PftT with no weapons use)
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

The optimal loadout would be the one that nets the best dps. I myself, don't share loadouts, but I'm just saying the rage one you made isn't optimal. That doesn't mean it doesn't work for you. For example, your mostly running melee and then you throw in a ranged combo. Again, fine if it works for you, but far from optimal. The title of your thread is best DPS power stats revamp, so that's why I commented. If your thread was, alternative dps loadouts for powers, I would not have said anything.
  13. firerob Level 30

please fix nature, because now it does not hurt
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

very nice still. sweet.
  15. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

That's the thing, I'm really trying to find the best power, objectively (which, as far as I know no one had tried). So although all these have no problem getting through the mission I'd love to test better loadouts than any that you see here to evaluate equally against all the others. Rage is one (of several) that that I saw posted on YouTube - gave me the best damage per second under equal conditions than the other Rage loadouts I tried. The loadouts I made were Mental, Quantum, Fire, Ice. All else I got from the guides section of this Forum or YouTube (just didn't have time to eval each ability of each power).
  16. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Me or the devs? I agree the nerf last Thursday had a significant impact. Prior to that it was 2nd highest DPS in my test.
  17. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Your Nature LO is 'good'. There is no real advantage to staying in Wolf form. I saw you use Harvest after applying HoTs on Metallo followed by Roar, that was a wasted move since there were no other enemies near to spread to. Staying in Gorilla form has added survivability advantages among others that give it both a competitive edge or group benefit depending on your LO.
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Isn't there a head mod for wolf form? I figure that's why most use it.
  19. JasonIsley Devoted Player

There is now and I think Gorilla has always had one. Prior to revamp Gorilla SC was rarely used.
  20. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

I guess the idea (got this loadout from YouTube) was to have Harvest for groups (but i'm just guessing). When I get time I'll test all the abilities side by side.
    Not sure I see the benefit of Gorilla. Description says increased defense, damage out & heal are only for a short time, which is the same as wolf. So staying in gorilla would be just the same as staying in wolf, except that in gorilla Vine Lash & Impaling Thorns also target additional enemies (which wouldn't apply to a boss fight). Are there benefits not listed in the description?