Best and easy trolls to use?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ElectricJordan, Feb 15, 2013.

1. ElectricJordan New Player

Lately I've noticed dcuo is short on trolls so I decided to make one. That brings me to my question, which power is the easiest (Light, Gadget, Mental) to use to give off power and which has more power abilities to give off power.
  2. PPVKIGNX New Player

Mental is hard to master, but very rewarding if you got mad skills. The two others are meh, easy to use and not very rewarding as they get boring fast.
  3. Statman New Player

At the moment, Gadgets and Mental have more abilities to give off power (since that's specifically what you asked about), as they've been updated with a 3rd means of doing so (POT, power dump +1 more) which HL has yet to be updated with.

They're all about as easy as each other though.
  4. PPVKIGNX New Player

lies
  5. ElectricJordan New Player

So you suggest mental or gadgets?
  6. Captain Spire New Player

Im a gadget /controller I use a simple setup:
    Sticky bomb or Tazer Pull to repower myself and some-one- near by
    Defibulator to power 3 others in the group
    Word Of Power to power up larger groups (up to 7). It's very simple and easy to use
  7. Skyfall New Player

Gadgets is op and the power catered to lazy players ;)

Try it!
  8. ElectricJordan New Player

Alright creating a gadget character now. Thanks!
  9. Snix Dedicated Player

It's a toss up to me between Gadgets and Mental. I have always thought of Gadget to me more DPS oriented and Mental to be more Crowd Control oriented. Hard Light isn't hard to play but it is a challenge and you get to have a high base Vit than the two other Controller powers. The choice is yours young grass hopper.
  10. Captain Spire New Player

I need to tell you this to help you out a ton. Don't worry too much about your ability to be a good controller until you are level 30. Play with your skills, know your weaknesses, and what ever you do, remember; You are not a tank, you will not be the guy to rush into battle, you cannot out damage many others at your level. You're job, as a good controller, is to keep everyone powered up and at the same time, give supporting fire power. Balance out how often you re-power others, don't let -ANYONE- tell you that you suck or have no idea what you're doing. Other players have a job to do too, make sure you know what your's is and be good at it.
  11. GrimmwoodBlack Well-Known Player

I don't understand all the Light hate, I've always found it not only to be a fun power set but a decent troller as well.
  12. FeelsGood New Player

Hard light hardest to learn most rewarding best CC class and power regain power
    Gadgets great on pulls and juggles
    Mental Group Defense debuffs and who doesn't like turning things into ghosts
  13. NCR RANGER New Player

WOP is a crutch. XD just like speed drain.

If people spent more time mastering power interactions power drain wouldn't be so much of an issue.

That's why we have weapons too.

And How is gadgets op?

I can't beat a tank in 1v1 lair battles.
  14. Captain Spire New Player

I havent used WoP since I reskilled my power set two weeks ago so I've done pretty good with with just Sticky bomb and Defibulator. However, some teams are sponges and use powers more often. I don't hold it against them. I figure, if I can dish it out, then they can take down the bad guys all the more. The WoP (Word of Power) will be a last resort as I can only use it twice in any short period of time. I also find myself with a full Super Power bar (red to yellow) at the end of the missions. Best use the power for something helpful right?
  15. Karmapolice Well-Known Player

I would try all 3 and find the one you like best. There are great guides available for all three powers for anyone serious about being a good controller. But there is no point in playing an easier power if you don't enjoy it.
  16. Statman New Player

Lies? it would depend on what part you were referring to.
  17. NCR RANGER New Player

Supply drop is a great replacement for word of power allowing you to replace it on your load out bar with a control/power interaction power or a debuff.
  18. Laff Riot New Player

To be honest mental or gadgets are the best. But that is just my opinion. I use gadgets myself. I didnt like mental really. I have tried mental a few times but gadgets seems to interact more with the other roles (electric, earth, fire and ice).
  19. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

Giving power is the easy part of being a controller, regardless of powerset.
  20. Tchock New Player

I've been a gadgets troll since launch and its always been my favourite power set. Aside from basic trolling abilities, it has great burst damage, some nice CC, little-to-no cool down or cast times (clips are you friend) and a fantastic shield/aggro-dump move in Distract.