Best artifacts for nature healer?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by VictorDoom, May 8, 2020.

1. VictorDoom New Player

hello everyone, I wanted to ask you which are the best healer nature artifacts and also the right loadout? thanks for the kindness to who will answer
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's not really a "best" but for your consideration:
    Orb of Arion
    The Transformation Card
    The Strategist Card
    Page of Destiny
    Eye of Gemini
    It all depends on your play style.
    • Like x 1
  3. Brit Loyal Player

I swear by Orb of Arion & Demon's Fang.

As a long-term Nature Healer, the biggest weakness of the powerset is the lack of burst, since it almost exclusively heals through Heal Over Time powers. The Orb gives that big 300% priority heal, which makes up for that shortcoming very nicely. Moreso than any other healer set, I feel like Nature benefits from the Orb.

The Demon's Fang is there basically exclusively to offset the power consumption of the Orb. Fang would be unneeded without the Orb. But with the Fang, typically a single flurry shot from bow and you are comfortably back up at a healthy supply of power. And while the pet is not the purpose of the artifact, and is instead more like the icing on the cake, the pet does lift a little bit of the burden during the 1.5 seconds immediately following that 300% priority heal.

The last one has some freedom and wiggle room. I will provide certain critique in light of being specifically a Nature Healer.

Eye of Gemini. Scrap of Soul Cloak. Both of these revolve around supercharge spam. Nature Healers require 6 non supercharge powers (Swarm Shield, Savage Growth, Metabolism, Cross-Pollination, Blossom, Flourish), meaning that Supercharge Spam isn't really on the table, unless you want to include a transformation supercharge, place your sixth power on the Supercharge bar, and then just hope that you never need that 6th power at a time when it's so urgent that the global cooldown of popping supercharge doesn't get somebody killed. Generally speaking, Nature is not going Supercharge, so while many other healers use these two, you will probably not see much benefit.

Page of Destiny stacks when you cast your Group Heal. That's Metabolism. So if you typically use Flourish to refresh Metabolism and you aren't regularly casting Metabolism itself, then the stacks will expire instead of building and the artifact doesn't pay off. Probably less than ideal for most playstyles.

Strategist Card. It applies an extra Heal Over Time. For Nature, however, since you perpetually have 3 Heal Over Times going, there is generally not a shortage of that Heal Over Time bounce-back. With a Nature Healer, in my experience, I only really lose players when there is some heavy burst damage. And extra Heal Over Time wouldn't make that difference, because I need burst healing, not "over time" healing. So Strategist Card probably less than ideal.

Transformation Card. So far, this is probably the frontrunner. Reduce the normal heal rates, but increase the crits. The net benefit is an overall slight increase in healing, by averaging in these crits. Personally, I still don't care for it, because I feel like I mostly do fine without it, and I don't want that big Orb heal to get reduced (and a crit from it probably results in overhealing).

Personally the Page or either Card make acceptable 3rd slots, but don't be surprised if you end up swapping them out down the road for something better.
    • Like x 2